[3.10] Storm Brand – Great League Starter – Deathless Sirus/Uber Elder - Life / LL-ES / Boss killer

"
carloshm85 wrote:
hi,

I'm carloshm85 in the game, at the moment I'm doing well, but following the guide in stormbrand I have very few DPS, and I see that he gets +400000 dps, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
thanks
Let's see if you can help me

I see that in path of building in the dps calculation I do not have combat buffs, can that be it? I do not know what I'm doing wrong.

sorry for my English

Don't compare you tooltip dps with PoB dps. PoB calculates totat dps per second, including all activations of all brands + probably better gear than you have.

I have 11k on my tooltip now, and do T15 maps.
Thanx for the build, it is great, easy to learn and manage. Boss killing is so easy like no other build i played so far.

I have a question about the support gem - controlled destruction, it said that supported skill has 100% reduced crit chance, and trough the build we are stacking crit chance and crit multy as primary source of dmg.
Are the two things in contrast or am i missing something?

thanx again

Alex
stolen from reddit (FuzzyIon):

Chance to Crit is now capped at 100%.

Crit chance % scales your Base Crit, so if your spell or weapon has 5% base Crit and your tree has 200% Crit chance the calculation is.

5 * (1 + 2) = 15% Chance to Crit.

The 2 being your 200% just divide it by 100 for the equation.

Now the - 100% Crit chance from controlled destruction applies to the 200% so now the equation is.

5 * (1 + 1) = 10% Chance to Crit.

As long as your tree or gear gives you more then 100% Crit chance then that will counter Controlled destruction.
Last edited by Aradebil on Mar 21, 2020, 10:55:35 AM
"
Aradebil wrote:
stolen from reddit (FuzzyIon):

Chance to Crit is now capped at 100%.

Crit chance % scales your Base Crit, so if your spell or weapon has 5% base Crit and your tree has 200% Crit chance the calculation is.

5 * (1 + 2) = 15% Chance to Crit.

The 2 being your 200% just divide it by 100 for the equation.

Now the - 100% Crit chance from controlled destruction applies to the 200% so now the equation is.

5 * (1 + 1) = 10% Chance to Crit.

As long as your tree or gear gives you more then 100% Crit chance then that will counter Controlled destruction.

Thanks for replying.

Basically Critical Chance doesn't effect base critical chance, so it's sounds worse than it actually is.

You can see the formula here: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Critical_strike
Currently working on improving ST Damage for Sirus. (Kinda struggling with that, I can kill Awak. 8 Sirus but not that fast.)

Next upgrades are probably:

> Awak. Controlled Destruction
> Bottled Faith
> Making a better Wand, already got a big juicer

Any Idea what of those 3 things I should focus next or am I missing something better for a damage increase? Guess Bottled Faith is best but not sure tbh.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Sayuro_ on Mar 22, 2020, 1:15:26 AM
"
Sayuro_ wrote:
Currently working on improving ST Damage for Sirus. (Kinda struggling with that, I can kill Awak. 8 Sirus but not that fast.)

Next upgrades are probably:

> Awak. Controlled Destruction
> Bottled Faith
> Making a better Wand, already got a big juicer

Any Idea what of those 3 things I should focus next or am I missing something better for a damage increase? Guess Bottled Faith is best but not sure tbh.

Thanks in advance.

Bottled faith is like CRAZY GOOD for us, so I would probably go with that if possible.
So ran my Sirus today and sadly had to call in a carry, my damage was too low due to undergeared and not got level 20/21 gems yet.

Really enjoying the build though, I sometimes chuck chain into the 6 link for clear, just been very unlucky making money this league to move to low life version
I played this from league start and had a pretty easy time (aside from some of the pre-nerf delerium bosses). I've cleared the majority of the atlas, A8 Sirus, Shaper and 20/20 Simulacrum so far.

"

A couple of things I found:
- Tranquility is likely to be the highest damage anointment
- Inspiration is worth using over added lightning when leveling enlighten, just for the mana cost reduction (turns out it's higher damage for me anyway).
- Second Wind (new support) beats out Empower 3 for cooldown recovery on brand recall. I ended up using Brand Recall (7) + Empower (3) + Second Wind (20/20) + arcane surge.
- Vaal Molten shell is really strong even with just a granite of iron skin.
- Personally I preferred also linking faster attacks to shield charge.
- Aspect of the spider is an option instead of flesh and stone.

For speed mapping I found there were two major limitations for the build
- Number of targets hit per brand per cast, this became apperant in highly dense maps (I plan to test chain).
- Clear speed ends up restricted to the cooldown of Brand recall. Even at a 1.44 second cool down I often found myself shield charging towards a pack with it unavailable (dangerous).

I think the main items I have left to upgrade now are:
- Bottled faith (7% dmg)
- Wand (Multi-modded example only shows a 0.5% dmg increase)
- Double zealotry watchers (6% dmg)
- Awakened added lightning

However, I might call it here as I think the damage is plenty and it's other factors holding the build back now.

Thanks for the guide MetalCrawler!
Last edited by Kanobe on Mar 22, 2020, 10:31:31 AM

Is this worthy of multicraft for getting crit multiplier?

Its like 50k more dps vs just like that.

Same question here, is it worth multi modding it?
According to POB, i'm not loosing that much dps compared to a one with "Gain Elemental Damage as extra Chaos Damage".

There isn't any wand like that for sell anyways :x

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info