[3.10] A Stunning Executioner w/ Ground Slam- League Start/ Stunning Endgame (Awakener 8 Down)

Here is my answer from another Stun build.

When it comes to attack speed, it does not affect the clear speed of 2h Tidebreaker so much, I can say that most of the rare on T16 maps go out on hits so in the end it goes the same way if you stand and do 2 quick or one slow attacks, poe and players just have a speed fetish in this game.

As for the survival rate, I think you should try leech side, if you don't get a hit, you'll survive forever.

"
frawrst wrote:
3.10 announced

with meta going core but will be less frequent, this build may fair better in 3.10 as we often can stunlock regular mobs, meaning good mapping for new delirium zones

Generally, I researched the topic of stun in 3.9 from A to Z and metamorph, and regular mobs were no problem to introduce them to stunlock, the problem was Shaper/Elder bosses and his guards if we had mods like increase max mob life or reduce physical damage. Anyway, what is the point of making characters for stun if we are unable to stun every target in the game? (of course, except for stun immune but we have no influence on that).

Therefore, the best and probably the only option is to build a character for Crit, where having 400%+ crit multi enters damage that is able to stun any target in the game. Including Sirus A8 and his conqueror on A8, Shaper/Elder and his guardians even on increased life maps.

"
very nice congratz would you recommend your version as a league starter for the new league?

JUGG worked great, as I wrote earlier, but Slayer has even more potential especially at the start of the league and I will be playing a Stunner Crit Ground Slam.

Slayer does much more damage, both at the beginning with weak items and at the endgame he don't need unique rings which can be troublesome at the beginning when we need to do resistance cap and increase our hp pool. Building under Crit there is no better node than 'Overwhelm' ascendancy (it gives me almost 20% crit chance), 'Headsman' makes it easier to deal with stunlock bosses, and eliminates reflect. And of course the leech path, where leech on Jugg/zerk is practically useless because slow attack speed causes that between one attack and another gets a lot of damage and when we need leech there, it is not there, Jugg relies entirely on the regen and sometimes it may be missing when you need to replenish your HP the most and here overleech from Slayer is an amazing thing because despite the slow attack speed we always have a huge leech in stock which immediately after getting the hit completes our full hp.

I did a comparison tipicaly for Stun
On the Screen below we have PoB from this topic (I'm using Fork version which counts DPS much better. I recommend it especially to melee, because Pride counts well, watcher eye bonuses, distance bonuses and Flash and Stone maim.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/deon82/localidentitys_path_of_building_v141514_fork/)

Non Crit Warbringer - https://pastebin.com/hyPC6FKy (I added Ancestral Warchief Totem, change Melee Physical damage and Brutality to Awakened version, Maim link to Flash and Stone (I don't know why it was missing), I removed the Frenzy charge because it only generated by Blood Rage so for single target we won't be able to keep them, I turned off the flask, I see that I forgot to turn off Onslaught in PoB but it only changes attack speed and DPS does not affect HIT).

So: 462815.8 Average hit and the maximum possible is 788208, in theory in ideal conditions it is enough to stun Shaper / Elder but only in the upper damage range so there is a good chance that they will be single stun but not stunlock. Rather, on Metamorphy T16 with mods for HP may not be enough as on Elder / Shaper Guardiany on maps with Increased life / reduced physical damage taken

Crit Slayer - https://pastebin.com/fkq2UwWh (As with the previous one, Frenzy and Flaski off. Our Gear and skill selection is very similar.)

So: 462838.4 Average hit and the maximum possible is 800949, It comes out pretty much the same. But as we look at Crit, the average damage is 1 976320, unfortunately we do not have the minimum and maximum shown, but since it is medium, the minimum will be around 1.5 million and the maximum around 2.5 million, which is enough to stun every opponent in the game.

