[3.14]CoC Poet's Pen Blade Fall/Blade Blast |League start to All content down |16M+ Dps fast clear

"
First thing first, always go for a 4/5 passive medium cluster, for large cluster if you can afford getting 2 jewels + 8 passives are the best
You can save like 3 points here if you do get a 4/5 medium, 8 passive
If budget is an issue, go for the 4/5 medium first, it should not be expensive(pressure points/quick getaway)
Also looking at your current large cluster jewel, you are taking 1 extra point for a small node for no reason, you can save 1 point there and throw into life

I would say you are lacking lots of life on your gear, crafted life on multiple pieces of gear just dont make the cut for red tier maps content

In your current situation, ill try to roll more life on gear, then transit into the 2nd end game PoB, i do find that my survivability boosted up alot after getting acrobatics despite having less life, but you need to go close to 5.4k life if you were to transit into that version. I managed to level from 96-97 from simulacrums and juiced af t16s with just 2 deaths(1 from lag)

Honestly, i do avoid maps like toxic sewers, with delirium content its extremely unfriendly to any build that can tank everything in game, narrow hallways with nowhere to dodge + lots of explosionsdeaths = bad
Dense maps are fine, just no to narrow maps

Your gear are pretty close to mine, but tbh ill go for a higher life-d boots over the cooldown boots you have, it kinda hurts to have 15% movement speed over 30%

Thank you very much it got waaaaay better!
What would be the order of priority between a second Awakened Spell cascad, tailwind on boots and a Watcher's eye with at least 2 mods ?

Thanks again <3
"

Thank you very much it got waaaaay better!
What would be the order of priority between a second Awakened Spell cascad, tailwind on boots and a Watcher's eye with at least 2 mods ?

Thanks again <3

2nd spell cascade then tailwind cooldown boots, 2 mods watcher Eye is a super luxury

"
nocninja_ wrote:
Why not use spell slinger? I'm sure you can get better stats out of your weapon slots that way.

Have answered that before, spell slinger literally works like an aura(we lose 19to40% dps dropping pride) , triggers at a much slower rate than poet pen or coc, one trigger alone will not maximize our benefit out of blade fall triggers.
Blade Fall only drop half the blades when triggered, this is why we have to go all in on triggering them

Poet pen however is more consistent(we don't need to hit anything), doesn't reserve mana, triggers faster
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
Hi OP or other vet players,

I have about 5 ex currency only. How can I level this build? I know getting 2 poet's pen is pretty cheap and I can start using it at level 12. What skills do I socket inside them? Your levelling guide did not include what if we get poet's pen early.

And after poet's pen how should I spend my currency? First time playing these type of build where there's auto casting involved.

Thanks.
"
aquasnow93 wrote:
Hi OP or other vet players,

I have about 5 ex currency only. How can I level this build? I know getting 2 poet's pen is pretty cheap and I can start using it at level 12. What skills do I socket inside them? Your levelling guide did not include what if we get poet's pen early.

And after poet's pen how should I spend my currency? First time playing these type of build where there's auto casting involved.

Thanks.

I would level with poet pen linked with wave of conviction and arc early on, once your attack speed gets to a comfortable level(0.33-4 attack/second), you should be able to swap into bladefall/blast with good consistency

Dont run CoC early, just do barrage/increased attack speed, run CoC after you have collected 3 grand spectrums

there isnt any required unique besides poet's pen and probably the 3 grand spectrums, so any upgrades you get from the start would be good life/res gear

Afterwards, it would be getting good rings/amulet for sustain(life gain on spell hit)

Getting a starkonja with bladefall+1 volley enchant or blade blast aoe would be the 1st big upgrade. Either that or an awakened increased aoe
My Builds/Stream

Hi,

thanks for the guide. I'm currently trying to level this and I like sticking with the skills I'll use later but the damage of bladefall is so low it takes ages to kill a story boss. I'm using two axioms atm and a tabula. AM I doing something wrong? Am I missing something?

Could you give me a few tips for leveling this?
Wanted to give feedback on the build. I had 15 exalts to begin with the build. I went for it, levelled with poet's pen and levelling was a breeze. Items are actually cheap for the build. I'd say it's cheap to activate the build. Killed a8 awakener easily right now and still missing 1 frenzy charge, 2 awakened spell cascades, tailwind boots, bottled faith etc. So there's a lot of improvement. So, thanks for the build man.

Hey Astarift, I love this guide and this build, the clear is insane but I am struggling on some of the endgame. I'm just looking for some advice on my gear that might help me push Sirus. My damage feels good, but so far I have failed twice due to getting oneshot from off screen but that is likely my fault due to not being super familiar with the fight. Also how did you kill Kosis in simulacrum? He makes this build cry due to teleport and high damage, I cant get consistent attacks in to proc life on spell hit enough to sustain. I know im missing cooldown recovery on belt and boots, but what kind of factor does that really play other than more dps? Any advice on how to survive these fights would be much appreciated.

