Grinding Gear Games is Hiring!

We're looking for a Web Developer, Senior Animator, Texture Artist, Senior Concept Artist and C++ User Interface Programmer.

If you're reading this post, then you're part of the Path of Exile community, which makes you a great candidate to apply for the below jobs. We love hiring members of the community because they have an existing, extensive knowledge of Path of Exile which lets them really hit the ground running with their jobs and understand exactly what we need. We hire a lot of community members, including well known ones! For example, we recently hired Zaccie and Viperesque (who happened to be both former moderators of the Discord and Subreddit and veteran Path of Exile players).

Web Developer

We're looking for a strong PHP programmer to join our web team and to work on:
  • Ongoing maintenance of the www.pathofexile.com site.
  • Adding additional payment methods and other features.
  • Further website-game integration.

Qualifications:
  • PHP MVC framework experience. Zend Framework highly preferred.
  • Front-end JavaScript experience.
  • Database design, preferably PostgreSQL but not essential.
  • Experience with PHP ORMs, preferably Doctrine 2.
  • Experience with Linux and command-line tools.
  • Bonus: experience with SASS, API design, payment systems, RequireJS, nginx, memcached, JavaScript frameworks.

Please submit your CV, cover letter and a zip file of sample code to hr@grindinggear.com.
Job Status: Full-Time

Senior Animator

We're looking for a full-time senior animator to tackle complicated character and monster work in Path of Exile 2. A strong sense of body mechanics and a portfolio with varied combat animations are needed.

A senior animator is responsible for creating animation assets and working with the Creative Director, Designers and Riggers to realise a character, monster or special effect.

Requirements:
  • 5 years of animation experience.
  • Exceptional body mechanic animation skills in animating humanoid, animal and abstract monster combat.
  • Proven experience in a professional production pipeline.
  • Solid knowledge of Maya.
  • The ability to take and give constructive criticism.
  • Independently self-motivated team player with excellent communication skills.
  • Portfolio and/or animation reel are required.

Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.

Apply to: hr@grindinggear.com

Texture Artist

We're looking for a texture artist to create Substance materials for the Path of Exile. You will create textures and work to maintain a consistent aesthetic across all of the effects in the game and related mediums such as trailers and web. The ideal candidate has a firm grasp of colour, lighting, specularity, and other material properties as they relate to games.

Requirements:
  • 1 year of concept art work in games, or 5 years of work experience in a related field (advertising, video editing, animation)
  • Superior eye for lighting, value, colour, details, and the ability to use them in creating realistic, gritty and visually appealing imagery.
  • Self-motivation and self-reliance; ability to research and learn new tools quickly.
  • Excellent communications skills, and able to work within a team.
  • Passion for creating 'dark and gritty', environments, items, characters and monsters.
  • Deep understanding of Path of Exile.
  • Deep knowledge of Substance Painter and Designer.
  • Knowledge of Marvelous Designer and Maya is preferred.
  • Portfolio, and/or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required.

Environment Concept Artist

We're looking for an environment concept artist to create evocative environments in Path of Exile. You will develop tiles, asset sheets and moods that work to maintain a consistent aesthetic across the game. The ideal candidate has a firm grasp of gritty texture, colour, and shapes.

Requirements:
  • 3 years of environment work in games, or 5 years of work experience in related fields (sculpting, miniatures).
  • Experience with maya, zbrush and substance painter (designer is a bonus).
  • Superior eye for texture, value, color and the ability to use them in creating gritty consistent environments.
  • Self-motivation and self-reliance; ability to research and learn new tools quickly.
  • Excellent communications skills and able to work within a team.
  • Deep understanding of Path of Exile.
  • Portfolio, and/or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required.

C++ User Interface Programmer

We're looking for a C++ User Interface Programmer to join the Path of Exile development team.

Requirements:
  • Strong knowledge of modern C++.
  • Three years of game programming experience.
  • Excellent communication skills.

Pluses:
  • A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
  • Experience working on a shipped game title.
  • Experience with Path of Exile.

Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games
Nice, congrats to Zaccie and Viperesque!
Last edited by Schaller on Feb 9, 2020, 9:45:21 PM
If you ever need someone to get drunk all day and pitch you bad ideas, I'm your man. I've got so much maffs and pretty flower ideas.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
Don't you need a localization manager?

quality is not perfect.
WW version does not have localized voices, I think.

As for Tencent version, i would say quality is quite poor~~

We have partial Chinese voices though, good!
Skill names, passives and gears are full of inconsistency.
Different active or support skill gems share same name.
Most support gems are makred as "support"(辅) while some are not.
Last edited by wlc1402 on Feb 9, 2020, 10:33:00 PM
You should look for a PR manager. You communication in your own forum is garbage and people are very frustrated how you reacted to problems this league. You just did not at all....
Working for GGG that would be Pog.
Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition, is followed by madness.
Ehem. Ive recruited thousands of these Globally all you need to do is pay me in mirrors. haha
No to conditional challenges on top of RNG pure luck mechanics.
Are these positions open for hiring from outside New Zealand? I know someone who might be qualified for the concept artist position.
"
Razlynne wrote:
Are these positions open for hiring from outside New Zealand? I know someone who might be qualified for the concept artist position.

Historically, yes, as long as they are willing to move to NZ.
Damn. Send me a message when you need a localisation/localisation QA guy? :D
Last edited by LMTB on Feb 10, 2020, 2:52:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info