[3.11] Poison Blade Vortex Assassin (Carried me to level 100 / delve 600+ / Aul / Sirus A8 viable)

"
Warmy wrote:
How would you go about leveling? Contagion/blight? or stick to BV when available?

I'll be leveling with a group including at least one Storm Brand Hiero, so I'll run along like a dumb puppy poison BVing away while they are actually killing the mobs.
"
cybertier wrote:
"
Warmy wrote:
How would you go about leveling? Contagion/blight? or stick to BV when available?

I'll be leveling with a group including at least one Storm Brand Hiero, so I'll run along like a dumb puppy poison BVing away while they are actually killing the mobs.

Alright, what would your advice be to those of us without friends? is it viable to solo level with BV?
Jup jup!
"
Warmy wrote:
"
cybertier wrote:
"
Warmy wrote:

Alright, what would your advice be to those of us without friends? is it viable to solo level with BV?

Poison BV will feel pretty terrible until about level 50 where you could snipe embalmers gloves and start playing with a pseudo 5L.

You could focus on generic chaos bonuses and level with ED+c or snatch a bunch of generic spell damage nodes and do BV elemental leveling and respec later. Using the added elemental damage crafting recipe on wands will help the latter tremendously.
I'm gonna use this as a template for Poison Bladefall + Bladeblast
IGN: HarroHarbinger
I just did a test leveling today using EK untill i got blade vortex by act 2, it's not super great but turned out alright with whirling blades. I'm lvl 40 now.

Its linked with Deadly ailments and Poison.

I feel a bit at a loss on what to do, because i'd like to play Blade vortex by the endgame, but it might be a bit of a pain getting there.

I've had contagion linked with void manipulation with me the whole time, it just felt so slow to kill things.
Jup jup!
I've done a few test runs using caustic arrow. After you get unleash you can think about switching, but in the meantime, its day and night

Start from a1 with CA - pierce - mirage archer, void manip is your 4th link, and grab every chaos and dot node on the tree first (you were already going to, mostly)

In spare sockets add withering step for some quick n dirty wither stacks, and HoA in act II.

I switched around lvl 40, after pathing to the scion duration nodes, but its probably more efficient to keep going with CA a bit more

It doesn't really need any gear to work well, but if you happen to stumble upon a +1 bow you're set
Last edited by Rathke on Mar 12, 2020, 4:28:12 PM
"
Rathke wrote:
I've done a few test runs using caustic arrow. After you get unleash you can think about switching, but in the meantime, its day and night

Start from a1 with CA - pierce - mirage archer, void manip is your 4th link, and grab every chaos and dot node on the tree first (you were already going to, mostly)

In spare sockets add withering step for some quick n dirty wither stacks, and HoA in act II.

I switched around lvl 40, after pathing to the scion duration nodes, but its probably more efficient to keep going with CA a bit more

It doesn't really need any gear to work well, but if you happen to stumble upon a +1 bow you're set

Tyvm I will try this.

What I've done so far is to go for the skill duration and life patch near the scion area, from the start. would it be more sufficient to grab more chaos nodes before going there?

Thanks in advance, I'm a somewhat new player.
Jup jup!
Would it be worth leveling as Cobra Lash until you can go full poison BV? Or is Caustic Arrow or Toxic Rain easier to level with? I feel like most of the same nodes would be used while leveling, making the transition easier once you have your ascendancy points.
Last edited by omglapizza on Mar 13, 2020, 9:45:23 AM
None of the PoB have any gem links set up in the skills tab on any of the trees. I know you explain them in the guide, but having them in the PoB while leveling would help some, too. Solid guide, looking forward to leveling and using it this league.
Not sure about unleash end game nerf but levelled using TR/CA with no issues till map. Then swapped to BV and I'm blazing through white maps for now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info