Constant, random crashes in Delirium, tried everything. PLEASE HELP

Dear PoE Support Team,

I'm so sad after reading your manifesto because I've tried really everything. I trusted you guys and assumed the fault was on my end and even reformatted my OC as well as my reset OC / BIOS to have a truly fresh PC:

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
i5-9600K, 6 Cores @ 3.70GHz though I was OC at 5.00 GHz before reboot.
Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz
GeForce RTX 2060 16GB
ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard
Everything on the same m.2 nvme ssd
Liquid CPU cooling, plenty of fans, great little PC.

Look at this image, right before the crash. Does anything look wrong to you?

I made TWO videos showing the progress of HWMonitor, the first one is clearer but both are readable: https://youtu.be/Uc-CMnMnE3I

https://youtu.be/RrvhfjL9uzg

In both videos, I show my PC settings first, then in-game settings, do 1 full map and crash in the second map. 9:30 and 7:30. I found I can go a bit longer if everything is on low, but inevitably I crash.

You can see how temperatures fluctuate, crash happens at the end. Screen goes black, sound stutters for a second then stops. If I press buttons I get windows error bleeps, probably telling me my display driver crashed, but they never recover. I have to manually power off and rest the PC. Sometimes after a crash, loading PoE will cause instant crash upon reaching load screen (beautiful GGG logo animation works great though, don't you guys worry about that!). Resetting all settings usually gets me to boot PoE again, but for how long. I've rarely decided to close the game this league, I always crash and quit. Usually its in delirium fog, but I've crashed in Delves, Incursions... After a few minutes or an hour, I always crash. It wasn't as frequent while leveling, but it did happen plenty. Stress tests can take my CPU and GPU to much higher temperatures, 80+ running 100% for extended periods of time without any sign of crashing. I have OC'd them and pushed them to higher limits before but to eliminate as many variables as possible, I used default here.

A fresh copy of Windows/Steam/PoE with everything default. DO NOT tell me there is anything in the in-game settings I can try to fix this, nothing has worked. It's not windowed mode the problem, fullscreen has the same effect. One, two or 3 monitors, it still happens. Lowest settings in-game, hard capping FPS, power settings in NVidia Control Center, every combination of settings that made any bit of sense I tried. Any combination of settings suggested by previous users I've tried. I played the end of the previous league just to prepare for this and was enjoying all high settings, max AA, AS I SHOULD BE ABLE TO WITH THIS PC.

My voltages are good, temperatures are good, install is fresh and disk / poe file checking revealed nothing. What do you want me to do here run an overnight memtest? If I can stream in 1080p60fps much "harder to run" games, PoE shouldn't be an issue. It wasn't in the previous league.

Please tell me there's something I can do, I'd like to enjoy the league, I do enjoy it in brief moments. But it won't be fun in 3 weeks when all my friends are done and giving me their scraps. I don't want to believe I'm really that screwed. If there's nothing I can do but sit here waiting for you guys to fix it, which will take a while since you apparently have no idea, then please go ahead and delete my league character and refund my latest purchases because I'm done with this league.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,
Dessembrae, Lord of Tears
Last edited by hivesteel on Mar 18, 2020, 5:18:31 AM
Last bumped on Jan 6, 2024, 6:07:44 PM
bump
Sounds like you have problems with your PSU.
You can watch the video, my voltages are stable and do not experience errors in much more difficult-than-PoE stress tests.
For some reason POE doesnt activate my GPU fan profile on occasions, unless I load up the manufacturers program. How are the GPU temps?
Yes I noticed that as well, I used external program to set the fan speed to the limit, you can see in the image and videos I posted the crash occurs when the GPU is below 60 degrees.

I have stress tested my GPU with Furmark for a long time and it never crashed, running near 80 degrees.
bump
I checked my PSU performance using a digital volt meter and there was no ssues with my 12V and 5V voltages.

I updated my fan profiles using MSI afterburner to make sure they quickly go to 80% at 50 C and 100% at 60 C.

I was able to run Furmark AND prime95 simulateously for extended period of time. This brings my GPU and CPU to 100% capacity for extended period of time. There is no crash. I will run an overnight memtest86 but seems unlikely.

Is there nothing else I can do, GGG? The problem really seems to be on your end yet you won't even dignify the many threads with responses.
This is my HWMonitor results after running Prime95 and Furmark simultaneously for 10 minutes, please let me know if something looks odd.

Last edited by hivesteel on Mar 19, 2020, 9:20:19 AM
"
hivesteel wrote:
I checked my PSU performance using a digital volt meter and there was no ssues with my 12V and 5V voltages.

I updated my fan profiles using MSI afterburner to make sure they quickly go to 80% at 50 C and 100% at 60 C.

I was able to run Furmark AND prime95 simulateously for extended period of time. This brings my GPU and CPU to 100% capacity for extended period of time. There is no crash. I will run an overnight memtest86 but seems unlikely.

Is there nothing else I can do, GGG? The problem really seems to be on your end yet you won't even dignify the many threads with responses.

well programs like MSI afterburner and nVidia Experiance are known to curse PoE crashes.....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info