[3.9] Turtroll Herald of Agony 9.5K HP Juggernaut All Content | League Start/SSF Viable

Intro
This build has similar playstyle as a summoner, difference being that this build requires player to stack Virulence Stack to increase the Agony Crawler damage.

Herald of Agony Juggernaut is really tanky because we are only speccing into mostly defenses on the passive skill tree. Yet we are able to deal respectable damage because Herald of Agony does not require much investment into minion damage, the damage of Agony Crawler scales mainly with Virulence stack.

Virulence Stack are acquired when player poison an enemy or themselves (using Golden Rule Jewel). Virulence stack are capped at 40 stacks. Each stack will increase the Agony Crawler damage.

PROS:
+Cheap to start and min-max, viable for league start/ SSF
+Very tanky
+Able to do all content in the game
+Relaxing playstyle
+Can do all maps modifier, save currency because does not require rerolling of maps
+Can deep delve

CONS:
-Slow mapping and bossing compared to high DPS builds
-Playstyle may not be fun

PoB:https://pastebin.com/zVTAaVEL (DPS not configured)

Currently playing my Saviour Cyclone, no plans on updating the bossfight showcase for this build
Sirus 7 and Aul Crystal King: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haFIcRlWMEc&t=96s

Mechanics of this build
Spoiler
Getting Virulence Stacks
Spoiler
Cyclone is the skill i used to get virulence stack as i am able to use a claw and a shield for better defense. Rain of arrow/ Barrage + Quill rain is viable as well.

Mana Sustain
Spoiler
Using a Gemini Claw, we gain +14 mana everytime we hit an enemy with our attack. This is the way we sustain our mana.

Why Damage on Full Life Support Gem?
Spoiler
Our Agony Crawler is immortal and always on full life, so it benefits from this support gem giving it a huge boost to the DPS.

How do we scale our Agony Crawler Damage?
Spoiler
Main way of scaling our Agony Crawler damage is by scaling its level. Generally, for minions build scaling levels is the best way to scale HP and damage for the minions. We use Empower Lvl 4 and +3 Lvl Socketed Minion Gems Helmet to scale the level. Cold Iron Point Dagger is also viable to scale the Agony Crawler level even higher.

Why Eye Jewels?
Spoiler
Eye jewels provide flat maximum life, additional minion damage, attack speed and accuracy. Normal jewels does not provide these minions stats.

Why Support Cyclone with Poison Support?
Spoiler
We get Virulence stacks by poisoning enemies. However, Herald of Agony provides little chance to poison, support our Cyclone with poison support significantly boost our DPS because we are able to get higher Virulence stacks consistently.

My Gears + Explanation
Spoiler
Helmet
Spoiler
Our helmet is basically a pseudo 6-link. +3 Level to socketed Minions Gem is basically a Empower Lvl 4, it will boost our HoA level which boost our Agony Crawler DPS. Additionally, Supported by Level # Minion Damage Support is really important for DPS. + Maximum Life and resistances are important as well.

Body Armour
Spoiler
Basically Kaom's Heart. +500 Maximum Life is HUGE, the armour is a bonus as well. We are able to run Kaom's Heart because we have a pseudo 6-link helmet.

Jewellery
Spoiler
Look for attributes so that we can run our skill gems. Life and resistances are important as well. If you have more currency you can go for +% Maximum Life on the rings.

Gloves
Spoiler
Supported by Poison Support gloves are really cheap and allows us to run the other important skill gem to link our Cyclone. Look for life, minion damage and resistance if you need.

Boots
Spoiler
Look for high Life, movement speed and resistance if you need.

Belt
Spoiler
Leather belt is good because of its implicit giving us more life. Look for high life, resistance and life regeneration.

Weapon
Spoiler
Gemini Claw is really good because of its implicit, allows us to sustain mana and also gain life on hit. Look for claw with +% Minion Damage and craft Trigger a Socketed Spell when you use a skill. This mod is important because we are socketing in curse and offering into the weapon and whenever we use a skill these socketed gems will trigger.

Shield
Spoiler
This shield is really strong because it raise our maximum elemental resistance cap, therefore we will hit 80% cap on our resistances allowing us to mitigate a lot of damage.

Jewels
Spoiler
Look for high life 30+, Minions have increased attack/cast speed, Additional Minion Physical Damage and Accuracy (this is not that important)
Flasks
Spoiler
Basically Utility flask for more defensive purposes and to remove certain ailments. Forbidden taste is very good because it is able to restore our large HP pool full instantly.

Skill Gems
Spoiler

IMPORTANT TO GET QUALITY ON THESE GEMS
Herald of Agony
Spoiler
Getting Herald of Agony lvl 21 is really important. Awakened Viscous Projectile is a huge damage boost. Damage on full life support is huge DPS because our Agony Crawler is always on full life. Empower Lvl 4 is important to scale level for more damage, with our helmet we get +7 levels.

Cyclone
Spoiler
Poison support is from our gloves, if you do not have such gloves replace fortify with Poison support until you are able to afford this glove.Withering touch is good to make the enemies take more damage from our Agony Crawler as our Crawler deals chaos damage as well. Fortify is to make us more tanky. Faster attack support allows us to get more virulence stacks.

