[3.9] Blade Vortex Max Block Poison Assassin - Very tanky running simulator

"
clozzer wrote:
POB says awakened added chaos damage for vile toxins is 20% DPS increase. It's my first poison build so not sure if that's true or not.

Anyway, great guide and it's really fun to play. Charge in and everything explodes. :D


Its not really true because PoB is showing wrong numbers for awakened gems with +lvls, you can easily see it after you actually swap to gem (you will lose DPS compared to having vile toxins).

Glad you like the guide :)
My builds:
[3.10] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - /view-thread/2551841
[3.10] Power Siphon/Kinetic Blast Poison Assassin - /view-thread/2687562
[3.10] Elemental Hit Wandslinger Assassin - /view-thread/2784902
"
clozzer wrote:
POB says awakened added chaos damage for vile toxins is 20% DPS increase. It's my first poison build so not sure if that's true or not.

Anyway, great guide and it's really fun to play. Charge in and everything explodes. :D


Oh btw, looking at your current gem setup, you should pickup corallito asap as atm your poison chance is not 100% (corallito or Poison in main links is required for 100% poison chance)
My builds:
[3.10] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - /view-thread/2551841
[3.10] Power Siphon/Kinetic Blast Poison Assassin - /view-thread/2687562
[3.10] Elemental Hit Wandslinger Assassin - /view-thread/2784902
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

Oh btw, looking at your current gem setup, you should pickup corallito asap as atm your poison chance is not 100% (corallito or Poison in main links is required for 100% poison chance)


Ye, I'm using that flask now. Are enfeeble/despair gloves just as good? Temp chains on hit are expensive. :D
"
clozzer wrote:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

Oh btw, looking at your current gem setup, you should pickup corallito asap as atm your poison chance is not 100% (corallito or Poison in main links is required for 100% poison chance)


Ye, I'm using that flask now. Are enfeeble/despair gloves just as good? Temp chains on hit are expensive. :D


Yeah they are good enough. Despair is the important one to have on hit, temp chains is just some extra defense, qol and a bit of damage, and enfeeble is bunch of defense.
My builds:
[3.10] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - /view-thread/2551841
[3.10] Power Siphon/Kinetic Blast Poison Assassin - /view-thread/2687562
[3.10] Elemental Hit Wandslinger Assassin - /view-thread/2784902
Looks like I am trying another one of your builds :)

Level 41 currently and feeling a bit squishy since I have virtually no flat life on my items lol. It's not letting me be lazy. I also went with The Princess since you can go with them as soon as you pick up BV rather than waiting till 33 for the Dark Seer. The occasional shatter is also cool. I'm using one of each now since no one wanted to sell me a second Dark Seer.

In your gem progression, you might want to mention that Flesh and Stone will need to come from A Fixture of Fate/Siosa since shadow doesn't get it and I am not sure all new players would know that. Since you have a useful leveling guide and great PoB leveling trees that might help someone.
"
redmalloc wrote:
Looks like I am trying another one of your builds :)

Level 41 currently and feeling a bit squishy since I have virtually no flat life on my items lol. It's not letting me be lazy. I also went with The Princess since you can go with them as soon as you pick up BV rather than waiting till 33 for the Dark Seer. The occasional shatter is also cool. I'm using one of each now since no one wanted to sell me a second Dark Seer.

In your gem progression, you might want to mention that Flesh and Stone will need to come from A Fixture of Fate/Siosa since shadow doesn't get it and I am not sure all new players would know that. Since you have a useful leveling guide and great PoB leveling trees that might help someone.


Yeah I usually do not even bother with survivability while leveling, but being basically in melee range I can see that being an issue :d

Oh hmm, I keep forgetting about accessibility of some gems, I will remember to add mention of that later, thanks.


Also, added new gameplay vid:

Shaper Lvl 92

I am trying GeForce NOW atm and its pretty solid, so hopefully I will be recording vids with less lag in future :d
My builds:
[3.10] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - /view-thread/2551841
[3.10] Power Siphon/Kinetic Blast Poison Assassin - /view-thread/2687562
[3.10] Elemental Hit Wandslinger Assassin - /view-thread/2784902
one of the best things to use while leveling is flesh and stone and stay in sand stance for the blind. it'll help tremendously
I'm loving this build so far. Your leveling PoB is super, thanks for that. Only thing I really did differently in leveling was to take the AoE/blast radius nodes when you first head up that way (refunded them around 75). I think that helped a bit. As I mentioned before, around Act 6-7 I was feeling pretty squishy but by Act 10 it's feeling better. Took me 5 hours to level with a full set of leveling uniques and seven-league steps. That is about as fast as I can do it.

If you remember me from your other thread you have to know I am using Arakaali's Fang and its working pretty well. My mapping setup is Arakaali's Fang/Bino's Kitchen Knife. For bosses, I am using your setup, Cold Iron Point/Recover life on block shield. In T16 maps I will start the metamorph with the boss setup but then switch to Fang/Bino's when adds spawn. The spiders are not super strong but they are invulnerable so you basically have an additional DoT that runs from the first add phase till the fight is over.

I have not tested but based on what I see, I guess clear with Bino's is a bit faster than the spiders but my little cleanup crew is pretty solid. I'm going to try Cold Iron Point/Arakaali's Fang later on.

One thing that would help the guide is a section explaining how the auras are possible. It took me a bit to see that the amulet has a mana reduction for example. I don't know if that is a new mod but I didn't know about it.
Last edited by redmalloc on Feb 23, 2020, 9:51:04 PM
this build looks awesome, but i have to ask Reckless defence looks like a double-edged sword
"
inaci0 wrote:
this build looks awesome, but i have to ask Reckless defence looks like a double-edged sword


Oh no, not at all because Mistwalker completely negates the downside.
My builds:
[3.10] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - /view-thread/2551841
[3.10] Power Siphon/Kinetic Blast Poison Assassin - /view-thread/2687562
[3.10] Elemental Hit Wandslinger Assassin - /view-thread/2784902

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info