Tankiest build ever, 45k ehp 90%phy 8k regen. 3 min none-dodge uber elder.

For new people:
Spoiler
The origin thread was only about CI Vaal RF. I, however, kept expanding the build. Now We got 3 variant builds that share the exact same gear serving different contents:

1: CI Incinerate. For everything but slow.
2: CI Vaal RF. Mainly deep delve.
3: no CI, regular RF. Fastest mapping, but not safe due to life base and RF degen.

(CI is a keystone that makes your health to 1 and chaos resis to 100%, which also disable you from using regular RF.)
Builds I am working on:

1: baron zombie but my flavor.
2: molten strike str stacking.

Also, I am still working on the post so there might be some info missing, feel free to pm me.

Newest POB link:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/3q8kWDdG incinerate 5m shaper dps.

https://youtu.be/4dWtMj-HOTY 3m none-dodge A8 uber elder CI incinerate (could probably do that in 2 min if I use none-stun and none-chill, sry for not being prepared)
https://youtu.be/OU9jyXZXyaU 3m A8 uber elder RF (no CI)
https://youtu.be/kF3w7n4jAGs 4 seconds conqueror. RF.
https://youtu.be/I7vCOYhrmnA Delve 600, CI Vaal RF, the only challenge of digging further is to get sulphite. I will do more.
chang log
Spoiler

Edited in 2/29 2020

Spoiler
Boosted incinerate to 5m shaper dps

Edited in 2/27 2020

Spoiler
Now there are actually 3 strength stacking builds I finished: CI Vaal RF, high life RF, Thiccromancer(which I haven't published it yet, same idea and gears, with small differences, 20 zombies, per 500k DPS, 25k EHP) I am currently developing the fourth one: str stacking molten strike.

Edited in 2/26 2020

Spoiler
Added regular RF build.

Edited in 2/22 2020

Spoiler
Added more descriptions of two different builds.

Also, I am currently trying to use a regular RF. It is sad that regular RF brings crazy degen, which almost canceled our all regen. To compensate that, we need to use purity of fire, which furthermore cuts our other auras. Another thing is we need to cover chaos resistance. Anyway, I will let you know if I have further progressions.

--------------------

Edited in 2/18 2020

Spoiler
I reached lvl 100

--------------------

Edited in 2/15 2020.
Spoiler
I managed to scale incinerate at 6m for regular dps, 3m for shaper dps, at the meantime, we have a 6m shaper dps vaal RF to do extra dmg.

I realize that I did not put more detail in describing the incinerate main build, so I put more guide in the gear page.

The New incinerate 3m Shaper DPS with 40k es POB: https://pastebin.com/GFfLet4n

Also I added stoneflayer spectre to this build to trigger radiant crusader to have 10% more damage.

------------------

Absolute Rhino.

I am a crazy tank lover, I play tank in every game. In witcher 3, I play the bear school; In AC odyssey, I cap every resis; In LOL, I play turtle, Sion, Cho; In Cod, I always carry my shield; In destiny2, I play void warlock ( there is really no tank in destiny tho.) Yea, I am sick.

This is the tankiest build in POE I can assure you.

Other builds that claim they are tanky, super tanky, ultra tanky, so tanky, well I just gonna use the word "tankiest".

Spoiler
All credits should go to Talamoe's strength stacking build(https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2616548) and Hitmantb's HOAG build(https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2663126)

I am inspired by them. If you are confused in my post, you may find the info you need in their posts.

Introduction:
Spoiler

We utilize these items and guardian's radiant faith to become the tankiest man while having some decent damage.

The whole concept is about strength stacking and finding skills that fit in this set. You can come up with everything with this set. Here, I am going to list builds that I think fit great in this set.

Pro and Cons:
Spoiler
Cons:
1: Bald old man, if I can use marauder's model I won't complain anymore.

2: Expensive, the budget choice is already around 5ex.(6L geofri is already 3ex) Memory vault in Hc is started at 15 ex haha.

3: DPS is on the low side.

