|3.12 Starter| Self-Poisoning Blade Vortex Assasin | Achieved 1k MvmSpeed | Awakener 8 | all content

EDIT: GGG FIXED SELF-POISON!
Videos
Spoiler

3.11 recordings
Minotaur with hard mods (budget version of the build)
https://youtu.be/UBgT9waxbmY Recorded on standard after the patch notes

3.10 recordings
First Sirus of the league:
https://youtu.be/WqWX65FwlRk

The most movement speed you can get in the game currently (using poison sextant)
https://youtu.be/R8nhtjObQao

General Info
Spoiler

The build mechanic is to poison yourself using The Golden Rule while not losing life (Maw of Conquest)
Doing so we can get chaos res capped, get bonus max res, infinite MoM, immunity to Poison conqueror.

3.12 "stuff"
Spoiler

tbh nothing has changed at all. Build is completly fine, alternative quant is kinda okay.

3.11 stuff
Spoiler

Nothing to discuss to be honest, build is looking even better with new Perfect Agony location. PoB has been updated by my friend and is ready for some Stardew Valley league action.

3.10 stuff
Spoiler

09.03.2020 Few days before patch notes, new notables seems like a huge buff (low tolerance is amazing).
10.03.2020 We just got the list of notables, seems like a huge buff, also changes our endgame gear setup just a bit. i will write everything down whenever we get patch notes.
11.03.2020 Patch notes are realeased, working on pob (probably will make 2 versions of the tree: 1st using the new jewel and 2nd without them).
11.03.2020 Just updated POB small changes can be made before the start but thats pretty much it

Path of Building
Spoiler

Make sure to use PoB Fork!
https://pastebin.com/jQb8cRKs There are 9 different versions of the tree. For budget league starter version use "Non-Devo" and slowly move on when u get richer.
Thanks Łukasz for OP min-maxing!

For the boyz with infinite budget
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/PXqFew1g fully min-maxed version with mirror tier items made by Nyalee. If you have any questions bout this version or you think you could improve it even more contact him @Verbalpenetrator in game.

Pros and Cons
Spoiler

-Very Cheap to start
-Extremly tanky (tankiness section)
-Has good min max potential with the new hunter influence
-Awakener 8 deathless viable
-Very satisfying clear with poison prolif (gear section)
-BV is not for everyone you must precast it
-Hard to lvl up
-Weapon swap if you want to oneshot conqueror (map bosses are getting oneshot even without it)

Gear
Spoiler

Your general core items are:
-The Golden Rule (Self poisoning)
-Apep's Slumber (Benefits from it)
-Maw of Conquest (Immunity to poison damage)
-Bino's Kitchen Knife (Poison prolif, use it for map clear)
-Cold Iron Point (+3 to BV the question is why wouldnt you take it)
-Carcass Jack (decent life, decent res, decent es bigger BV, theres no better option)
-Coralito's Signature (Free keystone which gives us 25% more dmg, again why not)
3.11 Follow the PoB items, they change with each version of the tree
Rares
Spoiler

Try to get as much life as possible, energy shield is also fine since we are using eldrich battery combined with MoM.
Rares should always cap your resistances but when you got some good rings/amulet you can buy/craft yourself :
- Gloves with "Chaos Damage Over Time Multiplayer"
- Boots with "Poisons you inflict deal damage 10% faster' (that's 10% more damage btw)
Important!
- Replace Maw of Conquest with Devouring Diadem 3.11 Antivenom got changed do it whenever you can afford "Unaffected by Poison while affected by Malevolence" watchers eye

Gem Links
Spoiler

All the link are in PoB no need to put them here.
If you dont have PoB on your computer you should go get it asap.
https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding/releases

Tankiness
Spoiler

You may ask yourself how is this build any type of tanky? It has only 6k life which doesnt seem like alot.
Answer
-30% of damage taken from our infinite mana.
-Enemies are blinded.
-Enemies are chilled.
-Full heal if you kill anything
-78% max res (like we had perf loreweave but we dont).
-chaos res capped.
-fortify.
-CWDT Steelskin
-Dot playstyle (if you perform full burst on metamorph you can start running around waiting for him to die)

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Everything is in PoB but the order is:
-Mistwalker
-Noxious Strike
-Toxic Delivery
-Opportunistic

