Dominating Blow, well.. blows. Lets make it better.

"
raysuko wrote:

Your talking about map clear, anyone can do that with anything; even with heavy strike.

Talking about functionality, not map clear speed. boo boo ;)

The pot and the kettle .....
You are talking about map clear, Dominating blow literally has a mod to sustain 9 base sentinel on unique monsters so there is no problem there, you want to be able to generate sentinels while clearing the map more easily.

"
raysuko wrote:

Also lets not forget if your soldiers hit the worms, no soldiers are summoned.

Did you notice that I was talking about generating the first sentinels ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
baboooooook wrote:
"
raysuko wrote:
The reason is, because the Normal, Magical and Rare soldiers do not spawn, unless YOU kill those enemies yourself. Meaning, if your Normal soldiers kills any of them, you are not credited and cannot summon those soldiers, and no soldiers with the modifiers. Systematically, only the "kill" of Dominating Blow can summon soldiers be it normal, magical or rare; not the soldiers themselves. This makes getting normal, magical and rare soldiers almost impossible if they are to strong, and you cant get your hits in fast enough.

Yeah thats not true at all... enemies getting a debuff when u hit them with domblow and the minions will spawn when the enemy dies while the debuff on him is active. It doesnt matter who makes the killing blow... maybe learn how the skill works first.

You by no means have to kill the enemy yourself

*Says no one ever in any sirus showcase, as leafs blow in the wind near an empty Writhing Jar; cracked and old of age and time*
Last edited by raysuko on Feb 25, 2020, 7:38:46 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
raysuko wrote:

Your talking about map clear, anyone can do that with anything; even with heavy strike.

Talking about functionality, not map clear speed. boo boo ;)

The pot and the kettle .....
You are talking about map clear, Dominating blow literally has a mod to sustain 9 base sentinel on unique monsters so there is no problem there, you want to be able to generate sentinels while clearing the map more easily.

"
raysuko wrote:

Also lets not forget if your soldiers hit the worms, no soldiers are summoned.

Did you notice that I was talking about generating the first sentinels ?

You'd rather purposely lose on 4.4k+ base physical?
Get out of here. Go. Scoot. Scat! Out, I say! >8(
Last edited by raysuko on Feb 25, 2020, 7:38:21 AM
"
raysuko wrote:
"
baboooooook wrote:
"
raysuko wrote:
The reason is, because the Normal, Magical and Rare soldiers do not spawn, unless YOU kill those enemies yourself. Meaning, if your Normal soldiers kills any of them, you are not credited and cannot summon those soldiers, and no soldiers with the modifiers. Systematically, only the "kill" of Dominating Blow can summon soldiers be it normal, magical or rare; not the soldiers themselves. This makes getting normal, magical and rare soldiers almost impossible if they are to strong, and you cant get your hits in fast enough.

Yeah thats not true at all... enemies getting a debuff when u hit them with domblow and the minions will spawn when the enemy dies while the debuff on him is active. It doesnt matter who makes the killing blow... maybe learn how the skill works first.

You by no means have to kill the enemy yourself

*Says no one ever in any sirus showcase, as leaves blow in the wind near an empty Writhing Jar; cracked and old of age and time*

This has nothing to do with what you wrote in your post? Ofc u have no other Minions in a sirus fight lol.
You said you have to kill magic or rare mobs yourself to get sentinels out of them and that is just not true
"
raysuko wrote:
You'd rather purposely lose on 4.4k+ base physical?
Get out of here. Go. Scoot. Scat! Out, I say! >8(

Hmmmm you completely missed the point there I'm afraid.

oh well
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
baboooooook wrote:

This has nothing to do with what you wrote in your post? Ofc u have no other Minions in a sirus fight lol.
You said you have to kill magic or rare mobs yourself to get sentinels out of them and that is just not true

And yet, many would disagree. Debuff only last 1 second, 1.5 if your lucky. Again, you have to play tag by getting the debuff on an enemy in the first place. No debuff, no minion. And since the soldiers are very high in base at Lvl.29 ; You wont get any debuffs on boyo, when your soldiers rip and tear things before you have a chance. :)
Last edited by raysuko on Feb 25, 2020, 7:51:13 AM
I loved the skill back in the days, now it s poopoo. Not sure why they listened to some posters that are not even there anymore and changed it to this version. HAving 70+ dominated minions was way more fun.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Feb 25, 2020, 8:19:58 AM

I have this thing and I kinda want to use it in some build but the more I read about it the more I think I found a GCP

EDIT: I was toying around in PoB and came up with this: https://pastebin.com/ArphHqYv

Might be a viable setup for DomBlow. With 9x Normal Sentinel it's about 2.5 million Shaper DPS. Herald of Purity adds about 800k. That's all without Crusade Slams and of course with Vaal Haste enabled, but I think it'd hold up quite well. Opinions?
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Feb 25, 2020, 8:55:33 AM
"
raysuko wrote:
As of "Combat Update v2", most melee skills now have a wind up before hitting an enemy. Probably one of the stupidest ideas GGG has ever done, we can all agree on. Dominating Blow has succumbed to this disgusting change, and is now even slower then before. An easy fix to this issue, is to make it just like Frost Blades; where it hits immediately & with no wind up. An easy fix, but one that GGG will surely neglect. Which leads to the question...

Honestly, I'm not very interested in Dominating Blow, but there is true that the wind up before hitting an enemy is ruining all strike skills now.

Does GGG really think that this change was good? I hope the attack animation goes back to before 3.7.
why Dom Blow blows? because it is melee. simple as that.

GGG doesnt care about 2% of playerbase when there is the remaining 98% to make money from at the expense of melee. they DO NOT CARE about minor demographics, simple as that

they just released melee/strike skill unique that LITERALLY doesnt work. they havent even test it!

(warrior's legacy - go wiki it, i dont know how to link items from unique stash tab)

as for dom blow, people here (in this very thread) are very 'good' at theorycrafting but most of them havent tested that skill at all and they just 'imagine' things

Dom Blow blows because

a) it is strike melee aka does not work without 2ex+ gloves or 2ex anoint (that wastes you another anoint so the opportunity cost is even greater) OR ancestral call (pure garbage given the dps loss) because GGG's idea of fixing the targeting mechanic is 'make it faster, people wont notice' (while having the necessary auto-aim mechanic in the code and not using it.. bright!)
b) because its single target sucks due to insane windup that most current bosses wont allow and other, better builds dont need.

you 'can' make it work, many people did and make a fun Herald of P + Relic + DomBlow warrior summoner 'archmehtype' to have some fun in low maps. but endgame, you are barred from it because 'good luck' taking on sirus without overfu..ing investing into obscene gear. oh and better get used to gem swapping - a sign your build sucks

your ideas are good but dom blow was a sub-par skill since inception and each rework made it only slightly less fundamentally flawed. in fact i liked previous version the most - 50 mobs following me around was at least fun. current version is.. why bother when Necro + Cyclone + CwC + Offering + any minion is just.. better in every way imaginable?

forget about any skill that has 'strike' in the tag list. any and all of these are mechanically inferior and the numbers people talk about are all lies: strike skill + extra +2 strikes from gloves and anoint in most cases equal to TWO hits. third (the initial one) almost ALWAYS misses. go check that out with corrupting blood. even with extra strikes you are robbed out of 33% of your damage.

strike skills suck

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info