Cold ANIMATE WEAPON Summoner | League-Start & Leveling Guide

"
WoefulWolf wrote:
Hi, new player here, trying to figure out EE.

In order to apply the debuff to enemies, do YOU have to be the one to trigger the fire/lightning damage to debuff their cold resistance? So, with bladefall spam?

I heard online that minions cannot apply EE, is that true?

And how should the added lightning damage gem work into this whole thing? Ty

This, plus my post at the top of this page. I'm just confused by the way physical to elemental is explained in the guide. I get how EE works, and you're right that OUR spell (Bladefall) triggers EE by doing some fire/lightning.

I don't get the converting AW dmg part works pre-unique gloves.
Just finished story mode; slow, I know.

Cluster Jewels. What are we looking at? Rotten Claws and Renewal?
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.
"
Westwood1121 wrote:

Nah, you seem to be going for the cold conversion described in this guide. So Rotten Claws does nothing for you. Vengeful Commander is the biggest DPS boost from Cluster Jewels and Renewal is a nice defensive boost.
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Westwood1121 wrote:

Nah, you seem to be going for the cold conversion described in this guide. So Rotten Claws does nothing for you. Vengeful Commander is the biggest DPS boost from Cluster Jewels and Renewal is a nice defensive boost.

+1 thanks man
What passive skill grants am I looking at? There's a bunch of +% cold damage, but those really don't do anything for me, right?
"
Westwood1121 wrote:
What passive skill grants am I looking at? There's a bunch of +% cold damage, but those really don't do anything for me, right?

Correct - passives must says "minions have..." explicitly on them, or they just affect the player and not the minions.

"

Added Lightning is viable for the first few acts because it's available and adds a bit of damage to the weapons. It's not as efficient late game, but early, might be all we have.
mmk.

Made things easier,

that works I guess.
"
socopithy wrote:
"
WoefulWolf wrote:
Hi, new player here, trying to figure out EE.

In order to apply the debuff to enemies, do YOU have to be the one to trigger the fire/lightning damage to debuff their cold resistance? So, with bladefall spam?

I heard online that minions cannot apply EE, is that true?

This, plus my post at the top of this page. I'm just confused by the way physical to elemental is explained in the guide. I get how EE works, and you're right that OUR spell (Bladefall) triggers EE by doing some fire/lightning.

I don't get the converting AW dmg part works pre-unique gloves.

on the hatred gem: You and nearby allies gain (16-25)% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage

so pre glove its just a smaller damage boost while you level til you get the gloves. the idea isnt to spam bladefall, even after gloves - you wont need to. just hit bosses and metas etc with it.
Last edited by Snibe on Mar 19, 2020, 11:31:47 PM
Just in case it's a PoE bug related to the build... anyone else having this kind of problem with phased bosses?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMJ_psiekcE

Sometimes I have to wait some time, some others the situation gets stuck.
"
rgherrmann wrote:
Just in case it's a PoE bug related to the build... anyone else having this kind of problem with phased bosses?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMJ_psiekcE

Sometimes I have to wait some time, some others the situation gets stuck.

Yes, that's you perma-freezing the boss so it can't move stages. Happened to me too... lol.
Last edited by ThanatoZGaming on Mar 20, 2020, 12:39:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info