PS4 Market: Why aren't buyouts immediate?

This is the single most annoying thing in PoE on the PS4, and it's completely illogical.

If I see Item X in the market with a buyout price, and I am willing to pay that buyout price, i.e., no offer/negotiation, why in blazes isn't the transaction completed instantly? Why the hell does it take having the seller confirm it? The buyer has to commit the currency in order to make the offer, so...

if (Offer == AskingPrice) {
CompleteTheDamnedSaleNow();
}

All the data is server-side, correct? There's no syncing of local/server data, so why aren't outright sales done in real time?

I know of no other game where the buy/sell mechanic is this idiotic.

It makes for SUCH an unpleasant game experience... as bad as the crashing, lagging, and flashing tiles.

#instantsalesnow
Last edited by heavyharmonies on Jan 18, 2020, 5:47:59 PM
Last bumped on Jan 22, 2020, 10:00:52 AM
In a market this small (we are not 200k like they are on PC), items usually take lot of time to be sold. No matter how good they are and no matter how cheap you price them.
In the meantime prices could change a lot for many reasons.
That's why you can't make buyouts immediate.
Not talking about all the stackable items: you price 10 chaos at x, then u don't realise that when you toss your well earned other chaos they don't stack on your pile, but they stack on the ones for sale.
That's why you can't make buyouts immediate.

I can easily immagine what this forum will become if instant buyouts will be introduced, lol.
That literally makes no sense.

If I want to buy a weapon/helm/tabula/whatever and the seller is asking a certain price, and I meet it, there is ZERO legitimate reason why the transaction cannot be completed right there and then.

If the argument is that prices change, then it's upon the SELLER to maintain and reprice their merchandise accordingly. If an item is priced too low, then someone will get a bargain, and sellers will learn. WHICH IS HOW LITERALLY EVERY OTHER GAME ON THE PLANET OPERATES.

This clusterfuck of a system is not the right approach. It's a ham-handed approach to solve one small problem by introducing greater ones.

Now, if you want to bifurcate the market such that transactions for hard (wearable) items are immediate, but transactions for commodity items require confirmation, then while I still disagree with that approach, it would at least limit the delays to currency transactions.

Right now, the system punishes buyers. A buyer has to either make an offer on a single item and run the risk of hearing nothing back for days on end, or put out offers on multiple items in the hopes of winning one, but in doing so you run the risk of unintentionally buying multiples of the same item.

It. Doesn't. Work.

Alternatively:

1. Force every item to have a buyout price, and

2. Make listings expire after 48-72 hours, or at the very least, remove the listings if a player has not logged in within N days (some number less than 7), or

3. Introduce an autodecrement of N% in all prices per day (1-3%) so that either items eventually resell, or sellers will have to reprice/relist the items, which at the very least requires sellers to be vigilant or "hands on".

Right now, the trade market is completely useless on console.
"
That literally makes no sense.

If I want to buy a weapon/helm/tabula/whatever and the seller is asking a certain price, and I meet it, there is ZERO legitimate reason why the transaction cannot be completed right there and then.

If the argument is that prices change, then it's upon the SELLER to maintain and reprice their merchandise accordingly. If an item is priced too low, then someone will get a bargain, and sellers will learn. WHICH IS HOW LITERALLY EVERY OTHER GAME ON THE PLANET OPERATES.

This clusterfuck of a system is not the right approach. It's a ham-handed approach to solve one small problem by introducing greater ones.

Now, if you want to bifurcate the market such that transactions for hard (wearable) items are immediate, but transactions for commodity items require confirmation, then while I still disagree with that approach, it would at least limit the delays to currency transactions.

Right now, the system punishes buyers. A buyer has to either make an offer on a single item and run the risk of hearing nothing back for days on end, or put out offers on multiple items in the hopes of winning one, but in doing so you run the risk of unintentionally buying multiples of the same item.

It. Doesn't. Work.

