Wuhan China Coronavirus.

"no evidence the coronavirus epidemic is under control [in China]"
-CDC virology expert

"it [china plague] is very transmissible and it is almost certainly going to be a pandemic"
-director of National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases

"the world is dangerously unprepared for this pandemic"
-WHO director Tedros Ghebreyesus

"the virus has confirmed cases in at least 27 countries; china, hong kong, macao, australia, cambodia, canada, finland, france, germany, india, italy, japan, malaysia, nepal, philippines, russia, singapore, south korea, spain, sri lanka, sweden, taiwan, thailand, UAE, UK, USA, vietnam"
-CDC

Given how easy it spreads and how likely it is that infected people will seem healthy and thus be out and about spreading it further for up to 2 weeks on average before they take to their sick/death bed its probably in the process of spreading everywhere and we're just marking time till we all realize it. And if the experts thinks all the Chinese efforts to contain this plague have failed then we're doomed because most nations wont go as far as they did until its way too late to save the bulk of the population.

Stay safe poebros!

---------------------------------------

"
samgreg wrote:

---------------------------------------

Person dies from coronavirus in Washington state, first in the US, health officials say
https://www.foxnews.com/us/person-dies-from-coronavirus-in-washington-state-first-in-the-us-health-officials-say
Last edited by elesham4ever on Feb 29, 2020, 1:37:16 PM
Last bumped on May 25, 2020, 11:42:45 AM
Sigh

Edit: already moved <3 mods for once lmao
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Feb 3, 2020, 12:17:22 PM
Last edited by elesham4ever on Feb 15, 2020, 11:54:06 PM
"
elesham4ever wrote:
oh well thanos incoming.
Lol no.

While the Wuhan coronavirus is an exceptionally infectious virus, it is not nearly as lethal as you're making it out to be. Until and unless it mutates new lethality — which is a real possibility, considering its substantial mutability — the Wuhan coronavirus is only likely to kill you if you're already weakened against respiratory illness, e.g. old or immunocompromised.

This isn't going to end the world. AIDS antivirals have already shown promise in the limited experimentation so far. You're not talking about a 50% finger snap, but a 6% one, tops

I mean people gon die but let's not exaggerate it
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 3, 2020, 1:48:49 PM
Last edited by elesham4ever on Feb 15, 2020, 11:54:12 PM
lol
I call that lollercoaster and raise you a roflcopter
Spoiler
I'm going to guess official numbers of 25,000 killed when it's all over, with an additional 100,000 unofficial and concealed by the Chinese government
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 3, 2020, 3:34:28 PM
if actual deaths rise above 10,000 i'll be shocked
i'll say less than 1,000 deaths outside of china
Last edited by xMustard on Feb 3, 2020, 6:58:14 PM
"
xMustard wrote:
if actual deaths rise above 10,000 i'll be shocked
i'll say less than 1,000 deaths outside of china
Not an unreasonable wager. But I'll stick to mine.
Last edited by elesham4ever on Feb 15, 2020, 11:54:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info