[3.13] HERALD OF AGONY MANA GUARDIAN 2021 Build. ~20K ES. From Cheap to Expensive!

Thx a lot mate i allready got 3 of these Primal Crushclaw.
Ill try it out now :)

Edit: It feels like my damage is doubled now. Nice!
Last edited by Vengeful_Spirit on Jan 30, 2021, 8:45:40 PM
"

Yeah, damage wise the claws are actually even stronger than the flayers, their damage skills are better. And I am pretty sure the water tornadoes stack withered even faster than melee (it is a multihit afterall) when the boss stays still.

After some number crunching, managed to squeeze some mana reservation for the ultra expensive build.

1 - You can swap away the nodes near Influence(yes, the mana reservation one and aura effect), in its place you go further into Discord Artisan, actively picking it up. Since the Herald is the most mana intensive skill this should be enough with a maxed ring to keep some mana free for casting and turn on all auras.

2- Cluster Jewels. You can get a Medium cluster for aura effects, similar to this https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/rGVpG6rfQ(Go for the minimun number of nodes, 4, the most important part is having these 2 skills), with these jewels, you can lower discipline cost enough to get back all auras. Once again, you have to spec out the mana reduced node by charisma, I also speced out the STR node near the jewel socket in this case, to keep the jewel socket (or, to get 20% extra hatred effect on your minions, if you don't mind less ES and Resist).

Last edited by Airanath on Jan 31, 2021, 9:11:06 AM
Started to play this build yesterday switching from my group mana guardian

How do you get Primal Crusheclaw? I spent 5 ex on a Phantasmal Desecrate and I can't manage to spawn one. Does the gem lvl impact the corpses that can spawn?

Mapping is not bad, bossing is really hard even with 3 alive spectres and a lvl 28 HoA (still need to find a +2 skin of the loyal). Getting crushed to death most of the time in Harvest.

Edit : Why not taking Bastion of Hope over Harmony of Purpose? Since stun can be very annoying. And it works with minions too
Last edited by LePlown on Feb 1, 2021, 10:13:18 AM
Im new to the game so i cant answer your other questions but if u wanna get primal crushclaw go to channel global 6666 and ask for it.
I instant got 10 invites by nice people.

And my experience with ~20-30ex investment: Map clear is ok, some bosses are hard to do. Maybe hard is the wrong word, i dont die but u could need some time.
As the author said, better equipment needed for faster bossing, so im working on it.
"
Airanath wrote:
"

Yeah, damage wise the claws are actually even stronger than the flayers, their damage skills are better. And I am pretty sure the water tornadoes stack withered even faster than melee (it is a multihit afterall) when the boss stays still.

After some number crunching, managed to squeeze some mana reservation for the ultra expensive build.

1 - You can swap away the nodes near Influence(yes, the mana reservation one and aura effect), in its place you go further into Discord Artisan, actively picking it up. Since the Herald is the most mana intensive skill this should be enough with a maxed ring to keep some mana free for casting and turn on all auras.

2- Cluster Jewels. You can get a Medium cluster for aura effects, similar to this https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/rGVpG6rfQ(Go for the minimun number of nodes, 4, the most important part is having these 2 skills), with these jewels, you can lower discipline cost enough to get back all auras. Once again, you have to spec out the mana reduced node by charisma, I also speced out the STR node near the jewel socket in this case, to keep the jewel socket (or, to get 20% extra hatred effect on your minions, if you don't mind less ES and Resist).

Thx for the interesting ideas.
Im also thinking about posibilities. Actually im broke, but when i farmes some currency ill try some things out.
U could maybe get the -4% note next to leadership. THis could help more than only the -herald notes, maybe ill try this in POB next days.
Got the Crushclaw, they are pretty good. I have my HoA lvl 30, good enchant on helm but bossing is still a pain in the ass. I might retry Sirus today, last time I couldn't damage him in 2nd phase.
Great build!
Last edited by Aberry04 on Feb 5, 2021, 1:10:09 AM
i got stoneskin flayers if any of you boys need just message me in game Curb_Your_Deaths ritual softcore
I noticed a lot of HoA builds are using legacy rings and its misleading and the enchants for mana reduction arent even on the market with the specific unique in guide, i wont even talk about me trying to get it myself. Im using two rings both with 20% and the amulet with charisma and still don't have enough to get the bots up with two auras. it is like climbing a mountain... without another big chunk of mana reduction from somewhere i dunno where. seems impossible.
"
Zaanzaar wrote:
I noticed a lot of HoA builds are using legacy rings and its misleading and the enchants for mana reduction arent even on the market with the specific unique in guide, i wont even talk about me trying to get it myself. Im using two rings both with 20% and the amulet with charisma and still don't have enough to get the bots up with two auras. it is like climbing a mountain... without another big chunk of mana reduction from somewhere i dunno where. seems impossible.

U can enchant the rings to 24% reduction each with fertile catalysts. This should help u a lot ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info