Alternatively:

1. Force every item to have a buyout price, and

2. Make listings expire after 48-72 hours, or at the very least, remove the listings if a player has not logged in within N days (some number less than 7), or

3. Introduce an autodecrement of N% in all prices per day (1-3%) so that either items eventually resell, or sellers will have to reprice/relist the items, which at the very least requires sellers to be vigilant or "hands on".

Right now, the trade market is completely useless on console.

I'd agree with every single point you made, if only we were a bigger community.
I play standard, which means how big is the player base, 50?100? Not bigger than 100 for sure.
This means that if I list a wonderful item for the cheapest price on earth, it could still take weeks or months for someone to buy it.
On PC you get an item, price check that item on the trade macro, put it on the market for 5% less than the cheapest one and you are almost guaranteed to sell it within half an hour.

It happens everyday that someone offer for an item that I didn't even know I had because maybe I've put it on the market 5 months ago lol. I swear: every single day.
Now let's say that I've priced a good pair of boots with the temple dodge chance/movement speed for 2ex 4 months ago.
In the meantime those boots became legacy.
Now you think that when the patch note came out stating that those boots would become legacy I should have run home to take them off the market before someone could take advantage of that? Lol be serious.

You say: the seller should take care of his item on the market! Ye I agree, I have 10 of the quadruple stash filled with item on the market.
In your opinion I should rebalance the prices, let's say, every week, going through the hell of 10 quadruple stash tabs that on console you can barely see on the TV.
I'd rather not selling any item and that's exactly what would happen with an instant buy out: people wouldn't price items to not take those risks mentioned above and would rather wait for the brave enough guys that have the courage to send offers to unpriced items on the market, which is one of the biggest mysteries of the humanity: how can people enjoy playing spending their time on the console poe trade market sending (often ridiculous) offers to unpriced items.

Last edited by Asra101010 on Jan 19, 2020, 7:13:06 PM
And he could say, with buyouts plenty of players who already quit might come back, if they would fix all the crashes as well. But for items like maps etc, comon, I have to use all 10 slots to big on maybe 3 different maps, to maybe get one within the next hour even if I filter they are online. Its totally pointless.

Btw same discussion is going on in feedback and suggestions atm, but its been going on since xbox release. They will never answer.

And here is a video, how its implemented working on the chinese version, that also uses a tradeboard instead of api and search sites.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2499768/page/1#p21942047
or the direct video of the chinese buyout version:
https://streamable.com/k5vfx
In the trade manifesto they admitted they want to frustrate the player because they are scared that once we have all our gear we will get bored and quit the game.

This is the only real answer to your question.

Really sad. There are plenty of people who will keep playing and want to minmax their build.

Their vision is outdated, but it's like talking to a wall so I'll end my post here.
[Removed by Support]
"
Filix80 wrote:
And he could say, with buyouts plenty of players who already quit might come back, if they would fix all the crashes as well

Ask people who quit what could take them back instant buyouts or bluescreen fix, than tell me how your poll ended :P.

With that being said there are much more people playing on ps4-standard today than 4 or 8 months ago.
Don't know about leagues or xbox, but ps4 standard is much more populated now than ever.

"
In the trade manifesto they admitted they want to frustrate the player because they are scared that once we have all our gear we will get bored and quit the game.

Really sad. There are plenty of people who will keep playing and want to minmax their build.

Their vision is outdated, but it's like talking to a wall so I'll end my post here.

Personally, and I really mean PERSONALLY, I agree with this outdated vision.
What makes me keep playing on ps4 regardless the multiple problems of lags, freezes and crashes instead of switching switching to pc is that here is much more "hard-core" than pc.
You can't just say: ok I'm gonna buy 100 pure Chayula breachstone and level up, because there are 0 Chayula breachstone priced on the market.
You can't just say: ok I'm gonna gamble 1000 Stacked decks, because there are maybe 30 in the whole market.
You can't just say: ok I'm gonna spam 300 frigid fossils on the bow and get what I want, because there are not 300 frigid fossils u can buy in the market.
All those things are made on daily bases on pc, making everything way, way, WAY easier.
On console every single item MATTER, because the next Chayula pure breachstone you will have, could be in 2 months maybe, so you better take the best out of it.
And last but not least.
I needed a pair of elder/hunter gloves with high Es and Dmg Over time on it for my ED Bane.
Of course you can't find it on market.
So I've spent roughly 30ex in fossil and metacrafting to finally get them. And this is the main point of the story: With a huge player base like on PC you should never spend your currencies to craft something because you can always find exactly what you need on the market for a few exalted at worse. And this basically take out of the game one of the mechanics that I enjoy the most: metacrafting (which is also one of the main reason why I play standard and not leagues).

