[3.9] Magma Orb CwC | Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire!

Vroom vroom spin spin, fiyah?

+ Very Fast Clear speed
+ Speedy Boy
+ non-meta (21/23 gem was like 50c)
+ Anime AF
- Not the best boss dps
- Doesn't come online until ~70ish
- Can get quite expensive
- Cannot do Elemental reflect
- Not a League Starter

Video
-------------
T16 Plateau

Path of Building
-------------
https://pastebin.com/48BkNziP

Required Item
-------------
Spoiler

Gear
-------------
Spoiler

Unqiues

Kaom's just makes you much tankier, I tried to craft my own chest which outputs more damage but missed a high life roll.
The best circle of anguish rings you can get are +fire while affected by ash and increased buff affect, but those are rather pricey so one of those with some nice implicits if fine for starting off.
Gloomfang in synergy with Deadeye ascendancies just outputs crazy damage.

Bought an iLvl 84 helm with Magma orb chains an additional 2 times, then a pristine+scorched fossil craft, hit this helm with +life in like 9 or so.

Try and get your life and resists here with high movespeed of course!

An alternate gloves would be Hands of the High Templar with +spell crit and ele weakness on hit.

Atziri's for that insane damage output.
Cinderswallow helps so much with keeping your mana up and tankiness with life/es regen.

Big boost with +crit multi and movespeed watchers eye.
Look for max life, %max life, %fire damage, +damage to spells, movement speed, Crit multi

Gems
-------------
Spoiler

Weapon
Cyclone - Cast While Channelling - Magma Orb - Slower Projectiles - Fire Penetration - Elemental Focus

Wave of Conviction - Curse on Hit - Elemental Weakness - Faster Casting

Enlighten - Zealotry - Herald of Ash - Vaal Grace
Until you get the reduced mana reservered wheel, you wont be able to reserve all 4, don reserve grace and just use the vaal version when needed for survivability.

Vaal Righteous Fire - Increased Duration
Blood Rage
Flame Dash

Precision
Really nice with +multi watchers eye gem, can swap out faster casting or inc duration on vRf to fit in.

Levelling / Ascendencies
-------------
Spoiler

I Levelled from 12-68 with Blade Vortex triple herald, probably not the best but we got there. Praxis ring really helped with casting the spell with the mana reserved.

Bandits - Help alira
then eventually swap for eramir's book for 2 skill points, cinderswallow should be enough mana regen.

Ascendencies - Gathering wind -> Far shot -> Ricochet -> Endless munitions

Last edited by Malliott on Feb 22, 2020, 6:50:06 AM
Last bumped on Jun 25, 2020, 8:06:08 AM
Looks really fun hahahha
Praise the meme orb build
the new notable: Follow-Through
Projectiles deal 15% increased Damage for each remaining Chain looks pretty juicy :o instantly searched for cwc magma orb builds after seeing that

what do you think? could the build spare some points to get that node?
"
topperzz wrote:
what do you think? could the build spare some points to get that node?

That does look like such a juicy notable, I haven't done much with looking into it, but initial thoughts are.

We have an outer jewel above acrobatics, and above the serpent stance wheel.

Could drop a few points here and there to give that a test.
Explosive impact / Revenge of the hunted / Some health nodes.

Could definitely be worth it with the right rolls on those cluster jewels to pump out some nice damage and stay tanky enough to not get one shot :D
Hi, any update for this build in Delirium?
"
raptorsm wrote:
Hi, any update for this build in Delirium?

Nope! Didn't spend too long playing this league, I see you had fun with it though :D
any tips on adjustments this needs for Harvest? Seriously considering rolling one
After reading patch notes looks like Magma Orb Deadeye might be a sleeper OP build... not sure if CwC is the right answer, but definitely some synergies hiding in here.
Initial thoughts

Magma Orb buffs WOWZERS, the close/boss damage with +1 additional chain early will really help.
Cyclone will be interesting to see how much we get stunned now to how annoying this could potentially be
Infernal Cry seems almost too good to pass up
Circle of Anguish nerf understandable but still really nice
Gloomfang flat +damage and now speed really interesting will love to see how this looks
Inevitablity Unsure on how this will pan out but could end up with big damage with the ranger ascendancy and gloomfang, also only getting 1 means more cluster hehe

I didn't play much delirium so these changed along with cluster jewels could be very fun!
And I cant wait to get around to playing this during harvest :D
Last edited by Malliott on Jun 17, 2020, 11:26:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info