3.10|Stress-Free PoE| TRIGGER HAPPY |Use Any Items You Want|1 Button Gameplay|Easily Customizable

"
Praef wrote:
Yeah, it is difficult to tell what was the cause of my death because of those specific things-it could even be a random mob that did that.

And I suppose it makes sense, but grinding/farming for achievements can be a bit tricky. I think I only got the horns without actively working for those to be honest. Mostly because the others I didn't get were a tad specific.

As for damage, Bladestorm has the advantage of at least dealing constant damage even if you are being forced to move around the arena. But other builds with axe/sword and shield do enjoy lacerate. Of course that would mean switching weapons pre-fight or switching gems.
I hear you Praef,

I hate gem-swapping. It really sucks forgetting to do it before a boss. But that being said, you're not screwed if you keep Bladestorm in either.

I LOVE DOTs. And even though Bladestorm isn't a DOT, it acts like one with the storms staying on the ground. I like it. It's one of the many reasons I chose the skill for the build; for the exact reasons you stated...dealing damage while moving. I love it.

(I gave up achievement/challenge hunting long ago. I just like to play my way now, you know?)

There's a million details to this game, so don't be discouraged by surprise deaths.

Thanks for the post :).
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
CAChadwick wrote:
Thank you both for your answers. I finally got Bladestorm on my preview character and while I think it'll take a little while to get used to, I'm definitely enjoying it for trash mobs. I've had terrible luck getting socketed items and I'm not willing to waste materials on a throw-away character, but I can already see the potential for this character (wandering AFK for a moment and coming back to dead enemies is always nice).

Thanks again, I really look forward to playing this character "for real."
The gem gets really strong as it levels CAChadwick,

So hang in there. (Isn't blocking so fun!?)

The hardest part about levelling is choosing between crappy gear with the sockets you want and good gear without the sockets you want (if either of them are dropping for you). Levelling is hard. But that's ok. It's preparing you ;). Later your issues aren't socket/links. Later on it's mods mods mods. It never ends...and it's awesome ;).

Thanks again. I'm glad you're enjoying it. 3.11 in 8 days!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Yeah, block/spell block are godsend. While I finally managed to save up enough dosh for a stun lock build, I am already missing that tankiness. The only thing you have to watch out for on this build is DoT, explosive chests/corpses and those suicidal fire ball thingies after you kill a mob.

So make sure you get potions with poison/bleed healing and another for freeze as some chests have the nasty combo of freeze+explosive. Watch out for green totems, I think they are called grim totes, they explode corpses. And keep an eye ESPECIALLY on the big mantis-like monsters, those loooove to explode corpses.
"
Praef wrote:
Yeah, block/spell block are godsend. While I finally managed to save up enough dosh for a stun lock build, I am already missing that tankiness. The only thing you have to watch out for on this build is DoT, explosive chests/corpses and those suicidal fire ball thingies after you kill a mob.

So make sure you get potions with poison/bleed healing and another for freeze as some chests have the nasty combo of freeze+explosive. Watch out for green totems, I think they are called grim totes, they explode corpses. And keep an eye ESPECIALLY on the big mantis-like monsters, those loooove to explode corpses.
Awesome advice Praef,

Yup. Standing still makes me zone out to DOTs with this build. But increasing my Chaos Resist to at least 0 is a HUGE help (well, I guess with any build that's true...but especially for builds that standstill).

Good advice! Thanks!

Annnnnd

I should be the one thanking you for taking away the stress I was having on higher levels to keep my exp intact. After I got my hands on a Surrender Ezomyte shield along with my already somewhat beefy gear it was pretty easy/satisfying to grind up to the mace build I moved on to. Of course the new build will take some time for me to get used to due to how I got so used to blocking all sorts of normal attacks.

But I certainly wouldn't be using such a nuclear/high damage build without this shield build making me climb up there on the farming and leveling. So I do highly recommend it for people wanting a more chill experience or just casual farming.

