Korea Realm problem is very serious . Please! We hope you could solve the server problem.

[ Korea Realm problem is very serious . Please! We hope you could solve the server problem. ]

Hello. I love POE and have been enjoying it before June 2019's opening of Daum Kakao.
I watched Natalia_GGG's tweet 21hours ago about the ping spike in US realm.
I'm also aware of significant patches coming next week.

Ref. My Post : POE News Translate to Korean >
"
Twitter @pathofexile We're keen to release a patch ASAP

https://blog.naver.com/eocsdev2/221758457603 = https://cafe.naver.com/poekorea/519770 = http://www.inven.co.kr/board/poe/5449/378
"
Reddit NA lag spikes? @Natalia_GGG's Answer

https://blog.naver.com/eocsdev2/221759491984

There have been ping spike issues in Korea servers for a week or two, especially when user numbers are at peak which is about 9 pm to after midnight.
On the weekends, the Korea (Seoul) Realm often goes down and even after server opens, players experience client stops while moving to the hideout.
The server problem of the Korea Realm has been going on for more than two weeks, and each Korean user community is developing a gradual disappointment.

As a big fan of POE and GGG, I also posted some articles on optimization process you can go through when running Path Of Exile.
I've shared ways to reduce lag as much as possible, but we know that the lag on the server itself are impossible to be fixed by the user.

Ref. My Post : How to Optimaze Windows for Games especially POE Series #1~#5 >
"

Today (Saturday time), server down occurred at PM 12:07.
Thankfully, Daum Kakao has guided the reporting method to identify the cause by collecting data through WINMTR.

But considering that this only occurs when users are concentrated, I think this is not a problem regarding Packet Loss / Ping / Hop / Trace route.
Consider how long it would take to collect & analyze WINMTR data and reflect it. Rather, I think there should be more focus on the obvious cause.

"
Due to server instability over the past one or two weeks, some users had to give up access or use other realms with high average pings.
Especially today, after Saturday PM 12:07 Korean time, Korea Realm was barely available, so we had to use Japanese, Singapore and US servers.
Again, the ping spikes of the Korea Realm only occur during peak hours or days of the week.

Of course, as a fan of GGG, I know that there are people on vacation and a lot of patches coming next week.
However, having been a user of the GGG and Path Of Exile prior to the Daum Kakao launch, and also as a gamer of other games from Daum Kakao,
many users like me who have transferred their accounts to DAUM KAKAO's Korea Realm with faith and trust are disappointed of this situation.

We hope that GGG and Daum Kakao will solve the fundamental server problem that occurs during the time when the number of users rapidly increase.
If there is a need for any feedback from users, such as identifying the cause of other problems, Korean users are always very willing to participate.

thanks you for your effort GGG & DAUM GAMES.

-A user who love POE so much

+---------------------+
[ Korean ] -----------+
+---------------------+

안녕하세요. POE를 좋아하고 다음카카오 오픈 이전부터 즐겨온 한국 유저입니다.
어제 미국 렐름의 핑 스파이크에 대한 Natalia_GGG님의 트위터 포스팅을 잘 보았습니다.
또한, 다음주로 예정중인 상당한(대규모?) 패치에 대한 소식도 잘 알고 있습니다.

"

한국 서버는 지난 1~2주간 지속해서 피크타임인 오후 9시에서 자정을 넘겨서 까지 핑 스파이크가 계속되고 있습니다.
주말에 한국 렐름은 종종 다운되었고 다운 이후에도 접속이 안되거나 접속이 되어도 은신처로 이동 중 멈추는 현상이 발생하고 있습니다.
이와 같은 한국 렐름의 서버 문제가 2주 이상 지속되고 있어서 각 한국 유저 커뮤니티에는 원성이 자자합니다 (실망이 커지고 있습니다.).

저는 POE를 좋아하는 유저로써 게임 및 Path Of Exile를 실행할 때 최적화 관련 글도 포스팅하면서
최대한 랙을 줄이는 방법을 공유해왔습니다만, 서버 자체의 랙은 유저가 아무리 최적화해도 의미가 없는 것을 알고 있습니다.

"

오늘(한국시간 토요일)은 12시에 서버다운이 발생했는데,
감사하게도 다음카카오측에서 WINMTR을 통한 자료 수집으로 원인을 파악하기 위해 리포팅 방법을 안내해주고 있습니다.

그러나 현재의 한국 렐름 상황은,
사용자수가 밀집될 때에만 발생하는 것으로 보아 이것은 Packet Loss/Ping/Hop/Trace route 등의 문제가 아니라고 생각됩니다.
WINMTR 데이터를 수집/분석해서 그것이 반영되는데에 얼마만큼의 시간이 소요될까요? 그것보다는 명백히 원인이 있는 것에 초좀을 두어야한다고 생각합니다.

지난 1~2주간 서버 불안정으로 일부 유저들은 접속을 포기하거나 기본 핑이 높다하더라도 다른 나라의 렐름을 사용하였습니다.
특히 오늘 한국시간 토요일 12시 이후 현재까지 한국 유저들은 한국 렐름 사용이 거의 불가능해서 일본, 싱가폴, 미국 서버 등을 이용해야했습니다.
거듭말씀드리지만 한국 렐름의 핑 스파이크는 사용자가 몰리는 피크시간 또는 요일에만 발생하고 있습니다.

물론 GGG의 팬으로써 현재 휴가중인 인력과 다음주 상당량의 패치가 예정되어있다는 점은 충분히 알고 있습니다.
하지만 Path Of Exile의 기존 GGG의 유저로써 다음카카오의 다른 여러게임들의 게이머로써,
믿음과 신뢰를 가지고 다음 카카오의 한국 렐름으로 계정 이전을 한 많은 사용자들이 점점 실망하고 있습니다.

GGG와 다음카카오측에서 사용자수가 급증하는 시간대에 발생하는 근본적인 서버 문제를 해결해주셨으면 하는 바람입니다.
만약, 다른 문제로 인해 원인 파악 등 유저의 적극 피드백이 필요하다면 한국 유저는 언제든지 기꺼이 참여할 준비가 되었습니다.

GGG와 다음카카오의 노고에 감사드립니다.

- POE를 너무나 좋아하고 즐기는 유저가~

Last edited by eocsdev on Jan 4, 2020, 10:16:05 AM
Last bumped on Jan 12, 2020, 11:24:48 PM
I agree
The server is too unstable.
진짜 어떻게좀 해줬으면ㅠㅠ
지금이 2020년 하지만 한국렐름은 2000년 이네요.

서버문제로 이렇게 고생해본게 언제인지 기억도 안납니다.

빠른 조치 부탁드려요.

I can't believe this year is 2020.
Isn't this like the 1990s?
Kakao's response also makes no sense.
It's not an intermittent problem, but a realm problem. Why do users report it?
Are you (ggg) ignoring Kakao's problem presentation?
Another reasonable question is, aren't you reducing the number of Korean servers this season because of cost?
please please please....i really like POE, want to play, but too hard to play because of lack...
Please please please!! I really like POE, want to play without any server problem.
한국서버 플레이어들은 피크타임이 되면 어느나라를 막론하고 랠름 이민 가기에 바쁘지요.. 매시즌 서버 안정화 관련한 이슈들이 있었지만, 이번 시즌은 해결이 상당히 지연되는 것 같아 아쉽습니다.
Per the deal between Kakao and GGG, then everything regarding PoE in Korea you will have to contact Kakao support.
입장이 안되는 것도 아니고 서버가 불안정해서 실망감이 너무 크네요

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info