[3.11] LL Vortex Occultist (endgame/deep delve optimized)

"
Grozaa wrote:
"
TeXpla wrote:
Thanks a lot for this build.

I invested around 20-25 EX and im pretty much happy about the build. Of course there's a looot of improvement room for it but i think for now im in a good place to start bossing and getting more currency.

I took a view to a lot of poe.ninja players and most of them play with Frostbite-Elemental Weakness with the Blasphemy support instead of Enfeeble and Temporal Chains

Any opinion about that, or its just a personal matter?

Thanks

It's very simple - Frostbite+Ele Weakness is the choice for people who care mostly about damage, and enfeeble+temp chains is for those who value tankiness and survivability more.
`

Thanks a lot for such a quick answer.

I'm right now playing the variant with shaper ring and prism guardian, but really considering to switch to yours (As far as i saw its not a big swap, just some stuff). I play with a skill tree really similar to yours too.

EDIT: I saw a previous post you did with some upgrade/variants and i'm taking it to transition from my build to yours once i get some currency^^ I made a PoB with my current gear and how could be with yours and i like it quite more :)

And yes, my weapon is such a crap :P Working on crafting!
Again thanks for your work!
Last edited by TeXpla on Feb 6, 2020, 9:07:21 AM
I like crafting and would like to upgrade my gear that way. But is it only the wand that I should avoid crafting.
I craft everything except wand so far and I can do much better just wondering what my odds are
Last edited by weppe1337 on Feb 7, 2020, 12:31:46 PM
"
weppe1337 wrote:
I like crafting and would like to upgrade my gear that way. But is it only the wand that I should avoid crafting.
I craft everything except wand so far and I can do much better just wondering what my odds are

Your gear already looks solid, I'd say try to craft a better helmet. As I said crafting wand is rather difficult, but the one you have right now is ok too, you can keep it the way it is.

For crafting the helmet since you already have a good base I'd say try to first get good quality with perfect fossil and afterwards use dense+frigid, ideally look for 300+ES and enemies -9cold res, of course int/resists would be good too.
Last edited by Grozaa on Feb 7, 2020, 1:07:02 PM
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
weppe1337 wrote:

Your gear already looks solid, I'd say try to craft a better helmet. As I said crafting wand is rather difficult, but the one you have right now is ok too, you can keep it the way it is.

For crafting the helmet since you already have a good base I'd say try to first get good quality with perfect fossil and afterwards use dense+frigid, ideally look for 300+ES and enemies -9cold res, of course int/resists would be good too.

yea bought the helm base yesterday and just spammed some alchs on it before I went to bed. Gonna try and craft a better one now so wish me good luck. Thanks for the reply!
I blew 3500 chaos orbs to craft a helm. I had to settle with this one for now.. Hit 30%quality on second try though lol
"
weppe1337 wrote:
I blew 3500 chaos orbs to craft a helm. I had to settle with this one for now.. Hit 30%quality on second try though lol

That must've been quite unfortunate. I'd say on average something reasonable appears every 20-30 attempts, but that would be 200-300 chaos rather than 3500. But I suppose that's how crafting goes in this game sometimes, you never know if the rng is going to be a bless or a curse.
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
weppe1337 wrote:

That must've been quite unfortunate. I'd say on average something reasonable appears every 20-30 attempts, but that would be 200-300 chaos rather than 3500. But I suppose that's how crafting goes in this game sometimes, you never know if the rng is going to be a bless or a curse.

Yea I was amazed over how bad the rolls turned out tbh. But to be fair I got alot of the "right" mods, just a bit picky with the numbers. And in the end I probably ended up with a less succesfull craft compared to what I rolled over a few times.

I have very low single target dps. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong tbh.
Manually casting cold snaps on bosses while having vortex up(multiple vortex drops doesn't stack right?). What else is there? Vaal cold snap when it's available.. keeping EO buff up..don't know if it's just a safe bosser or if I am underestimating the damage output
"
weppe1337 wrote:
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
weppe1337 wrote:

Yea I was amazed over how bad the rolls turned out tbh. But to be fair I got alot of the "right" mods, just a bit picky with the numbers. And in the end I probably ended up with a less succesfull craft compared to what I rolled over a few times.

I have very low single target dps. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong tbh.
Manually casting cold snaps on bosses while having vortex up(multiple vortex drops doesn't stack right?). What else is there? Vaal cold snap when it's available.. keeping EO buff up..don't know if it's just a safe bosser or if I am underestimating the damage output

Well, looking at your POB you have about 800k shaper dps. In comparison, my character has 1.2m . Is it enough to melt endgame bosses within split seconds like some 4k life builds can potentially do? Certainly not. But it should be enough to do just fine, given that this is primarily tanky build. Probably the key to mantaining max dps is for you to make sure you always keep EO and EE active. Having frost bomb active and bonechill effect from cold snap make a difference too. And, especially if you are running those t16s etc. on awakening level 8, probably try to avoid things like monster elemental resistance as map mod since they scale to like 50-60 res and this build doesn't have elemental penetration.
Sorry if this is covered already, but what are recommended pantheon choices? I saw you mentioned Shakari to someone else on another reply so I'm guessing that is good for minor choice.
"
manipulos wrote:
Sorry if this is covered already, but what are recommended pantheon choices? I saw you mentioned Shakari to someone else on another reply so I'm guessing that is good for minor choice.

Recommended pantheon choices are:
Major: Soul of Lunaris
Minor: Soul of Shakari

I have placed those choices in POB, though I'm not sure if they are visible in official Openarl's pob since I'm using a fork but just to mention it might be there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info