PS: Get a sulphur flask with freezing immunity if possible, after all the immunity will only last -during- its effect. So if you are full hp trying to open a chest, a freeze immune health potion won't be of any help. Also it does give a nice boost to dps+regen floor. They aren't expensive either.
Last edited by Praef on Jun 14, 2020, 6:31:46 AM
Yo WoD,

I had some issues with my PS4 network, no clue why I cannot log anymore from my Android phone to PoE using PS4 network.

I did Cortex map, died only once - stood is some black thing (maybe I was blind? :)) )

I tried Sirus A6 and I manage to take him down to like 3-4% but used all the portals. Died twice in a very stupid way, the other four were pretty legit, almost one shot from some random ability I did not block.

It is a fun fight, I am sure next time will take him down.

(the downsize is that I was half way lvl 97 and list 50% of the xp, will take me days to get back to it)

I believe I will try Harvest using this build, let's see if the real life will allow me to play.

I believe I could use more dmg but tbh, I am not sure what more I could get to make a difference.
Of course, more life will be great as well, now I am back to 6.450 life (due to amulet swap)

"
Praef wrote:
I should be the one thanking you for taking away the stress I was having on higher levels to keep my exp intact. After I got my hands on a Surrender Ezomyte shield along with my already somewhat beefy gear it was pretty easy/satisfying to grind up to the mace build I moved on to. Of course the new build will take some time for me to get used to due to how I got so used to blocking all sorts of normal attacks.

But I certainly wouldn't be using such a nuclear/high damage build without this shield build making me climb up there on the farming and leveling. So I do highly recommend it for people wanting a more chill experience or just casual farming.

PS: Get a sulphur flask with freezing immunity if possible, after all the immunity will only last -during- its effect. So if you are full hp trying to open a chest, a freeze immune health potion won't be of any help. Also it does give a nice boost to dps+regen floor. They aren't expensive either.
You're very kind Praef!

I appreciate your kind words. I'm happy to have helped!

I hear you. It's hard going from Blocking to not blocking. It's a different mindset.

All awesome suggestions in your post! Thanks again for your kindness.

Annnnnd

"
ninjakurulz wrote:
Yo WoD,

I had some issues with my PS4 network, no clue why I cannot log anymore from my Android phone to PoE using PS4 network.

I did Cortex map, died only once - stood is some black thing (maybe I was blind? :)) )

I tried Sirus A6 and I manage to take him down to like 3-4% but used all the portals. Died twice in a very stupid way, the other four were pretty legit, almost one shot from some random ability I did not block.

It is a fun fight, I am sure next time will take him down.

(the downsize is that I was half way lvl 97 and list 50% of the xp, will take me days to get back to it)

I believe I will try Harvest using this build, let's see if the real life will allow me to play.

I believe I could use more dmg but tbh, I am not sure what more I could get to make a difference.
Of course, more life will be great as well, now I am back to 6.450 life (due to amulet swap)
Hey ninjakurulz,

That sucks about the PS4 stuff. I wish I had an answer for you.

Great job on your progress! The Sirus fight is just so dumb. There are just so many dumb moments in the fight that don't make sense. Don't let the fight discourage you. Great job getting so close at A6! And awesome getting to 97!

I hear you about damage. It's always nice to improve. But the hard thing about Max Block builds (especially max block without needing specific gear), it really spreads you thin on the tree. I had to really squeak out the damage that we have. You could change the tree to be sword or axe specific. Then you'd be able to get a little more damage.

Annnnnd

This build looks great for me. I dont like to smash x buttons and my notebook cant handle too much effects (onboard graphics).
Gonna try it in the new league with my BFF (and some drinks) as duo, he will play also a phys dmg melee. Might change berserk for a warcry that helps us both. Not sure if Tempest Shield + Culling Strike will be helpful as duo. Maybe link TS with CWDT (for lazyness) and a warcry.
Hi, exilewayne, imho about Tempest Shield + Culling Strike you are right and not, because Tempest shield needed for cap block and Culling just a pretty nice option for an extra lethal damage in boss fights. But we are both trying to make mega lazy variation of this build, in my version it will be same vengeance, reposte and reconing, cwdt setup for curse or damage (still dunno what better) and Shield Charge as a main skill for movemend and smashing mobs. Your idea with warcry seems to be a great choice ! Best wishes!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info