Arctic Armour

"
Lionguild wrote:
I have a question for you mark. Or any dev.

Will the damage reduced by Arctic Armour count towards the amount required to explode for Molten Shell?
Yes
Well i have been looking more at this skill during this days and i finally know why it never felt good to me, it is 2 skills of opposite use forced into a single skill.

let me explain with a example:
The blood magic support gem gives a quality bonus of attack speed on low life, imagine that it is changed into adding that AS bonus on full life. That would leave you at a crossroad, using the skill gives allows you to use your attached skill but not using it gives you a bonus to AS.

Something like that happens with this skill.

The damage block is a tanking ability, it works best on a character with heavy armor who will stay and get hit a lot, while the ice path is a evasive and movement ability that only really works if you are moving a lot. If you use the tanking part of the skill you dont take advantage of the ice path and if you use the ice path you dont take advantage of the damage block (if you are evading and moving you wont get hit too much).

So ggg should decide 1 side, or make it a tanking skill, removing the ice path and improving the damage block (probably adding a 30% or more MS penalty), or a evasive skill, improve the ice path and remove the damage block and the on movement extra cost.

Or just divide it in 2 skills.
If' Increased area of Effect' whould work on this skill it whould become very good :)
"
Adser wrote:
Well i have been looking more at this skill during this days and i finally know why it never felt good to me, it is 2 skills of opposite use forced into a single skill.

let me explain with a example:
The blood magic support gem gives a quality bonus of attack speed on low life, imagine that it is changed into adding that AS bonus on full life. That would leave you at a crossroad, using the skill gives allows you to use your attached skill but not using it gives you a bonus to AS.

Something like that happens with this skill.

The damage block is a tanking ability, it works best on a character with heavy armor who will stay and get hit a lot, while the ice path is a evasive and movement ability that only really works if you are moving a lot. If you use the tanking part of the skill you dont take advantage of the ice path and if you use the ice path you dont take advantage of the damage block (if you are evading and moving you wont get hit too much).

So ggg should decide 1 side, or make it a tanking skill, removing the ice path and improving the damage block (probably adding a 30% or more MS penalty), or a evasive skill, improve the ice path and remove the damage block and the on movement extra cost.

Or just divide it in 2 skills.

The ice patch is great for tanking because it chills the mobs you are engaged with thus lowering their dps another 30%. the movement aspect of laying ice costs so much man for what it does that it is only good as a short GTFO helper to give an initial slow to mobs chasing you.
Is the Icepath slow relative to monster level? Otherwise it might be worthwile leaving this at lvl 1 for the monster slow :)
i would like to ask Dev's about some mechanics, or maybe some players have tested it:

how does AA influence burning damage? or it doesnt at all? i was wondering if with low enough life it can negate the burning dmg from rightous fire?
Last edited by Ellohir on Mar 22, 2013, 1:18:15 PM
edit: sry, double posted by mistake
Last edited by Ellohir on Mar 22, 2013, 1:17:52 PM
I have a question about mechanics of Arctic Armour.
At what point in calculations of damage are its reductions applied?
I assume that it is applied to the damage instances that are already modified by damage increase, more damage, critical strikes, curses on target etc. Is it applied before the damage instance is reduced by armor/endurance charges/resistances or after?
this skill have made flame totem spec complete and utter shit, you cant have a skill that cant even dmg some monsters at all fix this shit
"
whiteboba wrote:
this skill have made flame totem spec complete and utter shit, you cant have a skill that cant even dmg some monsters at all fix this shit
i'm sorry, how does your arctic armor hinder your flame totems?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info