extra crit damage
extra crit chance
extra damage
extra damage
extra damage
powerfull crits
accurate

No one can survive that no matter what.

If you want to level, do like I did and most players did: ignore league mechanics.
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
"
Baron01 wrote:
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"
cjimaras wrote:
7k health, 35k armor, 7 endurance charges, fortify (50% increased effect from tree), basalt+granite flask, +32%chaos resist, and still oneshoted from a metamorph bullshit skill.
Actually there is nothing we can talk about. Remove these mechanics from the game until it is not too late. Not everyone is playing with log out macro!!!
Start hear your playerbase again before this game will be occupied only from bots and RMT streamers.
I know that nothing will change because the subject is not about MTX but still...

Have you ever considered being less greedy with your metamorphs? I mean if you put all the bullshit you have into one metamorph to make it as rewarding as possible you can't really complain about getting fucked.

This reasoning is absolutely magic. First, tell people they are not building for survival. If somehow build in question is tanky, next step is to tell them they should not be greedy :)

If I ever have a character with stats like Cjimaras listed in his post, I believe I have every right to be as greedy as possible because I have built as tanky character as it gets.

Not that stats like the above guarantee invulnerability, however, they are above and beyond anything that could be reasonably required by the game to survive.

My bow bleed gladiator is dealing with Metamorph and 3.9 end-game rather well even if I get 1-shot from time to time. I just do not get hit. I'm looking forward to play a build where I would not have to dodge every attack that is thrown my way.

Those stats aren't anything special, I've got similar values on my own Jugg and Chieftain, it's your typical Juggernaut stats and while juggs are certainly tanky, they aren't immortal. If you expect to be immortal because you put some investment into defenses you should look for another game.
You can complain all you want about one shots and you having a right to be immortal with enough defense investment, it's not going to happen in this game. GGG doesn't want it, and for good reason. Would be really boring.

There is stuff in this game that will kill you if it hits. End of the story, deal with it. You can reduce the amount of things that can do it by pushing your defenses but you won't get it to zero. I can count the number of things that can kill my Jugg on 1 hand but some things will kill him no matter what. Once Metamorph goes core i'll most likely have to add "greedy metamorphs" to the list but I don't see the problem with it.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Feb 13, 2020, 9:54:01 AM
The one shot is a result of bad balancing for POE over the years.

That why no one cares about bringing life potions. It is either kill or be killed.

Life Potions are useless when compared to other games. Why? You can't pot. It is better to hit all the buffs and reduce damage potions instead because the damage that you will take require you to have a resist of 90%.

Another gameplay is lots of life gain and leech.
Oneshot mechanics is actually the thing that made me stay in this game.
Without oneshot mechanics the game will be ultra grindfest just like many other mmorpgs, including FFXIV, WOW and all the clones mmorpgs.

But i agree oneshot mechanic is terribly flawed.

Rapping Verse 1
"You dun know what monster killed you,

You dun know what attack type killed you,

You dun know when the hit is coming,

You dun know where the hit is coming from,

You just die instantly."

This is zero interaction gameplay.

A possible better gameplay would be like the below options.
1. A record of what monster killed you or what damage type was it.
2. Slow down 15% super high damage projectile.
3. Slow down 20% action speed of super high damage melee attack.
4. Flash colorful light on super high damage projectile, melee attacks or attacking monsters.
5. Increase player movement speed by 25% when a super high damage projectile or attack is on the screen.

Special option:
Pheonix Gem 1: When you die, you revive with 30% health.
Equipping this gem reduces your health by 30%, dps by 10% and movement speed by 10%.
This buff automatically activates, but when triggered, requires 1 minute of cooldown before automatically activates again.

"
mina97 wrote:
Rapping Verse 1
"You dun know what monster killed you,

You dun know what attack type killed you,

You dun know when the hit is coming,

You dun know where the hit is coming from,

You just die instantly."

It's so sad that GGG lost contact to their gamers. For me, this no-idea-what-killed-me is the reason why i don't continue playing PoE after this league ends. It was an issue when i first played PoE 7 years ago. It is still an issue, because GGG are ignorant af. I don't know why the developers keep it that way...there must be some it's-always-been-that-way-mindset plus an unwillingness to understand people's demand regarding a GAME.

Really: if you want no information about what killed you, you should be able to switch off a proper resumee, perhaps switching it off will grant you +10% exp.

Even after a full league, i still don't know what kills me. If there would be an indication, i could LEARN. But the way it is now, it feels like i have to read everything about every boss to know their abilities and strategies before i meet them: Welcome to the heavily retarded GGG mindset. Sadly, GGG is a team of that kind of reality immune nerds that love to build a game that scares off even non-casual gamers like me.

During that league i did my best to prevent my friends and collegues to try out this game, cause you can't learn from your deaths. It's really sad, because the rest of the game mechanics are awesome. But this issue is just enough to throw away this misdesigned creepy nerd fantasy. I'm optimistic that the competitors will learn from GGG's fails to improve their products to make their games enjoyable instead of scaring-off their player's base to continue keeping stupid ideas and stupid mechanics alive. If a player's base is asking for a feature for 7 years and you still don't implement it, your autism level is just beyond retard. I really hope this company will fail with this ignorance.
How I'm feeling you ..

First time I'm actually playing the game everyday (after playing the 3 first acts in beta and getting a Templar to 64 later on)..

Got to Aztiri or however she's called ..

Have a video...

She supposedly has 2% passive reflect, she's in her first phase, summoning the red circles on the ground..

I circle behind her, attack, die ..

Went to the clip to see what killed me... Can't see anything..

Read a funny reply somewhere where someone said that the deaths are just random.. inclined to agree 8)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info