Newbie here.

Hello! I'm new to path of exile and haven't made it far into the game, i was just curious if my current skill setup is any good to keep me going. I'm liking caster style abilities and was wondering if im making a good build with what I've got so far. Any low end beginners advice would be helpful.
Last bumped on Feb 13, 2020, 5:11:12 PM
We can't see your character because your character tab is private.
You can change this in your account privacy settings
Thanks, fixed it. Now you should be able to see it.
looks fine, your passives are appropriate and you've correctly 3 linked tendies so tbh better than most of us when we started lol
Guess i got lucky lol, thank you. I'll keep getting better! Just you watch!
Nothing wrong with playing up a couple other characters for perspective. It will also help train reflexes.
The others have answered your immediate question, so I'll just recommend some resources. Just two, to keep from things getting overwhelming (this game has a LOT of community resources, for all different parts of the game).

First off, the best beginner's guide to the game for new players is this one - https://youtu.be/lEZtq6FSebE I'd highly recommend you give it a watch when you have the time.

Besides that, since you seem to be playing a lightning caster witch, here's an awesome build guide to help get that first character of yours to endgame so you can explore the game a bit more rather than hitting a brick wall with your first several characters - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1147951

Some will advise you to explore the game on your own, others that you go in prepared by reading/watching up. Up to you which you prefer. But there's the links if you so choose to use them. Good luck!
Thanks guys, I'll definitely watch the videos.
"
Sevryn3995 wrote:
Hello! I'm new to path of exile and haven't made it far into the game, i was just curious if my current skill setup is any good to keep me going. I'm liking caster style abilities and was wondering if im making a good build with what I've got so far. Any low end beginners advice would be helpful.

You have chosen the worst league to start and also starting at the end of the league

council waits until march
"
dekebal wrote:
"
Sevryn3995 wrote:

You have chosen the worst league to start and also starting at the end of the league

council waits until march

Bad advice. As a new player you need to play to learn as much as you can now so you can start the next league at a better playing skill level.

Don't worry about how high you can get now, you are just playing to learn as much as possible to be ready to start the next league on March 13th (should be that next 13 week leagues start date).

There are some excellent new player vids created by Engineering Eternity:

Engineering Eternity: Beginner's Guide Series

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info