💀3.15💀 iLL3aT’s Cold Skeleton Warriors/Archers/Mages ❆ League Starter ❆ All Content ❆

AG is not something I'd really like to invest in, especially early in league when I'm trying to gear myself. Do you see this as a deal breaker for playing this build?

Thanks for the guide. This might be my 3.10 go to so I'm interested to see what buffs/nerfs are coming that will affect this build.
The Lab, making a great game good since 2016.
@Virtuella - Yeah, levels are a huge part of it. I generally recommend getting life and resistances to a good level since skellies scale so well, before dropping survivability for more damage like in my case, as you get more gear.

@Tequ1la - it's a great time. In the state that PoE is in, I feel minions are the way to go!

@Bowman8763 - AG is more of a luxury and you can most certainly play without one. I did not have one until I had a few ex in the bank. The end goal is the kingmaker AG though, it adds another layer of defence and a pile of damage.

Yeah I'm super interested in how they deal with necro. I don't think we'll find out until the Wednesday before though, I'll pin something up top with my thoughts then.
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
"
iLL3aT wrote:

Yeah I'm super interested in how they deal with necro. I don't think we'll find out until the Wednesday before though, I'll pin something up top with my thoughts then.

I know I've asked before and I don't mean to spam the thread, but is there any chance you could add a few notes, tips and tricks to the lvling part of the guide before 3.10? I've played on/off for a couple of years, so I know the general gist of things, but I haven't actually played with skellies before so having a few points to follow from experienced players really helps.
@Loje - levelling trees were supposed to be part of Sunday’s update, but I haven’t had time lately (work). I’ll try to throw something together after work today. Poke again if I forget.
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
Started as a Iceshot Deadeye this league and a friend as phys Skellies build.

This guide finally convinced me to try Ice Necro and I must say its a blast even though I'm only lvl 51 at the moment.
Super excited for mapping.

Would be nice if you added leveling trees but I think the damage of the skeletons after lvl 30 is so good that it doesn't really matter which nodes you pick first. I went with more defensive nodes and added minion damage later and it was really good.

If they don't nerf any of the aspects into the ground in the next league this will be my starter 100%.
Last edited by K4P0T on Mar 5, 2020, 11:08:00 AM
@Loje - levelling trees added to the levelling section. In general, try to get a four link as soon as possible. If this is your first character, you can level with physical skeletons until you can afford a four green triad grips. Otherwise just stack as much life and resistances as possible, since past about level 30 or so, the skeletons scale very well and will do the damage as long as you take care of the defenses.

Minor update today:
-Added 3.10 commentary section.
-Added levelling trees
-Added Skitterbots and bonechill support into gems, with appropriate credits in the credits section.

Hopefully another update will come on Sunday, and then the 3.10 update on Thursday or Friday morning before Delirium's launch (patch notes Wednesday).
Thanks a lot for the updates. I'm very excited to league start with this build :-)
Hope necro won't get hit too hard.
"
iLL3aT wrote:
@Loje - levelling trees added to the levelling section. In general, try to get a four link as soon as possible. If this is your first character, you can level with physical skeletons until you can afford a four green triad grips. Otherwise just stack as much life and resistances as possible, since past about level 30 or so, the skeletons scale very well and will do the damage as long as you take care of the defenses.

Minor update today:
-Added 3.10 commentary section.
-Added levelling trees
-Added Skitterbots and bonechill support into gems, with appropriate credits in the credits section.

Hopefully another update will come on Sunday, and then the 3.10 update on Thursday or Friday morning before Delirium's launch (patch notes Wednesday).

Thank you so much! I'm super excited to try this build as my starter in a weeks time :D
After 2 STR zombies league, it is time for me to try a different thing. I read a lot of guides and I think that skeletons are my next build.

Can't wait to see the patch notes.... for sure BARON will be nerfed.

For Level 2 Gear (budget), would you be able to take down a Sirius Awakener 8?
Whats the dps roughly on this build at that stage of gearing?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info