Cold ANIMATE WEAPON Summoner | League-Start & Leveling Guide

"

Replace flesh offering with bone offering

Get EE now! You are missing 50% MORE damage. The way EE works is, the mobs will gain resistances against the element which it was hit with but loses 50% resistances against other elements. It is the single biggest damage boost for the build.

For the large cluster jewel, get a new jewel that says 'Add 8 passive skills' and 2 jewel sockets(the rest of the notables can remain the same). Same goes for your medium cluster jewel, get 1 that adds only 4 passive skills. For the medium cluster jewels, stack 2 vengeful commander jewel. Remove your cobalt jewel and replace it with another ghastly jewel. For the jewel sockets in your medium cluster jewels, up to you whether to put ghastly, small cluster jewels or fortress covenant in

I've applied the changes. If I've read corretly, then the added Lighting and Fire Damage on a Ring counts towards spells and should trigger the EE. I'll try to get additional Ghastly Jewels as I continue, but the Large Claster Jewel was Expensive. Wow. For the Mediums I've chonsen only Vengeful Commander, because the only good option would be Precise Commander and those are beyond my range right now.

What are my next goals in improving this build and what content yields the most value? Maps, Delves, Delirium? I understand that trade is crucial, so I'm using PoE Overlay for Trade (pretty convinient). I don't know wheter this is the right thread and appreciate some guidance. After all my complete character is based on this build and it's FUN!
I had a lot of fun with the build.

I managed to hit my 40 Challenges 2 days ago.

I managed to do all content ( Sirius 8 , Uber Elder, Simulacron , Chayula ) deathless at the end.

"
Kramatikfeler wrote:

I've applied the changes. If I've read corretly, then the added Lighting and Fire Damage on a Ring counts towards spells and should trigger the EE. I'll try to get additional Ghastly Jewels as I continue, but the Large Claster Jewel was Expensive. Wow. For the Mediums I've chonsen only Vengeful Commander, because the only good option would be Precise Commander and those are beyond my range right now.

What are my next goals in improving this build and what content yields the most value? Maps, Delves, Delirium? I understand that trade is crucial, so I'm using PoE Overlay for Trade (pretty convinient). I don't know wheter this is the right thread and appreciate some guidance. After all my complete character is based on this build and it's FUN!

Yes, thats right, the hybrid added fire/lightning damage craft applies to spells. Vengeful Commander is better than Precise Commander, you can get both on the same jewel once you have enough currency but I wouldn't sweat it, double Vengeful is more than enough, so the magic jewels you have now is fine.

For helm, I will suggest a +3 with minion life. These gives your Spectre and AG much more life. Additionally, a +3 helm will net you a lvl25 Raise Spectre, with a lvl20 gem, so you don't need to corrupt or buy a lvl21 gem. A lvl25 gem gives you more 1 spectre

You may wanna take Indomitable Army for the next 3 points, it makes your minions much tankier. Since we can't see what your AG is wearing, I'm gonna suggest some equips for him to wear, if you haven't already bought them. Buy him a Kingmaker, victario's flight, a redeemer-influenced chest with the mod 'nearby enemies are blinded', a shaper-influenced helm with the mod 'nearby enemies take 6% increased elemental damage' and any random corrupted gloves with elemental weakness on hit. All these makes him a strong buffer both offensively and defensively for the whole party, on a small budget. You can upgrade his equips next time as you go along

I've really enjoyed this build and have gotten pretty far with primarily self found gear except the gloves, but now I've started to build up some currency and am looking towards buying upgraded gear. At this point, what should I prioritize buying first and are there any changes to my tree/cluster jewels I should make? Is getting a +2 wand more important or further upgrading my jewels, or something else? Also, people are talking about getting double vengeful commander. How do you do that, since I assume you aren't pathing to get a whole second chain of cluster jewels.
"
ZWOK3 wrote:
I've really enjoyed this build and have gotten pretty far with primarily self found gear except the gloves, but now I've started to build up some currency and am looking towards buying upgraded gear. At this point, what should I prioritize buying first and are there any changes to my tree/cluster jewels I should make? Is getting a +2 wand more important or further upgrading my jewels, or something else? Also, people are talking about getting double vengeful commander. How do you do that, since I assume you aren't pathing to get a whole second chain of cluster jewels.

Get a large cluster jewel with 2 added sockets. You can socket 2 medium cluster jewels with vengeful commander into them. 2 sockets can only roll on ilvl75 and above jewels.

Get a better amulet, at least a +1 for now and anoint ravenous horde.

For your wand, if you are using +1, get 1 with some minion dmg, aspd or mspd at least, to provide more dps

You can buy a lvl21/20 AW as well, prices for it have fallen alot since last week, its around 40+c now.

