Cold ANIMATE WEAPON Summoner | League-Start & Leveling Guide

I think the best way to go for defensive mechanics is either:

1. stack armor. Can use Skin of the Loyal + Lioneye's Remorse, and then free up enough mana reservation to use Determination + Defiance Banner. Pretty good for phys reduction.

Also, can put Energised Armor unique jewel in far left jewel socket by templar to get lots more armor from those nodes, take Eternal Youth keystone, and the armor mastery which has increased armor improve ES recharge (which then applies to HP recharge). This guy has a video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXqy27_cqt0&ab_channel=ThatsRealNeato

2. Max block. Drop Flesh Offering and use Bone Offering instead, get a shield which also has +life gained on block.

I have not enjoyed Chaos Inoculation with this build when I've tried it, because the pathing to get there is awkward and it needs to run Discipline aura, when we're already a bit starved on mana reservation - but you can certainly give it a try.
Thanks for updating the build for 3.16, I will trying out the fire conversion build, as the post is not updated with the gems and link for fire what gems can be used in the 4 red sockets in the triad mesh gloves? and are there any changes in gems and/or links for the other equipment than switching from cold gems to fire like anger and flammability?

I also noticed that you are running a lightning conversion triad mesh in the current league, how does it do compared to fire conversion and what are your thoughts on it? Does the higher max damage of lightning combined with the increased critical damage support max it a higher DPS build compared to fire?
Last edited by xDrakeZx on Nov 21, 2021, 8:13:37 AM
"
xDrakeZx wrote:
Thanks for updating the build for 3.16, I will trying out the fire conversion build, as the post is not updated with the gems and link for fire what gems can be used in the 4 red sockets in the triad mesh gloves? and are there any changes in gems and/or links for the other equipment than switching from cold gems to fire like anger and flammability?

I also noticed that you are running a lightning conversion triad mesh in the current league, how does it do compared to fire conversion and what are your thoughts on it? Does the higher max damage of lightning combined with the increased critical damage support max it a higher DPS build compared to fire?

For the 4 red, in the fire conversion build, I'd suggest Anger-Generosity and Defiance Banner-Determination.

I'm using lightning conversion now with an Animate Guardian that wears Doryani's Prototype, Maligaro's Lens and a bunch of scourged items with negative lightning resist. I've got the guardian down to about -140 lightning res and so the negative resist on bosses gives great DPS!

I'm not including the lit version in the guide because the items aren't easily available (or at least, won't be if this idea ever gets popular). It will probably never work in a league past Scourge. Getting scourged items that have negative lightning res but boost cold and fire (to offset Maligaro's Lens) is difficult.

But, if you can get the items to do the Doryani's Prototype animate guardian, the lightning version is disgustingly strong.
Last edited by ThanatoZGaming on Nov 21, 2021, 8:36:27 AM
Still improving very slowly can someone help me with a definitive fire build, this is mine now, (don't mind the cluster jewels, still working on it)

https://poeplanner.com/b/JjO
Last edited by RaZ01 on Nov 28, 2021, 4:42:17 PM
Do you keep Convocation on Left Click and hold it down while mapping?
livejamie
I've been theorycrafting around this build for a bit, and tying it all together over on PoB, while i level my personal iteration of it. I doubt this is a league starter anymore, accounting for the amount of crafted-to-fit items. But if anyone is curious, here's the Fire conversion build, with a spaghetti stretched passive tree to boot!

Hopefully i can actually get the time to farm for it and turn it into something tangible. Base 7mil DPS Animated Weapons (aka: go, my spermatozoids)

Here's the pastebin! https://pastebin.com/3RWnHrG1

Also yes, there is a huge focus into reaching the requirements for both of the cluster jewels and stack them with as many ghastly eyes as possible LUL

To make it short, I worked my way up from scratch to Sirus A9 solo. Could never do Maven or keep up even with 7k HP and a ton of armor etc.

Now I have less HP and much lower DPS. I could possibly do Sirus A9 but I would probably have to get a little lucky with his patterns.

Can someone look at my character and gear and tell me what I could change? My flasks are that way for the armor boost and it really is my only line of defense. I used to run more auras, but well, you know. So that's why I use that shield.
"
To make it short, I worked my way up from scratch to Sirus A9 solo. Could never do Maven or keep up even with 7k HP and a ton of armor etc.

Now I have less HP and much lower DPS. I could possibly do Sirus A9 but I would probably have to get a little lucky with his patterns.

Can someone look at my character and gear and tell me what I could change? My flasks are that way for the armor boost and it really is my only line of defense. I used to run more auras, but well, you know. So that's why I use that shield.

The only thing I see you missing is an Animate Guardian. You could drop the Lifetap support off the support minions, and add that in to gain a survival and DPS boost.

Your damage links can be improved. Use:
- Awakened Added Cold
- Awakened Minion Damage
- Awakened Cold Penetration
- Increased Critical Damage
- Awakened Melee Splash / Multistrike

By using those links instead, I've doubled your boss DPS. I think that will fix your problem!

Animate Weapon is really good with flat added damage, you're not getting much of that from gems, so Added Cold gem is very efficient (this might be different if you had a bunch of really good abyssals)

Not convinced that pathing all the way down to Elemental Equilibrium is a good idea. I'd rather take extra life nodes and get a weaker sort of exposure off Elemental Army instead. That would be better defensively...

You can use an additional defensive flask - Quartz is my preference

Big thing is the gem links though. Here's a tweaked POB: https://pastebin.com/W4kanZDw
This build guiede is so nice!!!
I try this in Deliruim Everywhere, it's a bit boring leveling with deli mods, but in normal league i think is nice.
To leveling more izi I use Skeleton, Zombies and totem SRS, all with minion damage and splash.
I do some changes in tree, and still good, ty sir!
Thanks so much for making a guide like this! I'm still new so having things drawn out so clearly is really appreciated. Love animated weapons so I'm excited to try it out as my next league start.

I was just wondering if you use a wand trigger craft for the fire elemental version of the build? The minion builds that I've seen (though not many) seem to use desecrate, offering, and another skill for the trigger craft, but I noticed your PoB has those in a four-link setup with arcanist brand and assassin's mark.

Also will I need an unset ring to slot in a movement ability? I'm not sure if I'm miscounting, but there doesn't seem to be a slot for flame dash once all the skills are socketed in.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info