Flasks
Spoiler

For Flasks you should be always using:
-Eternal life flask or Blood of the karui whatever u prefer
-Quartz flask
-Quicksilver flask
-Diamond Flask
-Sin's Rebirth

Last edited by Apikai on Sep 26, 2020, 1:47:23 PM
Last bumped on Jan 28, 2021, 8:10:22 AM
Thanks for this. Once I got going with it, I just really don't die. DPS is fine, survivability is much better than my summoner. Good show!
Why Apeps and not another CIP?
Great build, Apep/self-poison/EB interaction is pretty smart. Got a couple questions:

- Can I assume the omission of Elusive in the PoB is just a mistake?
- I see your current setup is using an Obliteration instead of a Bino's, was the poison prolif not working out?
- Have you considered dropping Maw of Conquest and using the Soul of Shakari pantheon for poison immunity?

In the hopes that any upcoming Assassin nerfs don't hurt the build too much, I'd like to get a few practice runs in before 3.10 - do you have any suggestions on when to switch from ED/Contagion/Bane to BV? From some preliminary PoB testing, the build shouldn't have any issues with a 4-link in white maps damage-wise despite being in a league-start situation (ie. essentially naked outside magic flasks).
"
VerminSun wrote:
Great build, Apep/self-poison/EB interaction is pretty smart. Got a couple questions:

- I see your current setup is using an Obliteration instead of a Bino's, was the poison prolif not working out?
- Have you considered dropping Maw of Conquest and using the Soul of Shakari pantheon for poison immunity?

In the hopes that any upcoming Assassin nerfs don't hurt the build too much, I'd like to get a few practice runs in before 3.10 - do you have any suggestions on when to switch from ED/Contagion/Bane to BV? From some preliminary PoB testing, the build shouldn't have any issues with a 4-link in white maps damage-wise despite being in a league-start situation (ie. essentially naked outside magic flasks).

Soul of Shakari makes you immune, so poison can't be inflicted on you at all. You won't get any stacks reflected on you.

The options are Maw of Conquest, Malevolence + Unaffected by Poison with Malevolence Watcher's Eye, and Chaos Inoculation so you are immune to the poison damage.
"
oPlaiD wrote:

Soul of Shakari makes you immune, so poison can't be inflicted on you at all. You won't get any stacks reflected on you.

Good point, I retract that thought.
"
VerminSun wrote:

Hey! Sorry for not answering for so long i didnt think anyone would be so intersted in playing this build before patch notes ;p. So:
- Elusive buff is more of a movement speed and cool utility thing it just makes the game smooth +The buff effect is not easy to be calculated since its getting weaker the more time you have it on you.
- I think u are looking at my Standard test build. The bino's knife was an improvement i did on League. Be sure to look at the right char @apiBVRouterAssasin
- Dont ever do it Maw of Conquest gives you "Unaffected by Poison" which means you still get the debuff but its not dealing damage. However Soul of shakari is straight up "Immune to poisons" that means you wont get any benefits from apep's and golden rule.

I pretty much went poison right before maps. About 4-link : there should be no such situation as having a 4-link with this build. At level 50 you can equip The embalmer (unique gloves with built-in 20 Vile toxins) thats a free 5-link. Avarge cost of those gloves is 1c btw :P.

i'll try to reply faster to be honest i didnt think anyone would comment this thread. Got a nice surprise 1 week before league start

-Api
Last edited by Apikai on Mar 7, 2020, 8:30:45 AM
"
aldric42 wrote:
Thanks for this. Once I got going with it, I just really don't die. DPS is fine, survivability is much better than my summoner. Good show!

Hey, thanks you for nice words !

-Api
Last edited by Apikai on Jun 6, 2020, 4:17:28 PM
great looking build, I've always wanted to try BV and this is looking like a very strong league start. The only thing I'm wondering about is actually starting. in your POB you say to use ED/CONT/BANE. do we still follow the same skill tree? what items should we prio to make it as smooth as possible? any tips you could provide as far as leveling goes? thanks again for the build <3
Soooooooooooo hype for this, after a quick look at new 280 nodes, I see some might buff this build:
Septic Spells
Low Tolerance
Steady Torment (maybe?? we need to inflic bleed on enemy)
Student of Decay
Disease Vector
What do you guy think? I am sure trying this build in 3.10

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info