Gems on our Claw for Auto Trigger
Spoiler
Desecrate to allow spirit of offering to proc. Spirit of offering to boost our DPS. Projectile weakness makes enemies take more damage, and projectiles pierce for easier time against packs.

Aura
Spoiler
Flesh and stone supported by Maim Support, this will increase the maim effect of Flesh and Stone. Flesh and stone maims nearby enemies so that they take extra physical damage.

Movement skill + Convocation
Spoiler
Flame dash is so good right now, it is fast and pass through objects. Convocation is to move our Agony Crawler into position, closer during boss fight for more damage or to position such that it snipes most of the packs

Bandits
Spoiler
Kill all, the passive points are really nice. The bandits buff are not useful for our build

Levelling
Spoiler
Levelling skill gem
Spoiler
Use molten strike to level until level 28. Once level 28, if you have an alternate character go and buy Herald of Agony. Otherwise just continue playing and you will get it from a quest reward.
Levelling HoA Link
Spoiler
If possible you can use Minion Damage support/ Pierce Support (these 2 gems are optional if you have 4/5links)
Levelling Gears
Spoiler
Tabula Rasa, Goldrim and Wanderlust are standard levelling gears. If you use Rain of Arrrows as your way of stacking Virulence stacks, use Quill Rain and Hyrri's Bite. For rings and amulet just use rares that have attributes so that you can use your Herald of Agony
Cyclone vs Rain of Arrow?
Spoiler
I personally like using Rain of Arrows for levelling the acts, i only starts using cyclone once i reach Act 10. Rain of Arrows stack really fast with packs, but on single boss are weak. While cyclone performs better than Rain of Arrow during single boss.
Cyclone/Rain of Arrow Links
Spoiler
Use Rain of Arrow/Cyclone + Lesser Poison Support and Faster Attack Support.
How do i progress my passive skill tree?
Spoiler
Just following the final passive skill tree works well since our Agony Crawler doesn't scale with our passive skill and we are getting pure defense from our tree.

Ascendancy
Spoiler
Unstoppable->Unflinching->Unbreakable->Unrelenting

Pantheons
Spoiler
Solaris and Shakari

Crafting the Helmet
Spoiler
Use a Elder base helmet, best choice is Bone helmet because of the implicit. Use Bound + Pristine Fossils.

Hi, this is my second forum build guide. I appreciate any feedbacks and hope you enjoy this build. You can check out my previous build post on Saviour Cyclone or my videos guide on Youtube. Thanks!

You can check me out on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/turtroll
Or Youtube for gameplay footage and guides: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzp7hS9aD3Csraa8NpHeojQ?view_as=subscriber

Last edited by Turtroll_theThird on Feb 7, 2020, 2:39:19 AM
Last bumped on Mar 10, 2020, 5:12:53 AM
Any chance you could add 2-3 leveling tree suggestions to follow up to the final build?
your build looks to be a mix of normal HoA jugg and the raider version you don't have the C-Blood jewel as well.

"
Sevreth72 wrote:
Any chance you could add 2-3 leveling tree suggestions to follow up to the final build?

follow the tree get hp minion dmg, once you do lab get end charges you just need a 4 link for your poison set up and a 4 link for your howa and your set.

his builds ok but there are better items you can use, my jugg cost me 1.5 ex and has done all the new content ans sirus lvl 8 and down to 1k delve

https://pastebin.com/zu99kD2a

if you do think about going with specters you need a minion leech jewel as they will die at deep depths.
"
Dky001 wrote:
your build looks to be a mix of normal HoA jugg and the raider version you don't have the C-Blood jewel as well.

When doing sirus fight i put in a random corrupted blood immunity jewel. I used this build as my league starter that's why i didn't invest much into the gears
Your pastebin is showing 12 points allocated and thats it.
"
Vitt4300 wrote:
Your pastebin is showing 12 points allocated and thats it.

Okay, thanks for letting me know. Here is the correct pastebin https://pastebin.com/zVTAaVEL
Any thoughts on using Hatred + Generosity instead of Flesh and Maim?
"
Any thoughts on using Hatred + Generosity instead of Flesh and Maim?

Hatred + Generosity will give more damage than Flesh and Maim, however not enough mana reservation even with enlighten lvl 4. Unless, you use a Circle of Nostalgia Ring that gives reduced HoA mana reservation or a helmet enchant.
"
Dky001 wrote:
"
Sevreth72 wrote:

follow the tree get hp minion dmg, once you do lab get end charges you just need a 4 link for your poison set up and a 4 link for your howa and your set.

his builds ok but there are better items you can use, my jugg cost me 1.5 ex and has done all the new content ans sirus lvl 8 and down to 1k delve

https://pastebin.com/zu99kD2a

if you do think about going with specters you need a minion leech jewel as they will die at deep depths.

Well, my spectres are not lasting at all and I'm no where near 1k delve depth... I have 3 jewels that have Minion Life Leech.. heh..

I'm using a Slave Driver and Solar Guard..
Last edited by Korendir2016 on Feb 3, 2020, 10:19:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info