A lvl21 AW with +1 amulet, will bring your AW to lvl25, quite a substantial boost in dps, because you gain 1 more blade.

Once you get more currency, you can look into getting +2 wand and +2 amulet

Your ghastly jewels look fine dps-wise, other than some of them missing life rolls, but since you are using lioneye's remorse, its okay for now.
"
"
hakukun wrote:
Hi all, I finish my build, I'm pretty happy about it, but (there is always but):
Quick description of my build:
17 AW 104 sec duration, don't have a problem with bosses (i change hypothermia to assassin mark and got a chance to freeze on the ring with frostbite.
Max res even chaos res, 58% dmg reduction, and 50% chance to block
Can't be silent, hindered and immune to corrupted blood
1. I'm dying often when I'm in delirium encounter (1shots)
I'm trying switch flesh offering to bone offering now.
2. I'm not sure about my skill tree - should give up Gravepact and Potency of
Will to get Soul of Steel?

I think I'm out of the option to improve survivability. Any advice?
Big thanks for this guide it is super fun to play!!!

Get rid of that Frostbite ring, its affecting your EE. Get a new ring without the 'add cold damage' mod

Use bone offering instead of flesh offering

You are wasting 4 points getting the jewel socket for Fortress Covenant. Take out your Antivenom small cluster jewel, socket Fortress Covenant there and respec those 4 points. Your minion medium jewel with dread march/feasting fiends, replace it with another vengeful commander medium jewel

Respec potency of will and spiritual command as well, with these 10 new skill points, take barbarism and the jewel socket below. Take the jewel socket above lord of the dead as well

You will have to replace all your ghastly jewels. Immune to silence and hinder is not a deal breaker for us. For ghastly jewels, added physical damage is priority with life, secondary useful mods will be %increased minion damage, minion attack spd and added cold damage. Just make sure 2 of the jewels have a taunt on hit and blind on hit. Try to cap your resists using your gears, so that you don't need them on jewels

Thanks for tips SoundOfSilence! I made some changes (i didn't know that there is no radius in cluster jewels ... wow) Bone offering looking good 75% block chance capped. Now I've got 6k hp! I had an idea and now I've got vall molten shell in ring (+6,5k absorption!) with steel skin 1,3k I have 14k hp!. Now I must change all jewels but it will be a long process. Still, I don't understand why ring with cold dmg (not spell dmg) is braking my EE (I'm using only bladfall to attack), I thought its attack dmg and it is super good for my AW ... this mechanic is beyond my understanding :(
Last edited by hakukun on Apr 16, 2020, 6:16:43 PM
"
Schattenpanda wrote:

I managed to do all content ( Sirius 8 , Uber Elder, Simulacron , Chayula ) deathless at the end.

Hii
Gtz with the achivements..just wandering how did u manage to do all that content deathless...i've done shaper, elder simulacrum and up to sirus 7, but sirus 8 won't come down, getting oneshotted by almost everything...tried 4 times with no success...

But the character seems good enough no?? I'm just bad??

Thanks
"
IShaka95 wrote:
"
Schattenpanda wrote:

Hii
Gtz with the achivements..just wandering how did u manage to do all that content deathless...i've done shaper, elder simulacrum and up to sirus 7, but sirus 8 won't come down, getting oneshotted by almost everything...tried 4 times with no success...

But the character seems good enough no?? I'm just bad??

Thanks

Check out endgame options in the guide.
Invest into chaos res, spell block, "immune to corrupted blood". Timeless jewel with devouring diadem. Learn Sirus moves from youtube.
I failed my 2 first Sirus 8, but kept learning and improving.
Now i died 1 time last 4 Sirus fights and i have like 5 fps during that fight( old laptop ftw).
"
hakukun wrote:

Still, I don't understand why ring with cold dmg (not spell dmg) is braking my EE (I'm using only bladfall to attack), I thought its attack dmg and it is super good for my AW ... this mechanic is beyond my understanding :(

Looking at your character, your rings are fine now and shouldn't cause any problems. I didn't see your previous ring which was referred to, but to clarify, bladefall is actually a spell, not an attack. I don't know what specific mod was on the ring, but if it was one which gave flat cold dmg without specifying attacks or spells, then it actually would apply to both spells and attacks, making your bladefall spell do cold damage and thus increase the monsters' cold resistance.

Speaking of EE, you have edict of frost as the enchant on your gloves which would cause cold damage if you ever triggered it and mess up your EE. That being said, it's a trigger on kill and you'll probably have effectively no kills yourself, so it probably isn't a problem.
Last edited by ZWOK3 on Apr 17, 2020, 10:09:19 AM
Can you give me any tip so i can run hatred, summon skitters and avian ? i have 11 mana with everything on

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info