POB: https://pastebin.com/XLbSS1Tp
Last edited by semaj356 on Apr 7, 2020, 5:40:15 PM
"
Atray wrote:
Hi,

thanks for the guide. I'm currently trying to level this and I like sticking with the skills I'll use later but the damage of bladefall is so low it takes ages to kill a story boss. I'm using two axioms atm and a tabula. AM I doing something wrong? Am I missing something?

Could you give me a few tips for leveling this?

Your set up seems fine, however, bladefall/blast doesnt work super amazingly well early on because you probably dont attack fast enough to generate lots of blades to blast. Our single target revolves around having blade blast explosions and early on, a CoC set up arent super consistent till we get lots of crit(ascendancy, grand spectrum x3)

If you are having issues with leveling and single target on bosses, ill suggest running an unleash bladefall set up for burst

"
saenimy2 wrote:
Wanted to give feedback on the build. I had 15 exalts to begin with the build. I went for it, levelled with poet's pen and levelling was a breeze. Items are actually cheap for the build. I'd say it's cheap to activate the build. Killed a8 awakener easily right now and still missing 1 frenzy charge, 2 awakened spell cascades, tailwind boots, bottled faith etc. So there's a lot of improvement. So, thanks for the build man.

The build is meant to be cheap to start, expensive to min max as we get really strong as you throw currency in. Glad you pretty much destroyed the game content within the 15ex budget

"
semaj356 wrote:

Hey Astarift, I love this guide and this build, the clear is insane but I am struggling on some of the endgame. I'm just looking for some advice on my gear that might help me push Sirus. My damage feels good, but so far I have failed twice due to getting oneshot from off screen but that is likely my fault due to not being super familiar with the fight. Also how did you kill Kosis in simulacrum? He makes this build cry due to teleport and high damage, I cant get consistent attacks in to proc life on spell hit enough to sustain. I know im missing cooldown recovery on belt and boots, but what kind of factor does that really play other than more dps? Any advice on how to survive these fights would be much appreciated.

From my experience, fighting Sirus either feels terrible or great. On phases between storms(after he made storms) i try to stay as far as possible so i dont get instagibbed by his meteors/shotgunning projectile. I run in straight and fast to activate his phases and make sure he doesnt start any attacks or sorts when phase happens.
In your set up, you probably would have enough dps to kill/phase him before things get dicey, i killed my 1st A8 sirus with no issue except for lag after getting my 1st awakened spell cascade.
Getting killed offscreen is a norm in sirus, you just gotta keep moving to make sure the die beam dont home into you and 1shot you

As for kosis, my experience with him in simulacrum wave 20s is that the mods are extremely important. Increased aoe effect kosis/somethingphobia is pretty deadly, because wave 20 means they also come with multiple damage mods.
How i handle kosis is that i know and expect that he will flicker strike me, so i hold right click for about a second, dash, hold right click, dash. When he does that beam shit, ill burn all my cooldowns and try to burn him down asap. Depends on your gear and whether that wave has +%life, he should die within 10 seconds of holding right click.
The best window of dps is when he does the beam, gets stunned for a short while after you break his ES. 2nd best window is when he swings his weapon to throw some sort of projectile(you can really predict how fast he throws shit, he swings his weapon slow). Same thing, dash - rightclick 1-2seconds - dash - repeat

Simulacrum tend to spawn both bosses once every 4-5 runs, i always go for the phobiasomething boss 1st because i can burn him down within 5 seconds, kosis is the one that requires more time because he doesnt give much window of dps
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/579740552
Fast forward to 2:21:40, i have a kosis spawn on wave 20, i handled him pretty well here with all those shit mobbing me. Trick of the game here is always be moving and not be overly greedy on the dps

Oh btw, use a cinderswallow with 50% chance to avoid stuns, that will be your life saver you will 1000%vouch for
My Builds/Stream

Last edited by Astarift on Apr 7, 2020, 5:36:31 PM
This build was amazing, I loved it and it pushed me through all of the end game! but now Im affraid I must sell all my gear to go for another build. If anyone is interested pm me ingame @testykills (I know the name is fucked but its really me xD) Build comes with everything listed in the spoiler below. all resses were capped and I didnt need str int or dex from nodes on passives. Total build hp was about 5400 and with the cwdt it was more like 8k. the rings leach was more than enuogh to face tank every boss up until t16 without even having to dodge abilities.

Spoiler

this build was sold!
"These are the gem =)"
-Bex
Last edited by Xerosia on Apr 8, 2020, 10:37:07 AM
looks like a lot of fun.. potentially squishy? your HP dips pretty fast in many cases. How often are you dying? Can this build make a run for lvl 100?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info