More bound skill slots?

"
Caiada wrote:
No one is using more than 7 skills past low levels.

I'm using 10 skills, counting the curses and culling strike skill on my swapped weapons.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
"
Caiada wrote:
"
Kenzorz wrote:
"
Caiada wrote:
Limits create creativity and variety. This is a fine example.

Creativity? Putting 10 auras on a single key is creative?
Also this thread is 2 years old and amount of skill slots is still a problem...

A) We can't have 10 auras anymore, thank balance-Jesus.
B) It's not a problem. It's a design decision that, yes, creates creativity. Not that this is particularly limiting given the nature of skill gems and the current state of auras. No one is using more than 7 skills past low levels. If there were actually any good reason to, yes, you would have to make difficult decisions about what skills you want to keep for easy access. Creativity is finding solutions for problems, not having the freedom to do whatever you want. Totally different thing.

A) I'm guessing you don't/barely even play the game, because we can use 10 auras.

B) A design decision that allows you to actually equip more than 8 skill gems, yet only be able to put 8 on your hotbar? What great design! /sarcasm
Also, your point B just proves my point A, i.e. you obviously don't play the game. Plenty of builds use more than 7 skills (oh and, we have 8 slots by the way).

but hey, I'm talking to someone who can't even get past Lvl 50 yet talks as if they know a thing about what people use past "low levels".
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Mar 13, 2014, 8:18:41 AM
I use 3 auras, 2 attack skills, 1 curse, 1 buff (blood rage) and lightning warp.

I would love to have 2 additional slots to raise specter and an additional curse.

That's not crazy you see:
- Being able to switch curses depending on your oponent would be nice
- Having a skill that you dont use so often but WILL use on emergencies (such as raise specter) would be nice.

I´m sure a lot of people would enjoy the freedom of having some additional tools to swap in-game. The gear gem slots are the TRUE creative boots! That´s where you have to make the big decisions.

My suggestion: Make Skill bar slots PARAMETRIC - You start with the default amount of slots, but it adds or reduces, depending on the amount of skills you equip.
"
junaum wrote:
I use 3 auras, 2 attack skills, 1 curse, 1 buff (blood rage) and lightning warp.

I would love to have 2 additional slots to raise specter and an additional curse.

That's not crazy you see:
- Being able to switch curses depending on your oponent would be nice
- Having a skill that you dont use so often but WILL use on emergencies (such as raise specter) would be nice.

I´m sure a lot of people would enjoy the freedom of having some additional tools to swap in-game. The gear gem slots are the TRUE creative boots! That´s where you have to make the big decisions.

My suggestion: Make Skill bar slots PARAMETRIC - You start with the default amount of slots, but it adds or reduces, depending on the amount of skills you equip.

You can cast an aura, then switch it on the action bar for something else and it will stay activated.

On topic: I would love having more slots b/c I like using some of the Vaal gems and now they are adding 1-2 actions. I get GGG wants us to make decisions, but I like using a lot of different skills on some characters.
"
Nuttzo wrote:
You can cast an aura, then switch it on the action bar for something else and it will stay activated.

Yeah, thats how I´m currently working around the issue. But it´s a lame repetitive task that could be easily fixed with some quality (yet simple) coding. Hope this thread gets GGG attention.

Also, you are right about Vaal Gems. Its nice to have some slots to trigger then now and then.
Sooooo, anything new on this matter?
http://gotanappointment.mybrute.com
supporting this. also had issues we need at least 10 skillslots,
12+ would be better
BUMP.

Awakening released new skills and I need at least one more hot key. Curses, warcries, vaal skills all add up.

For me, 10+ would be better.
no need for more skill slot, more confortable of course but no need (maybe less than 2% of build use 7 active skill lol)
Summoners at least in my experience have alot more need of hotkeys. Increasing the hotkey by at least 2 more buttons and the flasks to at least 6 Flasks will help alot IMO.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info