Summary: the general DPS is very similar on both characters, under Stun there is no doubt that the version of Crit Slayer is better, except that Zerker has higher attack speed so mapping may seems little smoother and faster although it is not some colossal the difference. Here comes the defensive aspect, the Zerker itself gets more damage taken and there is really nothing that increases its defensive. Slayer has amazing leech and reduced damage taken during leech, decreased crit multi from enemy, Bleed and Reflect immunity. Slayer also has a larger AoE because comparing PoB - Zerker had Concecrated Effect gem in setup and Slayer did not use it, Slayer can also change the node from Headsman to Impact, which will greatly increase AoE will lose some damage to bosses, gain overall damge, with good items even with this node there should be no trouble to stunlock the whole game.
Alright, thanks for the detailed response. I tried the 2 Leech nodes in the ascendancy of Slayer but losing 20% Cull, movement speed on kill proved to be very annoying for me to play (much slower clear xd) and I still die to certain things so that's why I wasn't fond of it, and so I just decided to go all out and kill as fast as possible. But defensively it definitely is better with certain immunities and damage reduction. I'll add it to a section to improve defense (at the cost of some clear speed) for those who prefer the old style of playing with stun and using Tidebreaker as an option (it's still probably pretty expensive with 6L corrupt Fortify).

EDIT: Also, there's a problem with accuracy if you don't pick Impact in ascendancy and you'll need tree and gear to cap that (multimod with hits cannot be evaded or something). Not to mention the loss of a lot of AOE from Impact as well. Forgoing Overwhelm loses out on a lot of crit chance. Going the leech route and sacrificing Headsman and Bane of legend means you lose dmg against boss, clear speed and 20% cull as well.

If you're willing to test out your version in 3.10, feel free to give an update as well!
A filthy casual
Last edited by Hologram_o on Mar 10, 2020, 5:25:26 AM
Skull Cracking node give you normal 10% Culling Strike So 2 point for another 10% it is not worth my opinion. With accuracy there is no problem with precision and Ice Golem, one item is enough.

Another thing is you can give up Headsman for Impact, the difference on single target is 15% more to 20% more. We lose an additional 10% on kill but with good gear it is not a problem and such a colossal difference.

In addition, having over leech we can have node "increased damage when leeching" on rings, an amulet and gloves. And ram are cool values because of what I remember up to 40% per item.
Last edited by loczek123 on Mar 10, 2020, 6:11:11 AM
Maybe a stupid question, but why not impale on these 2h/1h stun builds? I thought it was almost mandatory for physical builds. What am I missing?
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
"
PaganDK wrote:
Maybe a stupid question, but why not impale on these 2h/1h stun builds? I thought it was almost mandatory for physical builds. What am I missing?

I believe that attack speed isn't fast enough (like other builds who attack so fast that a lot of impales is inflicted in just seconds). This is about hitting hard enough in each hit to stun, so attack speed, while important enough to feel smooth, isn't the top priority. Too fast means that average hit is low => can't stun. Too slow means movement is slow, mapping is slow, and murdered by Unwavering mobs. I prefer the balance between attack speed and total DPS.
A filthy casual
"
loczek123 wrote:
Skull Cracking node give you normal 10% Culling Strike So 2 point for another 10% it is not worth my opinion. With accuracy there is no problem with precision and Ice Golem, one item is enough.

Another thing is you can give up Headsman for Impact, the difference on single target is 15% more to 20% more. We lose an additional 10% on kill but with good gear it is not a problem and such a colossal difference.

In addition, having over leech we can have node "increased damage when leeching" on rings, an amulet and gloves. And ram are cool values because of what I remember up to 40% per item.

Sure,Skull Cracking gives 10% Cull, but that's only if you can stun - it's useless against Unwavering mobs. Also Bane of Legends give more movement speed/attack speed for map clear. I admit, it's not really great against bosses with no adds other than the 20% cull that is always present. This cull also applies to Unwavering mobs, so it's pretty big.

Impact, Overwhelm, Endless Hunger and Brutal Fervor is fair, giving more defense.
A filthy casual
Everything updated for 3.10 and ready for play at league start.
A filthy casual
"
Hologram_o wrote:
"
PaganDK wrote:

I believe that attack speed isn't fast enough (like other builds who attack so fast that a lot of impales is inflicted in just seconds). This is about hitting hard enough in each hit to stun, so attack speed, while important enough to feel smooth, isn't the top priority. Too fast means that average hit is low => can't stun. Too slow means movement is slow, mapping is slow, and murdered by Unwavering mobs. I prefer the balance between attack speed and total DPS.

Well I got the POB that can calculate impale now and just by adding impale instead of pulverise you add 700k DPS (that is without changing anything on the tree).
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info