[3.9] Diabloyd's Avatar of Ballista (Fire Tornado or Barrage) / 7k Life / 6M+ Shaper DPS / Ez EG

Thanks for the guide! Decided to try it out, but since I'm a noob who's pretty much only played with spells, I'm not too familiar with important stats for attackers. My PoB is saying 13k dps, am I setting it up wrong? If not, what's causing such an enormous disparity in DPS?
"
Thanks for the guide! Decided to try it out, but since I'm a noob who's pretty much only played with spells, I'm not too familiar with important stats for attackers. My PoB is saying 13k dps, am I setting it up wrong? If not, what's causing such an enormous disparity in DPS?

I cant see your entire tree or use pob at work but, looking at your character, gear looks fine. I am still leveling and have worse gear and my pob says higher than 13k. I also believe the pob dps is per totem? Dont recall that it was fixed to show true dps with all totems out.

Things I noticed:
1. Alot of gems are not at least 20/20
2. Your koams is only 34% compared to his 40%
3. Tornado shot is less damage than barrage.

4. Are you sure your pob is setup correctly in the configuration tab.
4a. Are you using base PoB, or the Fork version. The forked version is better updated.
"

Sorry can't check your character right now, but I'll give some tips here.

If you've made the setup properly, then you should add "-59% fire res" in the configuration. Also Frenzy/Power charges, covered in ash, ignited, etc.

There are some other status that you'll be needing to add them yourself (check my PoB and you'll see how they are implemented):
1, "1% inc damage taken per totem" from the passives, which is 5% in total.
2, "17% inc damage taken" from Skitterbots' shock (do not check "is the enemy shocked" in the configuration).
3, Damage bonus from Arborix.

That being said, even with all these added correctly, Tornado's true dps in PoB is no where near accurate, I got like 20K Tornado DPS in PoB but in reality I can have around 3-4M.

To get an estimate DPS for Tornado's single target DPS, you should:
1, Add Barrage in said skill links.
2, Check "all projectiles" on the left while displaying Barrage's damage.
3, Multiply Barrage's DPS with roughly 70%
4, Multiply the number of your totems (by default, 5)

Although the true DPS might be much higher or much lower depending heavily on the situation, you'll get an idea of how much damage you can theoretically deal with Tornado in average.

"

I also believe the pob dps is per totem? Dont recall that it was fixed to show true dps with all totems out.

Yes, it's per totem.
"

Things I noticed:
1. Alot of gems are not at least 20/20
2. Your koams is only 34% compared to his 40%
3. Tornado shot is less damage than barrage.

Well kaom's increased fire damage doesn't matter that much.

"

4a. Are you using base PoB, or the Fork version. The forked version is better updated.

I didn't know there's a Fork version out there, wil try it out tonight. Thx for the info!
you do realize that TOTEMS can apply EE every hit, too, right? They DO use YOUR damage.
Last edited by bvanharjr on Jan 8, 2020, 11:12:20 AM
"
bvanharjr wrote:
you do realize that TOTEMS can apply EE every hit, too, right? They DO use YOUR damage.

Check the second reply on the first page.
@diabloyd My phone is being funky, cant quote right.

The fork implents alot of the missing stuff. I think some of the stuff you added is also implemented.

Not your build specifically, but the fork adds close combat and impale support, as an example that is still missing from standard pob (i think)

Also, this build is fun. It was a slog to 60, then it just skyrockets when you get arborix and xophs. Thanks for the guide.
Last edited by Tainted_Turkey on Jan 8, 2020, 11:50:02 AM
"
bvanharjr wrote:

/Picard facepalm meme
With Xoph's being so expensive on console, I've been using added lightning/added ice/wed/phys-to-lightning as a placeholder. It's working very well but I can tell it's going to drop off by endgame content.

Any recommendations from anyone on pushing this as far as possible without Xoph's and the fire conversion (and thus effectively using resist reduction and EE) while I try to get 6ex somewhere?
n/m
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 10, 2020, 12:39:08 PM
Never ran a totem build before but what maps can/can't do?
Can you explain how you made the helm? I've never crafted before

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info