[3.10] The Saviour Flicker Strike Champion. All content down.

Hi Incredible,

First of all, thank you for the guide! I've had a blast melting bosses and clearing maps/simulacrums with this build. However, i do seem to lag alot when i juice up maps with 4 scarabs and sextants + delirium, to the point where my ping shoots through the roof and i kept backtracking, but i'm not sure whether this is a common issue with all builds or it has something to do with flicker strike.

I also seem to die alot when dealing with bosses with phases such as sirus A8/uber elders. For the usual boss, i just pop vaal molten shell, 2 vaal double strike and 2 vaal ancestral totems and 1 flicker strike(for the fortify effect) to melt bosses. But with those two bosses (esp sirus), i kept dying to his corridor and the spinning lasers(it slows my leap slam down). Him teleporting around regularly does not help either as it prevents me from ramping up my dmg with impale. As for uber elder, there's so many things to keep track of and i don't dare to flicker strike to clear the ads as i'm scared i might flicker into shaper's deadly laser or some 1HKO skills.

As of now, I'm still following your build without the cluster jewels and these are my gears. Still working on getting currency to get a watcher's eye for the 2 pride/impale skills to get 100% impale. (even though dmg doesn't seem to be an issue now).

I did crafted/bought some cluster jewels to test with, the numbers ramp up by a margin but it also took chunks of my hp and attack speed away so i wasn't really comfortable with that.

Also last question, i was wondering if HH would be viable on this build as i have heard many saying that it is a must try item, even though adjusting to it would be a pain in the a as my resistance are currently very tight now.
"
prodarkjjang wrote:
Hi Incredible,

First of all, thank you for the guide! I've had a blast melting bosses and clearing maps/simulacrums with this build. However, i do seem to lag alot when i juice up maps with 4 scarabs and sextants + delirium, to the point where my ping shoots through the roof and i kept backtracking, but i'm not sure whether this is a common issue with all builds or it has something to do with flicker strike.

I also seem to die alot when dealing with bosses with phases such as sirus A8/uber elders. For the usual boss, i just pop vaal molten shell, 2 vaal double strike and 2 vaal ancestral totems and 1 flicker strike(for the fortify effect) to melt bosses. But with those two bosses (esp sirus), i kept dying to his corridor and the spinning lasers(it slows my leap slam down). Him teleporting around regularly does not help either as it prevents me from ramping up my dmg with impale. As for uber elder, there's so many things to keep track of and i don't dare to flicker strike to clear the ads as i'm scared i might flicker into shaper's deadly laser or some 1HKO skills.

As of now, I'm still following your build without the cluster jewels and these are my gears. Still working on getting currency to get a watcher's eye for the 2 pride/impale skills to get 100% impale. (even though dmg doesn't seem to be an issue now).

I did crafted/bought some cluster jewels to test with, the numbers ramp up by a margin but it also took chunks of my hp and attack speed away so i wasn't really comfortable with that.

Also last question, i was wondering if HH would be viable on this build as i have heard many saying that it is a must try item, even though adjusting to it would be a pain in the a as my resistance are currently very tight now.

Thanks for the kind words. Im glad you are having fun :)

The lags are tied to flicker strike when lots of stuff is going on. There is not much we can do about it sadly.

Sirus and Uber Elder are pure mechanical fights. You will have to practice them. On a build like this that prefers to keep enemies dead you have to live the "dont get hit 5head" lifestyle.

Yea cluster jewels are hard to fit in.

Headhunter can be used but does not increase the clearspeed by a lot. You are getting invulnerable though in juiced maps with lots of rares.
For the resistances that should not be the problem. After the first few you should be capped through buffs. You can possibly get some resistance on jewels though.

