[3.9] Cyclone Juggernaut | Simple and Strong | All Content

Build Overview

Simple and straight-forward cyclone build that can take on all content in the game including Sirus 8, Uber Elder, Shaper, Uber Atziri, Chayula, etc. Not the best deep delver, but not the worst either.

No uniques are required, but I would recommend lion's roar and a watcher's eye when you can afford it.

This build can reasonably achieve 2-3m dps with some investment, with 500k-1m being quite easy to reach on a fairly low budget - weapons and your 6-link chest are the only real expenses to worry about for 99% of content.

We have strong defenses with divine flesh, endurance charges, fortify effect, high life pool, and just being a juggernaut. I can face-tank Sirus 8 for easy deathless kills, and I don't even look at metamorph mods anymore in T16s. The only real threats are big degens/DoTs that don't hit (except chaos/poison) like burning ground or Sirus storms if you decide to leap slam into one for no good reason, Shaper beam, etc.

Gear

This is a dual-wield crit build, so we are looking for strong foils for our weapons and a 6-link chest with "Attacks have +X% to critical strike chance" to make up the majority of our damage.

Other than that, the rest of the gear (including jewels) can just be rares with stats we are looking for - Life, Resistances (Including chaos!), Movement Speed, Added physical damage, Critical strike multiplier/chance, life/mana leech, and various other increased damage sources - accuracy is mostly solved by being a juggernaut and using war banner.

It is imperative that we cap all resistances, including chaos, for divine flesh to function. Being a juggernaut helps a lot because we can rely on endurance charges to over-cap and give some chaos resistance as well.

As you gain more currency, you can start upgrading gear to include both your life/resist needs and some damage/additional defenses - like a delve crafted helm with fortify effect/nearby enemies take increased phys damage, can't be inflicted with corrupted blood jewel, and tailwind boots. Just make sure your rings (and possibly amulet) have an open prefix to craft -mana cost to channelling skills and you can start spinning to your heart's content.

End Game Gear

Note: I'm using Shadows and Dust gloves for fun because I like rampage and I already meet resistance requirements from my other gear, they aren't required in any way.

Pretty much done with the gear, but still looking for a couple general upgrades - awakened gems and helmet enchant. Double Corrupt gloves for +% crit and vuln on hit. Maybe double corrupt boots until I hit +1 max endurance charges :^)

Skill Gems

Skill gems for this build are pretty straight-forward and you can substitute awakened gems when you have currency.

• Cyclone, Brutality, Melee Phys, Pulverise, Fortify, Infused Channelling
  • Cast When Damage Taken, Ice Golem, Steelskin, Blood Rage
  • Pride, Blood and Sand, War Banner, Enlighten
  • Vaal Ancestral Warchief or Vaal Molten Shell for HC - Precision
  • Leap Slam, Faster Attacks, Blood Magic
  • Flesh and Stone, Maim, Enlighten

Other Info/Links

• Bandits - Kill All or Alira
  • Pantheon - I use Solaris/Abberath, but up to you depending on what content you are doing
  • Ascendancies - Unflinching, Undeniable, Unbreakable, Unrelenting
  • Path of Building - https://pastebin.com/ciLAhKYw
  • My Current Metamorph Character(MasonMM) - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MasonOwO/characters
  • Divine Flesh - https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Divine_Flesh
  • Lair of the Hydra Map - https://youtu.be/9oVH3z_Q6u0
  • Maze of the Minotaur Map - https://youtu.be/LM7CtnYvBcY

This is my first build guide, so let me know if there's anything else I should include.
Last edited by MasonOwO on Jan 25, 2020, 1:45:08 PM
Last bumped on Mar 28, 2020, 7:22:06 PM
very nice build , just a random thought , maybe as upgrades more on the investment side could weapons like Paradoxica vaal rapier(with good rolls) , The Saviour legion sword fit the build as potential upgrades or maybe finding a way to fit herald of purity so we can used circle of guilt ? would these items fit in the build and if so would the upgrade be worth the cost of the investment if the budget is available in these items since it would cost a good amount? anywayz congrats on your first build guide .
"
realVIP wrote:
very nice build , just a random thought , maybe as upgrades more on the investment side could weapons like Paradoxica vaal rapier(with good rolls) , The Saviour legion sword fit the build as potential upgrades or maybe finding a way to fit herald of purity so we can used circle of guilt ? would these items fit in the build and if so would the upgrade be worth the cost of the investment if the budget is available in these items since it would cost a good amount? anywayz congrats on your first build guide .

The Saviour can be nice for bossing as its a lot of pure dps if your other weapon is good, but I'm not a huge fan of it in general. Paradoxica is really just a stat stick, so yea if you invested into a lot of added phys like by herald of purity and circle of guilt its definitely doable, but capping chaos res will be more difficult. Personally, I'd rather just go for better foils with high crit for smoothness, but the build is pretty flexible if you have a preferred play style.
can i chang the gloves with Haemophilia
"
MaxFox1823 wrote:
can i chang the gloves with Haemophilia

Yep, you can use whatever you want for gloves if you cap resistance elsewhere
Hi and thanks for the build, was quite enjoyable to play so far.

How do you manage corrupted blood? Got a corruption on a jewel? Could you maybe include your jewels in the guide? And is there any other source of leech apart from blood rage?

Cheers, Baals
"
BaalsRevenge wrote:
Hi and thanks for the build, was quite enjoyable to play so far.

How do you manage corrupted blood? Got a corruption on a jewel? Could you maybe include your jewels in the guide? And is there any other source of leech apart from blood rage?

Cheers, Baals

Yea, I get both corrupted blood and life leech from jewels - should be viewable on my Character/PoB if I didn't mess the link up. - My current jewels should now be included under the end-game gear section.
Last edited by MasonOwO on Jan 25, 2020, 1:40:57 PM
"
This is my first build guide, so let me know if there's anything else I should include.

A PoB kind of "leveling" progression (at least the big nodes) would be very nice for people like me who never touched HC and/or Marauder Class at all ;) i struggle often where to get first when a branch goes in multiple directions
"
colophoniaz wrote:
"

A PoB kind of "leveling" progression (at least the big nodes) would be very nice for people like me who never touched HC and/or Marauder Class at all ;) i struggle often where to get first when a branch goes in multiple directions

I'm not too knowledgeable about efficient leveling tbh, you'd probably be better off following a more generic non-crit build and transition to this later on after you've hit maps.
Am I missing something here? I seem to be coming up short on Intelligence (HA!) in this build. Leveling up the Infused Channeling support seems to be an impossibility, unless I'm missing something.

Edit: Scratch that, int jewelry all over the place
Last edited by barwick11 on Mar 2, 2020, 7:39:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info