[3.9] Blade Vortex Max Block Poison Assassin - Very tanky running simulator

good one, u just did read my thoughts about block BV build.

i was playing kami coc nova which uses capped block chance as well, and it felt good most of the time, i was rarely getting killed there because of some crazy metamorphs or burning since i didnt had any source to cleanse it.

for next league im planning to run ur build as u combined best parts of kami and grubbs builds.

wanna ask about more endgame setup, like.. getting HH, self cursing with temp chains and solstice amulet with kaom boots. can such setup work with that build, or it will be too much uniques and resist will be uncapped?

also requesting a gear and gem links at lvl 90, since i see right now only leveling gear and gem progression, im sorry im not at home so i cant run PoB to check everything there.

do u have a vid of sirus kill?
Last edited by tffiad on Feb 28, 2020, 4:00:33 AM
"
tffiad wrote:
good one, u just did read my thoughts about block BV build.

i was playing kami coc nova which uses capped block chance as well, and it felt good most of the time, i was rarely getting killed there because of some crazy metamorphs or burning since i didnt had any source to cleanse it.

for next league im planning to run ur build as u combined best parts of kami and grubbs builds.

wanna ask about more endgame setup, like.. getting HH, self cursing with temp chains and solstice amulet with kaom boots. can such setup work with that build, or it will be too much uniques and resist will be uncapped?

also requesting a gear and gem links at lvl 90, since i see right now only leveling gear and gem progression, im sorry im not at home so i cant run PoB to check everything there.

do u have a vid of sirus kill?

You can definitely fit a HH in, you'll just need to maximize the value you get from other gear slots. Fitting in self-curse where you aren't getting resists from gloves, boots, or amulet will be pretty tough, though.

The other thing is that HH doesn't benefit poison builds as much as it does some others, and there are other concerns. BV is a physical spell which is great for the added as extra mods HH gives you, but if you are using Cold Iron Point you can't deal non-physical damage so you won't be getting any benefit from them.

Also, running EB+MoM mitigates a lot of the survivability HH gives you. You'll get huge ES from HH but with EB+MoM you only benefit from 43% of your max life in terms of your effective health.

That said HH is still a big boost in clearspeed, and with everything else the build offers you are mostly good damage and survivability-wise. If you want to self-curse, though, there's better setups. I'm likely going to start as poison BV in Delirium and while farming a HH and might swap after that. We'll see.

Last edited by oPlaiD on Mar 1, 2020, 5:02:02 PM
What do you think about adding apep's supremacy and a self-poison setup to the build? Is it viable? Do we lose too much from not having a life on block shield?
I find this build guide excellent, probably going to start with this build Delirium league. Hope i'll go well!
Leveling first few levels with explosive trap feels much better.
I've tried BV with lesser poison and void man since level 12 and it's absolutely terrible. Cobra lash also isn't great, explosive trap feels much better.
Wouldn't going ele spells (OOS, fire trap -> triple herald BV) and respec to poison around second lab be better?
"
caladriel wrote:
I've tried BV with lesser poison and void man since level 12 and it's absolutely terrible. Cobra lash also isn't great, explosive trap feels much better.
Wouldn't going ele spells (OOS, fire trap -> triple herald BV) and respec to poison around second lab be better?

Should honestly level with contagion/Ed and bane imo, I’ve been doing that and it’s incredibly quick and smooth. You take similar nodes for damage over time so you won’t have to worry about respeccing
"
Cøpe wrote:
Should honestly level with contagion/Ed and bane imo, I’ve been doing that and it’s incredibly quick and smooth. You take similar nodes for damage over time so you won’t have to worry about respeccing

What would you level first 12 levels with? Also when would you switch to BV?
Last edited by caladriel on Mar 6, 2020, 5:07:03 PM
It appears this build plays pretty well with lag based on your videos? I play with constant lag and always play tanky builds. I've never played a shadow or BV so I've been scouring the forums looking for something interesting that fits my tanky needs.

Also, does it have good min-max potential? I typically push 1 build for a season for 50-100ex before all is said and done.
Last edited by NSUCK on Mar 6, 2020, 6:38:31 PM
Hey,

this looks like a nice way to do poison BV. The idea of playing a squishy character that had to run right up to enemies and then wait for them to die sounded dodgy, which this build addresses.

Do you think you'll make any use of bladeblast in this build in 3.10?

And have you seen the new jewel mod with life on block? Looks very nice for this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info