Burned out/tired of PoE - Looking for an alternative while waiting for Patches

Hey there,

Im afraid im starting to be a bit burned out with PoE.
No clue if its the current state of the Game (were a lot is just to much in terms of sudden Deaths and lack of QoL Features) or just "too much" of the same Game.

Sooooo

Im looking for some Ideas what to play for a while.
I prefer Free-to-Play, but a small upfront cost is fine too.
Something similiar to PoE or anything MMO-like.
While I love to Play MMOs, I barely ever play in groups, so Solo playability would be nice.^^

Ive heard the classic Names like Wolcen and Grim Dawn but wasnt ojn the hook yet.
Maybe someone got a new input for me for either of them?

In the End im really open to anything and just dont know where to start looking.

Whats your guys Go-To-Game when you need a Switch?

Kind Regards!
Last bumped on Feb 14, 2020, 11:10:07 PM
Grim Dawn is good if you like playing solo. Compared to POE there's not a great deal to do in the endgame but playing through the story mode a few times makes for a good break.

I wouldn't bother with Wolcen, it's in a perpetual state of being far from ready for release.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Jan 9, 2020, 1:18:51 PM
Maggot baits
Last edited by elesham4ever on Feb 15, 2020, 3:41:57 AM
City of heroes is being played again by a lot of people.

It's a lot more social than POE, which is a plus. The costume and character options are also waaaaaaayyyyyyy beyond what you can find in POE, in case you like making interesting characters with thematic / background elements to them.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Final Cut. Give it a try You will enjoy it.
I was playing a little "hades : battle out of hell" these days, pretty decent roguelike hack/slash rpg
Spreading salt since 2006
I would suggest avoiding the genre entirely for a while - I ended up revisiting older games like Fallout 4 and Mass Effect 3. After coming back to clean up standard stash a bit, I'm finally accepting that it's just too repetitive - like enjoying torchlight 2 for a bit but losing interest in the endless cycle of mindless mapping in the pursuit of virtual wealth.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
I would suggest avoiding the genre entirely for a while - I ended up revisiting older games like Fallout 4 and Mass Effect 3.

Older games... Try Fallot 2 with Restoration Pack - that is real RPG game.
"
de99ial wrote:
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
I would suggest avoiding the genre entirely for a while - I ended up revisiting older games like Fallout 4 and Mass Effect 3.

Older games... Try Fallot 2 with Restoration Pack - that is real RPG game.

I played 1 and 2 a lot over the years, tactics a few times as well as 3 and NV. Given the amount of bugs in 4, its only its "updated" engine that got me replaying it for a while. It's just hard to go back to NV's better story line after getting acquainted with 4's combat, albeit modded.
Yep, totally over league play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info