Q&A with the GGG Founders

Cool. I sat in this one!
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Loved the interview, and Mark2 is my favorite member of GGG right now (after Bex sorry Mark :P)
Last edited by N3K0Cloud on Feb 19, 2020, 6:54:07 PM
"
D3izhistory wrote:
odds are they are going to do what blizzard does and pre-screen the questions so they aren't made to look like fools

I'd like to take a moment to justify this decision and illustrate why it's a good idea to screen questions regardless of whether or not Blizzard had done the same previously:

- it prevents wasting limited time on poorly phrased questions (for instance as a result of microphone nerves or unpreparedness) or trying to figure out what's the question that's being asked is,
- it provides the speaker/interviewer--in this case Nick--with an opportunity to filter out questions they can't provide answers to, questions that are irrelevant or too broad for the topic at hand,
- and depending on the method used to collect questions, it allows the interviewer to see which questions are asked more frequently than others, and pitch those to the speakers as that satisfies more people in the audience.

As you mentioned it does prevent embarrassing moments and unpredictable comments or jokes, but that's not necessarily the sole reason to use this method.
"
greySynapse wrote:
"
D3izhistory wrote:
odds are they are going to do what blizzard does and pre-screen the questions so they aren't made to look like fools

I'd like to take a moment to justify this decision and illustrate why it's a good idea to screen questions regardless of whether or not Blizzard had done the same previously:

- it prevents wasting limited time on poorly phrased questions (for instance as a result of microphone nerves or unpreparedness) or trying to figure out what's the question that's being asked is,
- it provides the speaker/interviewer--in this case Nick--with an opportunity to filter out questions they can't provide answers to, questions that are irrelevant or too broad for the topic at hand,
- and depending on the method used to collect questions, it allows the interviewer to see which questions are asked more frequently than others, and pitch those to the speakers as that satisfies more people in the audience.

As you mentioned it does prevent embarrassing moments and unpredictable comments or jokes, but that's not necessarily the sole reason to use this method.

If you have been living under a rock i could understand how naive your take on this would be.... this stunt is for PR and nothing more
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
COME ON!!! No one said PRAISE when Chris referred to Toucan!?

I can just imagine Chris replying "Somebody mute him please".
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone
Great post, was very interesting to watch. Still playing to this day.
Nice & funny to watch :)
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
nice ur as always done good job and ty for communications with community!

Natalia Bex and devs pls adress this issue to relevant team about current lab reward system for uniq jewels - its rly bad and unfair!
pls consider to change uniq lab jewels from current lab reward to somethin fair! anything else! Just add to normal drop or drop from box or from izaro or anything else BUT not current 1 reward to top 1 who always same winner all time!
make better way for reward or aquire unique emperors jewels pls! ur current lab reward system rly so bad and unfair! its a must to make new lab reward system!

GGG PLS!

[the this][/spoiler]
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
nice ur as always done good job and ty for communications with community!

Natalia Bex and devs pls adress this issue to relevant team about current lab reward system for uniq jewels - its rly bad and unfair!
pls consider to change uniq lab jewels from current lab reward to somethin fair! anything else! Just add to normal drop or drop from box or from izaro or anything else BUT not current 1 reward to top 1 who always same winner all time!
make better way for reward or aquire unique emperors jewels pls! ur current lab reward system rly so bad and unfair! its a must to make new lab reward system!

GGG PLS!

ye
this is Forum signature
<3 this

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info