Eventually I would fix at least a few things of the trademarket system:
1) get rid of anonimity (which Coul also help people knowing each other and strengthen the community)
2) integrate console stash tabs in the poetrade websites.

But, again, this is my point of view and I don't want to force anyone to agree with me lol.
Last edited by Asra101010 on Jan 19, 2020, 8:30:57 PM
"
Asra101010 wrote:
"
Filix80 wrote:
And he could say, with buyouts plenty of players who already quit might come back, if they would fix all the crashes as well

Ask people who quit what could take them back instant buyouts or bluescreen fix, than tell me how your poll ended :P.

With that being said there are much more people playing on ps4-standard today than 4 or 8 months ago.
Don't know about leagues or xbox, but ps4 standard is much more populated now than ever.

"

Personally, and I really mean PERSONALLY, I agree with this outdated vision.
What makes me keep playing on ps4 regardless the multiple problems of lags, freezes and crashes instead of switching switching to pc is that here is much more "hard-core" than pc.
You can't just say: ok I'm gonna buy 100 pure Chayula breachstone and level up, because there are 0 Chayula breachstone priced on the market.
You can't just say: ok I'm gonna gamble 1000 Stacked decks, because there are maybe 30 in the whole market.
You can't just say: ok I'm gonna spam 300 frigid fossils on the bow and get what I want, because there are not 300 frigid fossils u can buy in the market.
All those things are made on daily bases on pc, making everything way, way, WAY easier.
On console every single item MATTER, because the next Chayula pure breachstone you will have, could be in 2 months maybe, so you better take the best out of it.
And last but not least.
I needed a pair of elder/hunter gloves with high Es and Dmg Over time on it for my ED Bane.
Of course you can't find it on market.
So I've spent roughly 30ex in fossil and metacrafting to finally get them. And this is the main point of the story: With a huge player base like on PC you should never spend your currencies to craft something because you can always find exactly what you need on the market for a few exalted at worse. And this basically take out of the game one of the mechanics that I enjoy the most: metacrafting (which is also one of the main reason why I play standard and not leagues).

Eventually I would fix at least a few things of the trademarket system:
1) get rid of anonimity (which Coul also help people knowing each other and strengthen the community)
2) integrate console stash tabs in the poetrade websites.

But, again, this is my point of view and I don't want to force anyone to agree with me lol.

Nah anonimity on trade market is great. Unfortunately too many people are immature and react emotional when you reject their offer. Imagine them harassing you on psn aswell because your prices are too high or whatever.

They should do something about pricefixing and "scams" like putting up stacks of 20fuses for 100jews. That's just really sad. But I digress lol.
[Removed by Support]
Because a person gets 1 last chance to price check your offer.
Then he gets grounded for not taking out the garbage.
3 days later he finally accepts.

I would take 72 hour trades for no rubberband/bluescreen/desync/lag...
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
There are obviously two sides to this, and to be honest I can see reason in both.

Why not make it a win / win (and win for GGG) though?

Sell a new type of tab (there is GGG's win!) that is an Instant Buyout sales tab.
You can only put items in it, if you set an instant buyout value.

Unsure of the items price / might use it in the future, put it in your usual public tab
Want rid quickly, put it in your new Instant Buyout tab

If sensible, you would then double check your Instant Buyout tab maybe once a week to see if prices are relevant.

You are specifically putting an item in a tab for instant sales.
You still have ALL of your other tabs to put items for sale in the current fashion.

(GGG - can I get 1% of revenue from all future Instant Sale Stash Tab sales please? :P )

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info