[3.9] Self-Cast Ice Nova Necromancer - Millions of DPS, Great AOE, and Tanky! - All content

Hi, Thanks for a great build, thinking of upgrading the armour to the one you recommend. Only problem is that 6 linked with all stats you want is like 20ex+. So my question is, can the crafted mod be put on all armours or do I have to be careful and now about prefix/suffix mods? I'm really bad at crafting. Then I can buy a armour around 10ex and craft the mod on it. Thanks in advance.
"
f0nko wrote:
Mate what do you think about Leash of Oblation belt and use all Offerings?

The unique belt has a lot of downside, so I decided not to use it.

First, it reduces the effectiveness of offering. A character who gain 1800 ES from spirit offering will now gain 1350 ES instead (assuming you have 25% increased effect of offering from the body armour). If the cast speed of ice nova is 6.0, you proc spirit offering every two casts of ice nova, so your ES gain per second is the following.

Without the unique belt: 1800*3 - 600*6 = 1800
With the unique belt: 1350*3 - 600*6 = 450

As you can see, your ES sustain becomes much worse.

Second, you'll consume many more corpses, so your cast speed easily exceed 8.0. If this happens, you can only proc spirit offering every 3 casts of ice nova. Lets say, your cast speed is now 9.0. Your ES gain on hit would be:

1350*3 - 600*9 = -1350.

So, you cannot sustain your ES. Of course, you can stop casting ice nova, but this reduces your QoL a lot.

Third, the unique belt doesn't have elemental or chaos resists. If you use this, capping chaos resist becomes very hard. In this league, chaos resist is important, especially for hybrid life/ES builds.

Finally, if you want to use all the offering, you have to use a lot of gems, like unearth/greater multiple projectiles/greater volley. So you'll have to give up arctic breath/power charge on hit/bonechill/frostbomb. I think your DPS will decrease, even though you gain much more cast speed.

"
kapefyra wrote:
Hi, Thanks for a great build, thinking of upgrading the armour to the one you recommend. Only problem is that 6 linked with all stats you want is like 20ex+. So my question is, can the crafted mod be put on all armours or do I have to be careful and now about prefix/suffix mods? I'm really bad at crafting. Then I can buy a armour around 10ex and craft the mod on it. Thanks in advance.

You don't have to look for a 6-linked armour. The cost of 6-linking is about 3.5 ex now, if you choose the crafting recipe or fated connections. The crafted mod "gain 10% of maximum life as extra energy shield" is a prefix mod, so look for a body armour with an open prefix. You can also consider buying a 6-mod body chest and use an orb of annulment if it's cheap.
Last edited by N0esy on Jan 17, 2020, 12:17:52 PM
with this character the game is trivial - in your footsteps. Shaper, guards, Sirus included. With a tear in my eye I remember 2 leagues ago, bosses end gemu were unavailable to me.
Last edited by narval2113 on Jan 21, 2020, 9:21:01 PM
I was tempted by lethal pride, overlooked that it gives me armor, rolled on Melee Damage - does it not concern us? Looking for something else?
Is there a big different between Gain 9% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield and 10% one ? XD
I use 8% so far.
"
narval2113 wrote:
I was tempted by lethal pride, overlooked that it gives me armor, rolled on Melee Damage - does it not concern us? Looking for something else?

I got two "5% chance to deal double damage" mods from Lethal Pride. The idea was to freeze T16 metamorphs with the double damage. But I still can't consistently freeze them, so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

"
W_T_Fap wrote:
Is there a big different between Gain 9% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield and 10% one ? XD

For me the difference is 94 ES. It's not small, but not the end of the world, either.

"
narval2113 wrote:
I use 8% so far.

If you want me to craft the 10% mod, whisper me in game.
I tried the cyclone ball lightning build designed by you last league and thought that was the best build I have ever played.
I was wrong since you've made another masterpiece out of this game omg I love this build sooooo much!
Thank you mate!!
loving this build.
Made some changes with the thread of hope. Working good so far, just POB dont know yet how to handle it...XD

Just one question. In game, skill description shows as 3.2 Cast per second, saw all you guys saying 6 CPS. Is that right? its the reason you`ve said the animation only shows one?

Thank you.

PS.: Be carefull with the sextant map mod, "Players and monsters Take #% increased physical damage"....Forgot that this would count for the scold's damage
Last edited by VictorHeisenberg on Jan 20, 2020, 7:46:15 PM
"
ccav1211 wrote:
I tried the cyclone ball lightning build designed by you last league and thought that was the best build I have ever played.
I was wrong since you've made another masterpiece out of this game omg I love this build sooooo much!
Thank you mate!!

Have a question here, May i know if I want to self craft the chest armor, do you have any suggestion or guide? hope that does not bother since im just new to this game from last league, thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info