If you have any other questions feel free to hit me up.
Clawbased supp + carry guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2116480
Molten strike brightbeak nonsense guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2067539
"
prodarkjjang wrote:
Hi Incredible,

Sirus is a bitch on a melee build it seems. My league starter was a under 5ex poison bv assa with whom I barely ever died against A8 Sirus. Now with 150ish ex worth of gear on this build I'm struggling with the fight. Pretty much destroying rest of the content.

I feel you on the lag. I'm also crashing to desktop and sometimes getting booted out of the server.

With cluster jewels I just went with one large and used the 2 sockets for life/crit multi/stat/res jewels as it gave me the a good balance of damage and life without giving anything important up. 5,5k life seems to be a magic number where random 1 shots aren't constant.

I think I'm pretty much done with the league, might come back in a few weeks to test some stuff out. League mechanic is very stressful and my hands are hurting from picking up the diarrhea stream of loot it's spewing out.
Can this build facetank T16 delirium, simulacrum etc.?
"
Dimin1shed wrote:
Can this build facetank T16 delirium, simulacrum etc.?

no
hi everyone

First of all @ incredible, great post, absolute love this build. In fact, i just transitioned from my lacerate gladiator to this today following everything you are doing.

I would need some severe help though, I get 1-shot immediately by t16 bosses and my POB shows that i have 150 k damage. I know some of my gears aren't as end-game as the high end version but I do believe i have some decent gears.

I also have significant mana issues as well..Any pointers and guidance would really, really be very helpful.

Here is my POB if it helps: https://pastebin.com/JJcLJ9As
"
coldplate wrote:
hi everyone

First of all @ incredible, great post, absolute love this build. In fact, i just transitioned from my lacerate gladiator to this today following everything you are doing.

I would need some severe help though, I get 1-shot immediately by t16 bosses and my POB shows that i have 150 k damage. I know some of my gears aren't as end-game as the high end version but I do believe i have some decent gears.

I also have significant mana issues as well..Any pointers and guidance would really, really be very helpful.

Here is my POB if it helps: https://pastebin.com/JJcLJ9As

For the mana problem an enlighten 3 should fix most. Enlighten 4 will give enough to not worry about it at all. The 10-20 extra mana is enough to recover your mana while teleporting.

For bosses try to always have VMS up when you engage them. The duration should last longer than any boss without phases.

For bosses with phases the truth is "dont get hit 5head". Its not a build to facetank everything :D
Thanks for the response bro. My damage is not near yours though despite my gears, and also if I have 94 chance on hit where should I cap it?

I noticed your high end version has 27k armor but I have 10k with similar gears, same with physical damage reduction

Would you be able to take a quick look at my pob?
"
coldplate wrote:
Thanks for the response bro. My damage is not near yours though despite my gears, and also if I have 94 chance on hit where should I cap it?

I noticed your high end version has 27k armor but I have 10k with similar gears, same with physical damage reduction

Would you be able to take a quick look at my pob?

Your character is private. Go into your account settings so that I can take a look.
Thank you very much for your help bro.

My POB is: https://pastebin.com/C4yax1ZZ

Should be good to view now

~ Update ~

I updated the POB and I'm now very similiar to your gears, but I don't understand how my flicker strike DPS (with fortify boots and tailwind) is so different from yours with all my config set-up properly, as I'm just at around 2.2 mil dps.

The other issue is mana sustain, with level 4 enlighten it seems that i only have 88 un-reserved, and it is difficult combining it with leap slap and double strike as well.

One more final question is it does rubberband and stutter and lag a lot as some folks have mentioned. I imagine this is inevitable, my FPS is capped at 60 and I play on a laptop, but generally speaking would lockmode or predictive be better? I noticed that in predictive, i tend to miss my hits somewhat and desync, while lockmode i hit everything generally but its very laggy on big packs (without fully sexants and juiced up maps)

Other than that, amazing build and I've dumped more than 400 ex. Just hope I can beef up survivability and mana sustain and that'll be all!

Thank you so much brother
Last edited by coldplate on Apr 25, 2020, 11:40:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info