Arctic Armour

So, after Arctic Armour changes in 2.0, does it still work AFTER fire resistance and physical damage reduction?
Please, someone answer. I need confirmation for my build.
IGN: MegaSplasz
As has been mentioned multiples times already, Arctic Armour is calculated way at the end.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
As has been mentioned multiples times already, Arctic Armour is calculated way at the end.

Thank you for the answer. I saw it explained, but it was before Arctic Armour got changed in 2.0. I just couldn't find the information about how Arctic Armour acts against fire damage.
IGN: MegaSplasz
Last edited by Jaari on Sep 18, 2015, 2:49:11 PM
"
Casia wrote:
"
Noburu wrote:
Does flickerstrike count as being stationary? You don't leave chilled ground between hops like you do with leap slam.

I "don't" think so. Its a movement skill. Anyone have a good idea how we could test this?

I believe Flicker Strike does count as being stationary because the use of the skill does not cause you to take extra bleeding damage when bleeding.
(This was already confirmed with Lightning Warp where it was 'cheaper' to warp around with AA on rather than running which would inflict a higher mana degen)
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Sep 17, 2015, 10:02:45 PM
using this on my ice crasher soultaker_swe in warbands league. works perfectly with ice crash as i am always stationary when attacking.

don't really notice any difference with this on or off. a 10% difference in damage taken is impossible to tell so i can't give a rating but i assume it is working correctly.

quality for this gem is +1% increased Skill Effect Duration/quality. not very good or useful.
"
n3xx wrote:
I just want to say that the change made so that the skill just acts like a normal aura is boring... before this the skill was an interesting thing to build around, it was a way to actively degen your mana and that was cool, I was thinking about doing something with lavianga's spirit and having a way to actively keep from topping up my mana pool would of been a neat thing to use ( I know i could use Shavronne's Revelation but it's different because you can't use your mana at all)

Now it's just another boring aura.... and honestly having it engage and disengage with movement is just kinda stupid cause you don't know exactly when things are being mitigated and when they are not, it's very strange IMO.

this. I just started playing again after a long break and this change leaves me scratching my head. it was a powerful skill but you had to dedicate. now it seems just... boring.
Last edited by Bataille on Sep 28, 2015, 6:16:06 AM
To be honest, the change to a mana reservation didn't make that much of a difference... Given that, while in theory, it worked very differently, in PRACTICE... Everyone just ran Clarity SPECIFICALLY to fund AA, so it wound up being, INDIRECTLY, a mana reservation... Just a flat one, rather than percentile... So it strangely benefited those with large mana pools better, namely spellcasters.

So in spite of being chiefly DEX, a DEX-based attacker (such an an archer) would've found the old Arctic Armor entirely out of reach for them; it was a spellcaster gem, which made no sense for a green gem.

It still has a distinct feel to it, and a distinct choice, ESPECIALLY with the end of the "everyone runs Reduced Mana aura stacking" meta. Now everyone has an option to take it, at the cost of other options. (and especially so given the lower number of auras most builds take, it's always a hard sell to give up more offense in the name of defense)

As far as the stat changes... I do agree that perhaps the numbers are a LITTLE low, or at least, the fact that it works on physical damage AFTER armor makes it far weaker. Adding that quality bonus for movement speed would've given it too much utility; I'd rather see the duration bonus actually scale the chill duration, if possible... Or even a chance to freeze.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
ACGIFT wrote:
To be honest, the change to a mana reservation didn't make that much of a difference... Given that, while in theory, it worked very differently, in PRACTICE... Everyone just ran Clarity SPECIFICALLY to fund AA, so it wound up being, INDIRECTLY, a mana reservation... Just a flat one, rather than percentile... So it strangely benefited those with large mana pools better, namely spellcasters.

So in spite of being chiefly DEX, a DEX-based attacker (such an an archer) would've found the old Arctic Armor entirely out of reach for them; it was a spellcaster gem, which made no sense for a green gem.

It still has a distinct feel to it, and a distinct choice, ESPECIALLY with the end of the "everyone runs Reduced Mana aura stacking" meta. Now everyone has an option to take it, at the cost of other options. (and especially so given the lower number of auras most builds take, it's always a hard sell to give up more offense in the name of defense)

As far as the stat changes... I do agree that perhaps the numbers are a LITTLE low, or at least, the fact that it works on physical damage AFTER armor makes it far weaker. Adding that quality bonus for movement speed would've given it too much utility; I'd rather see the duration bonus actually scale the chill duration, if possible... Or even a chance to freeze.
Pretty good points.

In a way I feel the best fit for this skill would be to run a percentage of base mana per second as drain, with an increased percentage while moving (but the damage reduction still works while moving), instead of the reservation. This would actually benefit "pure Clarity" users most (for example, an archer) while actually making it quite difficult to run on a character with loads of mana at their disposal.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I was always a fan of the percentage drain solution, or a slowing of mana regen specifically, so that flasks and leech aren't effected which are both dex leaning.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Dugal wrote:
Does anyone know if arctic armour counts as you doing the chill? I.e. will it proc the "enemies chilled by you take 40% increased burning damage" benefit on the dyadus unique infernal axe?
Would love a dev response if possible please Mark.
Being on chilled ground is not the same as being chilled by another entity. You need to directly apply chill to the enemy for that bonus to apply, not place chilled ground that affects it.

Is this still the case with the new direct chill effect of AA?
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Arctic Armour directly applying chill to enemies counts as you chilling them. The chilled ground is still not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info