[3.12] Mana guardian Icestorm ~ Max Block/Spellblock UPDATED FOR HEIST

Hey I loved WI befor Heist but since i did move to HC last 2 seasons I did not really touch it although harvest must have been awsome to creaft ES gear. Nethertheless what are your plans on playing WI this league? Will you go for cwc again or are you planing to got a more handcasting style with unleash, archmage maybe?
"
Schwebbes wrote:
Hey I loved WI befor Heist but since i did move to HC last 2 seasons I did not really touch it although harvest must have been awsome to creaft ES gear. Nethertheless what are your plans on playing WI this league? Will you go for cwc again or are you planing to got a more handcasting style with unleash, archmage maybe?

Sticking to the tried and true CWC setup, but i changed the tree around to accomodate max block/spell block. Lost a chunk of DPS for it, but dying = no damage ,so i feel like it's a fair trade off, and SC players can opt out of the block setup if they want. If this feels too weak as a CWC i will update it after a few days and probably go self cast with a discharge 4link in a psuedo 5/6L Helm and see how i like it.
"
Schwebbes wrote:

Also, ill be streaming all day tomorrow for launch so feel free to come hang out and discuss ideas and stuff, always like having people to chat with whilst i stream
Hi mate, its WHITESTAR here, hope your doing well, and glad to see your coming back, looked at your build, looks good, but I had to mess with it, you know me, I had to, I changed the tree and some gems and items, also added the cold pen on configuration, as POB dosnt add it if you leave it blank.

Also changed the way the gems link in The Whispering Ice as well, as Cyclone benifits from this as well.

If you look you will see that the gems ticked in Whispering Ice is for boss killing, if you get a second Whispering Ice and add Increased Area of effect you deal less damage but cover more area for easy map clearing, so I would use this to clear maps easy, then weapon swap at bosses.

Here is my version after tweaking yours https://pastebin.com/DgVeDzBR hope you like.

Good luck all in HIEST.

Done some addintional testing, Changed lvl 4 ball lightning for lvl 4 ice spear now, the reason is, we do cold damage, also we doing more crit, also it fires 2 times, the second one a bit stronger, will help as we tanking more now as well.
Last edited by akk1968 on Sep 18, 2020, 8:47:02 AM
"
akk1968 wrote:
Hi mate, its WHITESTAR here, hope your doing well, and glad to see your coming back, looked at your build, looks good, but I had to mess with it, you know me, I had to, I changed the tree and some gems and items, also added the cold pen on configuration, as POB dosnt add it if you leave it blank.

Also changed the way the gems link in The Whispering Ice as well, as Cyclone benifits from this as well.

If you look you will see that the gems ticked in Whispering Ice is for boss killing, if you get a second Whispering Ice and add Increased Area of effect you deal less damage but cover more area for easy map clearing, so I would use this to clear maps easy, then weapon swap at bosses.

Here is my version after tweaking yours https://pastebin.com/DgVeDzBR hope you like.

Good luck all in HIEST.

Done some addintional testing, Changed lvl 4 ball lightning for lvl 4 ice spear now, the reason is, we do cold damage, also we doing more crit, also it fires 2 times, the second one a bit stronger, will help as we tanking more now as well.

Good to see you doing well, yeah i stepped away for harvest, wasn't a fan of the league at all :p. I will check this out in a bit, working on my other build I have planned for Heist atm :)
"
akk1968 wrote:

Good luck all in HIEST.

also with the POB fork, cold resistance is configured, so when you check in frostbite/frost bomb, the cold resistance of the boss is factored, by manually inputting -108% cold res, it boosts the average hit to an unrealistic number. Also, cyclone benefitting from links is unimportant, as it does 0 damage, it's only there to activate the cwc. giving it ele focus or cold pen doesnt matter, all it does is raise the mana cost of the cyclone, but has no real relevance. After adjusting the -108 cold res back to normal we're right back where we started :p
Oi Chief,

highly interested in trying this out in heist, but PoB link is not working. PoB is updated and it tells me the link you provided uses an unrecognised version of the passive tree.

Is there something wrong on my end or is it the link?

Ty
Leveling icestorm now! Live on twitch! :)
PoB isn't working yet on Heist, is it only me?
If not, would it be possible to upload one with another mean (like PoE planner)?
Really want to try that one since Icestorm's update!
"
Izanamakouli wrote:
PoB isn't working yet on Heist, is it only me?
If not, would it be possible to upload one with another mean (like PoE planner)?
Really want to try that one since Icestorm's update!

Most people having problems in POB do not have the community fork. If you do not have the community fork please refer to reddit/google on how to get it, and boom, the pob will work afterwards.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info