Pros:
1: Safe, that is why you will get lvl 100 and others will stop at lvl 95. Especially in Hc, probably the best build for staying alive.

2: Mostly unique items, so no need to find out affixes for certain items.Could save some hair.

3: The wisest investment you gonna make. One strength stacking set can play literally all skills. No kidding. No need to sell build if you feel want to play the next build. Never get sick. Always try something new.

For CI build:
Spoiler

POB:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/yWdHBvJH as Vaal RF main.
https://pastebin.com/GFfLet4n as incinerate main.

Mechanic in detail:
Spoiler

None-stop Vaal RF:

We use Soul Ripper to prevent soul gain prevention. We increase Vaal RF duration to charge Soul Ripper. 2 Soul Ripper is enough to sustain. 1 is okay but you kinda need to focus. With 2 you can chill. 3 is unnecessary but you can have 5.

Cleaning with Vaal RF:

Use incinerate, which we have 800k Dps, to gain the first charge of Vaal RF. Then drink soul ripper in advance, use Vaal RF at the last second in Soul Ripper's duration. ( to quickly charge Soul Ripper) Then drink soul Ripper when RF is about to end. You could use some practice to get familiar with the circle. The more Soul Ripper you have, the less attention on the duration you need to pay.

Bossing:

Save the Vaal RF in advance, then one-shot boss.

Orb of Storm, curse with Hit, Lower the Resis. Incinerate with combustion lower the Resis. Incinerate gain 3 frenzy charges and elemental overload quickly. Then drink Soul ripper. Then Vaal lightning trap shocks boss. Then boom with Vaal RF.

1 stage and release incinerate is a good way to make up damage if you missed shot or lack of damage.

Shaper elder:

Switch to incinerate main.

Defense:
Spoiler

Regen:
lvl 1 cwdt+purifying flame+molten shell, with this set, you can ditch any other recovery flask, because that is consecrated ground all over the screen, which brings more slots for Soul Ripper. Molten shell provides a consistent 10k shield.

ES:
This build is a hybrid of mana guardian and strength stacking build, which could theoretically achieve the highest ES in the game. Simply explaining, it involves avoiding marginal effect by stacking ES in many ways. You can check my gear, which I will list the link later, to understand how those synergies work. Also, you can check 3000 str build in Chieftan forum and Hoag mana guardian for more info.

Lethal pride:
No glancing blow, we use it for this
Multiple 5% strength added, the best str item in the game.

You can buy and resell Lethal Pride to find the best for you. Or just divine it.

Armor:

Memory vault

Damage scale:

1: Strength
2: tranquility -- can be anointed on an amulet.
3: rare off-hand scepter with flat damage to spell/ fire overtime multiplier for incinerate/ RF.

Tree:
Spoiler

(note: we don't use additional curse which located at the top left, saveing us 5 points.
POB does not count awakened curse on hit support double curses, allocating it is just to show how much damage it could achieve.)
You can check jewels in POB or later on the Gear page.

Ascendant:
Spoiler

Incinerate get charges quickly. Radiant faith provides a huge amount of flat ES.

Time of need, more regen.

No block chance, because it cannot work well with cwdt. We need cwdt to have more everything.

Radiant crusade with stoneflayer spectres is 10% more damage and 20% elemental resis, solid choice.

Bandits:
Spoiler
Kill all or 15% ele resis if you haven't capped it yet.

My Gears&Links
Spoiler

Vaal RF as main:

Incinerate as main:

Links are all listed there, pretty simple to understand. ( I will break them down in the future, now I am busy doing papers.)

Warning: DO NOT improve the quality of soul ripper, it slows you down from using Vaal RF.

For incinerate as main, faster casting is for cleaning, arcane surge is for bossing.(Note: do not upgrade your Arcane surge above lvl 17 or lvl 18, you will find it hard to trigger it.)

I added raise spectre to have 10% more damage, stone flayer is the best choice here, they are the tankiest spectres in the game. When you have enough amount of ES and armour, you can use skitterbots over discipline to have 15% more dps and anger over determination to have 20% more dps.
(note: anger is only useful for incinerate.)

