[3.10] Captain Wraeclast reloaded - pure phys Impale SST - Uber Elder/Sirus 8

Awesome job reviving this build! I just got this build going today and will report back with anything I can help add.
So i tried this out today. made it to act 8 in a few hours. smooth sailing the entire way. Grabbed an ~800 armor shield for 1 alch which should easily carry me through the reamining acts and to lvl 70 where i'll pick up a lioneye remorse to use until i craft something better
"
DarqKiller wrote:
Hey there! nice to see the guide up and running!
Well done there!
Perfect usage of those cluster jewels!

let me ask you...
1- why use the 'pierce' large jewel cluster and not the 'point blank' one?

and within that same question..

2- why going to 'master of force' ? just damage and some life on the way?

3- that chest is a PAIN in the sore as* to color ... ='( was thinking on using an Aerodynamics notable from cluster jewel.. but idk.. maybe i will just use Slower <> Pierce

"
Arandur wrote:
Update: Added PoB with my current Cluster Jewel and example Gear from my last seasons Character (not optimal).

it's still not working on my forked PoB =/

1. I don't get your question. My large Jewel has "12% increased Attack Damage while holding a Shield" and the Notable "Gladiatorial Combat", which increases my Attack Damage by 2% per 75 Armor/Evasion on Shield. There is no piercing.

2. Master of Force is on of the strongest notables on the Tree for pure phys builds. Double Damage AND phys reduction on enemies is huge.

3. I needed like ~30 chromes. 4g2r is nothing special on an evasion chest. You could even use the benschcraft for "at least 2 red sockets" and be done pretty quick

I will look into the PoB-fork issue.
"
Trespeon wrote:
Build looks amazing and Im gonna reroll into it today. The cluster jewels finally gave me reason to give this a shot.

A few questions for you.

1. PoB does not work on Forked version. Not sure if you are aware.

2. You take unwavering stance with only 4700 life and 26% block. This feels more like a downside than up, could you explain how it doesnt just get you killed more often?

3. 80% impale chance is good enough or are you going to go for 100% by 90 and grab the other nodes? (Sorry if this is obvious but I cant use your PoB to see potential tree, just going off your current character)

4. What is the best annoint for this build?

I'm happy you kept up with the other guys build guide and took it over. This skill is highly underrated/represented and its awesome that you are showing that it does work well and has good potential.

1. Will look into it.

2. How should stun immunity kill you more often? Don't get it to be honest. We have no way to not get stunned in the build besides that node. We don't go dodge, so why not take it? Play an influenced double beyond Delirium and tell me again, stun immunity is a downside ;)

3. I'd say it's good enough, but you can certainly grab the last Impalenodes for 4 points instead of some Shieldbased Damagenodes.

4. I'd say go for "Discipline and Training". Extra Life is always good and that's pretty much the only thing that is hard to get on a Rangertree. Damage is allready there plenty. But if you feel like more DPS is better, I'd say go for "Rampart". We always have Fortify up and 8% AS with 20% attack damage is rather nice. You could also go for "Aggresive Bastion" for some Endurance Charge generation, some block and more attack damage.

And thanks for the comment!
"
Goatdemon wrote:
Awesome job reviving this build! I just got this build going today and will report back with anything I can help add.

"
DotsandDashes wrote:
So i tried this out today. made it to act 8 in a few hours. smooth sailing the entire way. Grabbed an ~800 armor shield for 1 alch which should easily carry me through the reamining acts and to lvl 70 where i'll pick up a lioneye remorse to use until i craft something better

Glad you guys give it a go. Can't wait to hear from your results!
Edit: Added another Gearoption I forgot about: Vulnerbility on Hit Ring.
Further added a new PoB link that should work on the communitybranch and includes Impale calculations.
"
Arandur wrote:
Further added a new PoB link that should work on the communitybranch and includes Impale calculations.

I checked out the PoB and for some reason i never thought about notables stacking with each other if you get the same ones on multiple jewels. I rerolled the one i linked on the first page. It's still not great because i dont have the currency to keep rolling it yet but now that I see how you have it set up, assuming they do infact stack, those are going to give huge damage bonuses. Especially to single target which is SST's biggest weakness.

"
DotsandDashes wrote:
"
Arandur wrote:

I checked out the PoB and for some reason i never thought about notables stacking with each other if you get the same ones on multiple jewels. I rerolled the one i linked on the first page. It's still not great because i dont have the currency to keep rolling it yet but now that I see how you have it set up, assuming they do infact stack, those are going to give huge damage bonuses. Especially to single target which is SST's biggest weakness.

Notables do stack, I can confirm that via Tooltip-DPS and even Bex confirmed it in some Reddit-Thread. It works great and helps with ST immensly!
"
Arandur wrote:

2. How should stun immunity kill you more often? Don't get it to be honest. We have no way to not get stunned in the build besides that node. We don't go dodge, so why not take it? Play an influenced double beyond Delirium and tell me again, stun immunity is a downside ;)

Stun immunity isnt bad, of course. I meant the downside in that you use flesh and stone for blind when not bossing and you completely negate that with "Cannot Evade Attacks".

As an alternative you could easily take Brine King Pantheon and that removes the chance of being stun locked which is the real issue with stun in the first place. Free up those points and allow the blind to be an actual layer of defense for the build.

Just a thought.
Thanks for the input, but I rather use Blood Stance for mapping and use my pantheon for less chaos res, because since the Atlas rework, chaos damage is actually a problem again.
You could of course do it your way, nothing wrong with it and rather a matter of preference.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info