[3.15] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

"
Viktranka wrote:

You just reminded me of this flashback highlight....
https://clips.twitch.tv/GeniusSpeedyTea4Head?tt_content=url&tt_medium=clips_api

(I didn't even know this was a thing.)

That's a Bameth spawn, right?
Actualy never saw something like this, seems really unlucky to have it on a metamorph.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
That's a Bameth spawn, right?
Actualy never saw something like this, seems really unlucky to have it on a metamorph.
No idea, I saw it here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3004396

But the on-death effects are getting a bit ridiculous sometimes. I think I've seen at least 2 Raiz clips where he died from post-death effects due to looting.
First of all, Happy 2021 Everybody.
Let's make 2021 a much better year than 2020..

"
Darkxellmc wrote:
Hey

Thank you very much for that detailed response, that was something that I should have said months ago to people, but when people respond to the guide and ask for help and then blame the build for struggles, it's a little off-putting.

I'm just sharing the information that I, MYSELF use for the build, nothing more. I actually check and use this guide post while I level up through a new league, it helps a lot to have it all laid out and right there not having to think.

I had someone a few months ago said this build made him quit because it wouldn't work and it sucked, I even messaged him on the forums to ask him how I could help and he did not respond at all, so I'm assuming he was either a troll or I'm not really sure.
"
Viktranka wrote:

(I didn't even know this was a thing.)
OMG this is why I do not play hardcore... I feel like I would punch my monitor if I died after spending all the time on my character!
Last edited by Havoc209 on Jan 3, 2021, 6:35:55 AM
Would this build still be good after the 3.13 nerfs, especially to contagion radius and trickster traits?
"
veritas5827 wrote:
Would this build still be good after the 3.13 nerfs, especially to contagion radius and trickster traits?
Hi

Yes Trickster is still the way to go I believe, I didn't read the other ascendancy changes too much, (there was a LOT!) they did not nerf Contagion too much luckily, although the evasion reduction and slight damage over time nerfs will be annoying, it still is very viable, and is the build I will be starting off playing this league (again)

If there are any questions I will -hopefully- be streaming the launch at twitch.tv/havoc209.

Right now I am currently out of town and will be heading home Thursday so hopefully I am all setup and ready by Friday!
Won't this build have big problems with how boss-heavy this League appears to be? The Maven encounter will be very annoying with EDCs low boss DPS, won't it?
"
yusayu wrote:
Won't this build have big problems with how boss-heavy this League appears to be? The Maven encounter will be very annoying with EDCs low boss DPS, won't it?
Hi

Essence Drain is definitely not the most ideal boss killer, but the high damage output makes up for that, which actually makes this build playable, in my opinion.

The only problem with this build is that it is VERY squishy, meaning you have to know mechanics and not just run in and get one shot, there is no defensives other than flasks and very high energy shield.
Hello everyone! I'm new to poe. Tell me what is the difference between this build and the next theme https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2581551/page/1
1)For what vaal skill(vaal righteous fire)?
2)Why not make 6 link if possible in body? Insert what?
3)Is 3link blight enough? Everybody does 6 link to kill bosses
4)Why is there no cluster Jewel? After all, this will raise DPS significantly
Last edited by Ve1zevu1 on Jan 20, 2021, 7:47:48 AM
"
Ve1zevu1 wrote:
1)For what vaal skill(vaal righteous fire)?
2)Why not make 6 link if possible in body? Insert what?
3)Is 3link blight enough? Everybody does 6 link to kill bosses
4)Why is there no cluster Jewel? After all, this will raise DPS significantly

1: vaal rf you use for the spell power buff when you pop it
2: if you put a 6L in ur body you cant fit in RF and having played a variation where you did run a 6L blight, this version is better imo as standing around too much is very dangerous (i suppose in the other versions though you do try to get dodge cap so i can understand why you're able to channel it)
3: blight is not used to kill anything, only for proccing infused channeling, to kill bosses u want to use ur wither totems to stack the huge increased chaos dmg taken debuff on him
4: actually good question, altho it does seem like atleast me personally idk what points id get rid of, perhaps ES when you're super late game

me personally i used this build and got around 11mil DOT dps (with all wither stacks and buffs and whatnot) in delirium and loved it a lot, now that delirium isnt every map i can see how tanky the build ACTUALLY is too because i did think this build was super squishy while playing it in delirium but i think that was just how juiced delirium mobs are
Last edited by Absorblolx on Jan 21, 2021, 1:40:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info