Note: RF does not benefit from spell damage, so iron will and tranquility will not affect RF. Swift affiliation only works on Vaal RF. ( Duration, which regular RF does not have.)

Alternative cheap Gears and early on lvling gears:
Spoiler

Why this shield: this weird shield provides more ES than you think. This game has some bugs with calculating the es that the watcher's eye provides, that is probably the reason that this shield provides so much ES. That saves about at least 40 ex.

For None-CI and regular RF build:
Spoiler

You can check the mechanic and all other things that are not mentioned in CI build page.

Just gonna point out some differences here.

For gear and links:
Spoiler

If you do not have awakened curse on hit, use
to cover curse need. Please note: the curse aura itself also count as curse limit. For the last flask, you can use wise oak.

(will add more details later, now I am busy.)

POB:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/1NwUGPQN (note: pob do not count extra curse provided by awakened curse on hit, and lethal pride which provides a crazy amount of str and recover.

First time writing on this forum, gonna make sure everything is well presented, will edit it later. Every suggestion and question is appreciated.
Last edited by MAJORTOMGG on Mar 5, 2020, 8:18:58 PM
Last bumped on Jun 22, 2020, 10:45:58 AM
This amu :D breaking my heart :(
can still be popped in 1 hit to the new white mobs (160% pdr PIERCE). without map mods.
Last edited by bvanharjr on Feb 10, 2020, 11:16:15 AM
This is epic!
Tried this build on the Chinese server, invested tons of currencies and reached 37k ES. Two issues, one being the short duration of vaal RF which failed to recharge refill my Soul Rippers due to the scarcity of the monster packs; the second issue was the dps of vaal RF itself, with around 2mil shaper dps and duration of 8 seconds, it took me around 10 full minutes to kill Phoenix by recharging RF three times with the souls of the little ones. Any variations would you recommend to increase dps at the price of perhaps dropping ES to 30k?
reserved
Last edited by MAJORTOMGG on Feb 15, 2020, 3:10:26 AM
"
Tried this build on the Chinese server, invested tons of currencies and reached 37k ES. Two issues, one being the short duration of vaal RF which failed to recharge refill my Soul Rippers due to the scarcity of the monster packs; the second issue was the dps of vaal RF itself, with around 2mil shaper dps and duration of 8 seconds, it took me around 10 full minutes to kill Phoenix by recharging RF three times with the souls of the little ones. Any variations would you recommend to increase dps at the price of perhaps dropping ES to 30k?

Hi,

To your issues, I updated the post, you can check.

Shortly, to do shaper, we must use incinerate as 6L skill, which we will have 3m+ shaper dps.

The Vaal RF build is used to deep delving mainly. Other than that, the highest dmg it can achieve is one-shot conquerors.

The incinerate main build is everything viable. You can check the full info in my updated post.

However, to solve your first issue, there still are three things you can do:

1: buy more soul rippers, 2 is where you can sustain easily.

2: invest more duration, with efficacy support, increased duration support, 45% from the tree, you can get around 9+ sec Vaal RF.

3: use soul ripper and wait for 3 sec, then use Vaal RF, in this way you can charge your soul ripper faster.
Hey there,

thanks for your effort creating this build guide! In the past few weeeks I played Hitman's HOAG Guardian and it was a lot of fun. Now I'm really looking forward to trying your build out in the next League. Maybe you or someone who plays this build could provide a video of it. That would be great.

Thanks again! Hopefully GGG won't nerf these type of builds.
"
Haezr wrote:
Hey there,

thanks for your effort creating this build guide! In the past few weeeks I played Hitman's HOAG Guardian and it was a lot of fun. Now I'm really looking forward to trying your build out in the next League. Maybe you or someone who plays this build could provide a video of it. That would be great.

Thanks again! Hopefully GGG won't nerf these type of builds.

I will provide some video these days, just real busy preparing exam and sort of things.:)
* tag *

Trying to collect items for this build and begun leveling a char :)

PS.
Those jewels are freakingly expensive!!
--== Enjoying the game ==--

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info