Dead 3.9 Chain Gun Necromancer: Sirus/Uber Elder/Shaper/Elder down

"
with greater spell echo you would still spend mana 5 times a second, it only adds a repeat to your spell that costs no extra time.

Yeah my main reason for using pledge would be currency, a decently rolled 6l pledge costs the same as a zero linked eclipse staff with the same PoB dps.
So I haven't used pledge of hands since a minion build I did a few leagues ago. So maybe greater doesn't effect your mana. I was just assuming because I am fairly certain that things like spell echo and multistrike do. If it does not effect your mana comsumed per second, then yeah its pefectly good to use. Tell me how it goes, if it works than I'll change my guide to show the best unique is pledge of hands. Because it would be easily.

Also

"
Yeah my main reason for using pledge would be currency, a decently rolled 6l pledge costs the same as a zero linked eclipse staff with the same PoB dps.

I bought my staff for 4 ex about 2 weeks into the league unlinked. At the time pledge of hands 6l were like 7 ex minimum. Is a mediocre staff like mine really so expensive?
What do you mean with "mana consumed"? Greater spell echo does make your spell more expensive to cast.

Playing around a bit with pledge of hand, downside is that greater spell echo locks you in place. I guess would feel a lot better with frostbolt + ice nova instead of purifiying flame.

"
I bought my staff for 4 ex about 2 weeks into the league unlinked. At the time pledge of hands 6l were like 7 ex minimum. Is a mediocre staff like mine really so expensive?

6l pledge is between 4 and 5 ex right now. Any unlinked eclipse staff that has the dps of the one you linked in PoB is 8ex or more.
Last edited by Zerber on Jan 13, 2020, 8:02:08 AM
as far as I know spell echo's repeated spells do not cost mana. So greater spell echo if it is the same adds 2 more spels per cast. So instead of it its 4. So thats half the mana consumed. That is what I mean. And also its upsurd a staff costs that much. You could fossil craft it or even just multimod it even post nerf and make a better staff than mine in 8 ex or even 5 ex atm.
I tested the build and I feel that... it's squishy as hell...
"
tamtunhubui wrote:

Perhaps you did something wrong in the build, but I facetanked most stuff until the last big bosses. Even then I still got hit a lot and was fine.
"
Legarto wrote:
"
tamtunhubui wrote:

Perhaps you did something wrong in the build, but I facetanked most stuff until the last big bosses. Even then I still got hit a lot and was fine.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/tamtunhubui/characters

This is my characters, ComebackAgain. Could you point out any mistake i made?
I checked carefully along pob link and I found nothing....
The only real difference I see is that you gear being worse means about 1k less life, which also means less ES. This still shouldn't make you squishy squishy as I assume you have probably around 6.5-7k effective hp. While I have killed the game with 6ishk HP on purifying flame, I wouldn't say I felt tanky at that level so I get it. But other than getting better gear I can't really give much advice. With what you have I believe you still should be able to run everything, its just you will have to dodge more than I did.

Two extra bits: make sure to cast up to stack up your ES before a boss or as you start a map, then you should be able to maintain it, but this will help you keep your ES shield on the whole time.

Also your flasks need some help. If you are feeling squishy I suggest a basalt flask and a cinderswallow urn should make you feel unkillable while clearing maps because it constantly refills your hp and es. You should not need a mana flask.
Thank you for your help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info