💀3.14💀 iLL3aT’s Cold Skeleton Warriors/Archers/Mages ❆ League Starter ❆ All Content ❆ Feared Down!

Frostbite for trigger wand is a great idea. We opened up to gem sockets with losing spirit/bone offering so this + VMS may be the solution. I tried frost bomb in the trigger wand but that was awful lol. Frostbite has a nice aoe so it should be fine.

+2 wand crafting has not changed from what I can tell.
3.13 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
You can put desacrate+spell cascade and offering in wand and manually cast forstbite to trigger it
"
Vulgarny wrote:
You can put desacrate+spell cascade and offering in wand and manually cast forstbite to trigger it


Yeah I used to run that setup (think it’s still set up on my 3.8 phys necro) to get a full offering each time instead of a partial.

This time I think I’m going to try with a filler skill in between and try out plaguebringer
3.13 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
Plaguebearer seems kinda OP with 10% less dmg and 10% more dmg
Here is the final PoB for my Character in 3.9:
https://pastebin.com/j63vBAcQ

10,433,080 DPS x 15 skeletons = 156.5 million DPS.

Note that the increased lightning damage take is from skitterbots + bonechill (thanks keyen and dj)
Summon Skitterbots (lvl 21) with lvl 21 bonechill
Skitterbots: 15% x 1.27 = 19%
Bonechill: 10% x (1+0.27+0.45) = 17%
Total to add to cold dmg: 36%

I simulated the 3.10 nerfs to offence into PoB - you can see those on the Rumi's Concoction flask which I have active. Nerfed Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/LY1GnkGM

Minions deal -40% increased damage
-1 to maximum number of Skeletons

if you want to plug it into your own PoB. There are more nerfs, namely spirit offering's energy shield, and bone barrier's elemental resistances (offset by spirit offering's increased elemental resistances).

6,264,974 DPS x 13 skeletons = 81.5 million DPS.

Overall, looks to be a 48% overall nerf for me, pretty close to the 50% that I had in mind. Still - if the nerfed DPS is 81.5 million...I think we're fine. It will take a while longer to get going levelling and in maps, but that is fine. The new jewels show a LOT of potential - after the initial pathing, there are barely any wasted points for attributes - even the minor nodes should be better than the standard minor node judging by the ones we've seen.
3.13 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
Last edited by iLL3aT on Mar 11, 2020, 11:12:50 PM
"
iLL3aT wrote:
Here is the final PoB for my Character in 3.9:
https://pastebin.com/j63vBAcQ

10,433,080 DPS x 15 skeletons = 156.5 million DPS.

Note that the increased lightning damage take is from skitterbots + bonechill (thanks keyen and dj)
Summon Skitterbots (lvl 21) with lvl 21 bonechill
Skitterbots: 15% x 1.27 = 19%
Bonechill: 10% x (1+0.27+0.45) = 17%
Total to add to cold dmg: 36%

I simulated the 3.10 nerfs to offence into PoB - you can see those on the Rumi's Concoction flask which I have active. Nerfed Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/LY1GnkGM

Minions deal -40% increased damage
-1 to maximum number of Skeletons

if you want to plug it into your own PoB. There are more nerfs, namely spirit offering's energy shield, and bone barrier's elemental resistances (offset by spirit offering's increased elemental resistances).

6,264,974 DPS x 13 skeletons = 81.5 million DPS.

Overall, looks to be a 48% overall nerf for me, pretty close to the 50% that I had in mind. Still - if the nerfed DPS is 81.5 million...I think we're fine. It will take a while longer to get going levelling and in maps, but that is fine. The new jewels show a LOT of potential - after the initial pathing, there are barely any wasted points for attributes - even the minor nodes should be better than the standard minor node judging by the ones we've seen.


I used your nerfed tree to create the soul of steel variant someone was asking for earlier, not a big damage difference but much more armor. Feel free to add it if you want, this one can also use another -9% cold res helmet on the AG which I didn't include in the calculations since it doesn't take grave intentions.

https://pastebin.com/uH3kppaE ~6.15*13

Block variant 56/47 block/spell block without rumis, 75/57 with
https://pastebin.com/6qSfYvcj ~4.08*12

Last edited by sKillmaTic on Mar 12, 2020, 12:35:17 AM
"
sKillmaTic wrote:

I used your nerfed tree to create the soul of steel variant someone was asking for earlier, not a big damage difference but much more armor. Feel free to add it if you want, this one can also use another -9% cold res helmet on the AG which I didn't include in the calculations since it doesn't take grave intentions.

https://pastebin.com/uH3kppaE ~6.15*13

Block variant 56/47 block/spell block without rumis, 75/57 with
https://pastebin.com/6qSfYvcj ~4.08*12



I really like that first tree - a lot more resistances means that we can skip out during gearing to focus more on life, and I've more or less decided VMS is the way to go, so the extra armor is very nice. I might league start with your tree instead of mine. :)

Endgame though, I think everyone who can afford it is going to try out the new jewels. I suspect one with maybe two cluster jewels will end up being the best tree at the end of the day.

Been toying with no grave intentions and either the Aul helmet or a -9 one (since it's going to be hard to get one with good nodes on it for your head). I didn't lose a carrion golem which has less health than the AG, even with level 88 spectres dying left and right.
3.13 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
"
iLL3aT wrote:
"
sKillmaTic wrote:

I used your nerfed tree to create the soul of steel variant someone was asking for earlier, not a big damage difference but much more armor. Feel free to add it if you want, this one can also use another -9% cold res helmet on the AG which I didn't include in the calculations since it doesn't take grave intentions.

https://pastebin.com/uH3kppaE ~6.15*13

Block variant 56/47 block/spell block without rumis, 75/57 with
https://pastebin.com/6qSfYvcj ~4.08*12



I really like that first tree - a lot more resistances means that we can skip out during gearing to focus more on life, and I've more or less decided VMS is the way to go, so the extra armor is very nice. I might league start with your tree instead of mine. :)

Endgame though, I think everyone who can afford it is going to try out the new jewels. I suspect one with maybe two cluster jewels will end up being the best tree at the end of the day.

Been toying with no grave intentions and either the Aul helmet or a -9 one (since it's going to be hard to get one with good nodes on it for your head). I didn't lose a carrion golem which has less health than the AG, even with level 88 spectres dying left and right.


The ability to VMS is great and you can also drop the glorious vanity if needed in marauder area for a cluster jewel.

Also, the reason for the shield version is the ability to shield charge which made clearing maps so much faster due to dps not being an issue.
Last edited by sKillmaTic on Mar 12, 2020, 1:15:58 AM
"
sKillmaTic wrote:


The ability to VMS is great and you can also drop the glorious vanity if needed in marauder area for a cluster jewel.

Also, the reason for the shield version is the ability to shield charge which made clearing maps so much faster due to dps not being an issue.


I feel like the ability to play with the cluster jewel socket there makes the build really valuable for a league start.

Ill3at, looking forward to seeing you update the main post before launch (hopefully!) with all the new info/insights you've gathered the past couple days. Thanks for all the effort.

Playing with PoB made me quite shocked how little t1 flat phys gives for skeletons comparing to 10% minion dmg. I guess after 40% nerf to base dmg flat phys will be twice as valuable.
Last edited by Vulgarny on Mar 12, 2020, 5:22:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info