[3.10] Captain Wraeclast reloaded - pure phys Impale SST - Uber Elder/Sirus 8

It might be cuz my skill gems are to low atm and ill play flask piano more, molten shell. I just rerolled to this char, so i prolly need more practice. I set my chars on public let me know if i should change some stufd around.
Ok, some stuff:

- Your char is level 83. Dying in Red Maps on that level is not unusual. Don't push your Limit and farm content appropriate to your level

- Your Flasks are not crafted. Get 20% quality on it, craft instant regen and bleed removal on Life Flask. Get curse immunity on one flask, freeze immunity on another, increased Armor during duration on the third and either poison or burning immunity on the last.

- Qualitiy up your Armor-items (Boots/Chest). That's some Bonus-Armor thats rather notable

- Your gems are level ~14-15. Get them to 19/20 and see the difference

- Try to get the right Cluster Jewels and redo your Tree. It's quiet some extra DPS you get with the right Jewels. Helps a lot with clearing and better clear = less monsters attacking you = less deaths.

Other than that, practice. You'll surely get it!
I recorded some videos, watch them and look at my moving patterns/flask usage/Molten Shell usage to get some idea how to play the build.

Other than that, practice Bossfights, if you have a hard time on them.

Pushing Red Maps is not an easy task that you can just do on a "new" character. Practice in T6-10 and when you get better and leveld your gems, you can push further. Progress slowly and safely!
Last edited by Arandur on Mar 24, 2020, 4:07:22 AM
Yeah makes sense, thank you for the help. But so far build feels nice clear speed is amazing, even w/ under leveld gems i just wanted to see if im doing anything extremely wrong. Before i commit to a 6L armor lol. Ill porbibly try to hit a better shield also.
Yeah, if you want to push it, 2,5k+ Armor on Shield is the goal. Yours will do for general Mapping though.

Have fun and stay healthy!
Last edited by Arandur on Mar 24, 2020, 4:15:34 AM
I have some suggestions:

Auromvorax is an excellent levelling weapon: Pretty fast and up to 60 % to all elemental resistances. So you don't have to care too much about elemental resiatnces on the other equipment slots.

In the 4-link-gem-setup "Ancestral Protector - Faster Attacks - Culling Strike - Block Chance Reduction" one could replace the Block Chance Reduction with Riposte. Riposte is triggered automatically when you block and it would also benefit from the Culling Strike.

BTW, my Hardcore character died fighting Kitava and was reborn in Softcore. There I could give her the recommended unique jewel. It makes such a big difference! Now I understand even more why you recommend it.

Thank you very much for the guide. I am really enjoying this character.

Stay sane, exile, in these dark times.
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
I was planning on making a SST build for some time now, and today I've found 2 nice items in SC SSF:

I can farm up the Lioneye armour easily in SSF, and I have a bit of fossils stashed, so crafting is also on the table (pun intended).

My question is: with the introduction of cluster jewels, do you think SST is able to clear t16 delirium maps and other endgame content?

Thanks!
"
viray wrote:

My question is: with the introduction of cluster jewels, do you think SST is able to clear t16 delirium maps and other endgame content?

Thanks!

Do you mean 100% Delirium T16? Don't know, probably yeah. I did 20% T16 in thee video I posted without much trouble on a 5-link. 6-link SST, get some good gear and you probably can do most of the content in the game (Atziri and HoGM excluded).
First of all, really enjoying playing this build, third build of the league on the first that really clicked for me, especially with Delirium, so thanks for the build and guide.

With regards to cluster jewels, my PoB doesn't show any damage increase when allocating 'Follow Through. Any insight in to why that is, or how to calculate the potential increase?

EDIT: Seems to be numerous reports of this notable being bugged :/
Last edited by Mounse on Apr 6, 2020, 2:37:03 PM
Hi there! My Spectral Shield Throw character name is MakeYourDreamsBeMemes.

I just wanted to say, this build has been a blast, then disappointing, then a blast again! I have finished Awakened 5 Sirus with it. I still die in T15/T16 maps because of my greed. Not being able to phase bosses is a blessing and a curse. Blessing because I get to enjoy the intense mechanics of the fights; curse because wow, this game has some seriously painful punishes.

I may pivot into the below build for 100% cold damage conversion just to try it out. I honestly just want to hit level 95 with this character a la your advice and maybe take down Awakened 8 content. Time will tell.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2548646
Last edited by Luckybed on Apr 12, 2020, 12:48:18 AM
Can you add a path of building for mobile users? I play console.

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info