[3.11] 🗡️🔥HunterKee's Blade Blast & Blade Vortex | League Start | Insane Clear | Boss Killer | Tanky

Good build so far for damage but I'm having a hell of a time surviving. I know its early and my gear is still trash but what are the survival mechanics of this besides the Chieftain part of it?
After getting Avatar of Fire, do I path to Divine Judgement/Divine Fury OR Heart of Flame first?
Last edited by maxineji on Mar 14, 2020, 11:10:38 PM
"
ahunterkee wrote:

"
Sad, we wont have 50 x 20% AOE. Blade Vortex could only detonate 10 times

"
League Experience:
I use the exact set-up as my league starter. I was more expecting high clear speed and decent damage. In fact, this build have really decent clear speed and huge single target damage. I was instant phasing innocent during leveling, and use my act6 weapon to kill t1 boss within a second.

"
Change log:
I update a new version of the tree, is non-crit version and way easy as a league start. Here is the POB: https://pastebin.com/3NsmsMnm

Design Concept

"
During the new blade blast demo video, we see the powerful combination with Blade Vortex + Blade Blast. In that video, the blast trigger from inside to the outside and have almost full-screen size AOE damage.

"
I will update a full detail version after the league start, currently, I put everything in POB.

GOOD NEWS:
1. Blade Blast damage is not based on the Blade Vortex gem level. Which means, as long as we have blades, it can deal tons of damage.
2. The limit of detonating is 50 blades instead of 10. In the blade blast demo, you can see the full-screen clear effect by just detonating 10 blades. Imagine we could sustain that detonation and have over screen clear.

BAD NEWS for cwdt version:
1. The Blade Blast will detonate each blade per 0.1 sec which are shorter than our cwdt cool down which is 0.25 sec. This means we might wont see the playstyle like a molten shell build but more like winter orb. Sometimes, you might need to cast blade vortex yourself.

CWDT concept:
Update:
Sadly, there is no way to sustain blade blast cost by casting blade vortex. The amount of blade will be spent is base on the instance when you use blade blast. So, it will never be over 10.

The blade blast damage is not base on the damage of blade vortex. We could easily use ignite cwdt set-up link with Blade Vortex.

Every time we ignite an enemy, we cast blade vortex one time. Which will sustain our Blade blast cost, which will end up full screen clear as long as we constantly ignite our enemy.

I will start working on cwdt version after further testing

Ascendancy
Why Chieftain? :
Chieftain already has amazing damage support as well as the defense layer. With enough gear, this build is quite tanky.
Ngamahu->Hinekora->Tasalio->Ramako

Tree
Pls check the new POB version, I change a lot and will make a non pob version soon.

Notes
1. After your choose your first Ascendancy, you could start to alloact Avatar of Fire
2. After you have the quiver, you don't need to use Avatar of Fire
3. I save plenty points for the new cluster jewel nodes

Gear
"
We will need some dex from our gear to use all gems. Try to get those from boots, gloves or amulet
Helmet
This could solve our potential mana problem and also allow us use more aura.

Weapon
You could get this 2 weapon quite cheap during league start
End Game Caster Bow:
You could use farm div card to get a 6-link bow. Then you could use alteration orb to spam get:
+1 All socket gem or
%Global Critical Strike Multiplier
After that you could multi craft:
+2 level of Support Gem
chance to deal double damage

"
In 3.10, socket gem deal 20% more elemental damage will only appear on shaper bow now, make sure the base is shaper base if you want to get Min-Max bow

For quiver, make sure you got the upgrade version before you try to vaal:
"Gain 10-12% Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage"

Chest
You could use this 2 chest or explode chest. Remember, we dont really need a 6-link chest after we have our 6-link caster bow

Flask
This are the flask we aiming for, bottle faith are expensive so get it last.

Gem
Blade Blast + :

Single Target Support:

Movement:

Blade Vortex:

CWDT

Path of Building (POB)
https://pastebin.com/3NsmsMnm
This is the new version of tree. Non crit version is way better during league start. You could switch to crit version after you have good amount of crit multi jewel or good cluster jewel.

Bandit/Anoint/Pantheon
Bandit: Kill All
Anoint: Master of Force
Pantheon:
Major: Soul of Solaris
Minor: Soul of Shakari

Leveling
We wont have bladeblast before act3. You could start to use other melee leveling set-up. Also, I recommand you start to use Blade Blast gem set-up after 38 and first Ascendancy.

If you felt you lack of damage during leveling with BB + BV

1. Craft 2x fire flat leveling wand.
2. Alloacted Elemental overload
3. Alloacted Avatar of Fire

Before BB choices (If no one willing to buy BB for you)
GroundSlam -> Sunder -> BladeStorm -> BV + BB

Current Gear
3/14/2020

I just use this cheap set-up killed First Baron. He died in 0.2 second

Where is video link pls
"
Bornforexile wrote:
I see you removed tanky from the title XD i made my own similar build using
Self cast Bladefall as my main skill, blade blast as a kind of finisher but our trees look very similar. I was wondering how you were tanky but seeing that made me giggle. Thank you :)

I'm still getting randomly one shot in T2-3 maps (my gear isn't even CLOSE to finished but i do have the helm to make me even tankier and i still feel like toilet paper)

Yes, originally I thought the cluster jewel gonna help a lot, but not xD. I post another tree for more defense focus
"
maxineji wrote:
After getting Avatar of Fire, do I path to Divine Judgement/Divine Fury OR Heart of Flame first?

Divine Judgement
"
MagmaticWolf wrote:
Good build so far for damage but I'm having a hell of a time surviving. I know its early and my gear is still trash but what are the survival mechanics of this besides the Chieftain part of it?

Our defense is come from leech + regen + armor. For early game, you really need constantly using flask because it's hard to get all armor gear. You could use 1 wand + shield set-up to get fortify to help you.
"
tako168 wrote:
If I want to use one handed weapon for now, what stats should I aim for? Spell damage and cast speed? does flat physical damage helps the damage?

Thanks

Our main focus on wand
Flat Fire > Spell Damage > Crit Multi & Chance
"
tako168 wrote:
If I want to use one handed weapon for now, what stats should I aim for? Spell damage and cast speed? does flat physical damage helps the damage?

Thanks

Our main focus on wand
Flat Fire > Spell Damage > Crit Multi & Chance
"
Helsgarde wrote:
I've been running with a basic signal fire BV chieftain in hopes that changing to a new setup won't be too time costing, but I'm still on the fence about what to change to. I tried playing around with swapping out Blade Vortex with Blade Blast and temporarily slotting in the totem setup, but overall mapping felt a lot slower.

Would it be possible for you to post a video of a general map clear?

In general, what are your thoughts on Blade Blast so far?

What kind of damage numbers are you thinking you'll be hitting with Blade Blast near end game? I know that can be hard to calc out since it depends on the overlapping hitboxes.

Are you still considering some form of auto blade generation via CWDT or something else? I'm guessing this would either be through self ignite or something else? I wonder if we would be able to put out a decent amount of lingering blades.

Explode gloves worth slotting in your opinion? Or better it get it off something else?

1. Map clear might be soon. My plan was get to red map then post one but looks like many people sill want one.

2. Blade blast is broken, single target damage is amazin.

3. Cwdt version are not that strong. My plan was to sustain blade blast cost so it can explode 50 blade. But there is a 10 blades limits build in BV so.

4. Explode gloves worth a lot in our build, really help.
Definitely interested in seeing a map clear of this.

Currently playing toxic rain and even though it's a good build the playstyle is really not a ton of fun so probably going to switch in a few hours when my gems hit 20 and I can flip them for some currency to fuel a second character.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info