[3.10] The highest DPS miner - 1.5 shapers per second

how does anyone stay alive with this build. i have cwdt and steelskin and 5600hp but im getting one shot by t15 bosses before i even have a chance to throw down my mines.
"
kirboolin wrote:
how does anyone stay alive with this build. i have cwdt and steelskin and 5600hp but im getting one shot by t15 bosses before i even have a chance to throw down my mines.

How do you die with this build? Using minefield allows you to place mines quickly and stay mobile. I wasn't dying even without using a CWDT or any defensive setup and trash gear.

I mean sure, if you misplay against delirium mobs you will die like any other build, but which T15 boss are you letting hit you?
cant remember the boss but i remember he had a +50% damage map modifier but still. i often get chunked by mob packs constantly too.
"
kirboolin wrote:
cant remember the boss but i remember he had a +50% damage map modifier but still. i often get chunked by mob packs constantly too.

Try to flame dash more carefuly because i bet that happens when you dash in big pack of mobs.
"
faytte wrote:
"
offimpulse wrote:
not sure if more chance to deal double damage can count as exactly double damage. also whats better - zealotry or wrath and why we link bone chill? only for more movement slow?

1) yes double damage is double damage, and thus is effectively a more multiplier.
2) zealotry IRC
3) Not sure about bonechill

but aura only increases chance to deal double damage but not doubles damage itself
"
maniac_cro wrote:
"
kirboolin wrote:

Try to flame dash more carefuly because i bet that happens when you dash in big pack of mobs.

This! Learn to avoid risky situations in the first place by never dashing straight ahead where you can't see what's going on. Throw your mines ahead, detonate, dash/move there (so most mobs will be dead by the time you go there).
"
kirboolin wrote:

You're only lvl 85 so you can be do lower tier maps. Try to get some jewel with %life, they are big when you're using Kaom's.
"
faytte wrote:
Is the knock back that much of an issue for slower projectiles? Seemed to me it was knocking back the mob kind of perfectly to keep the ball lightning on them instead of going past them.

Well the person who asked the question felt like it was doing less sometimes, this was an explanation based upon people who have used ball lightning with knock-back in the past with slower projectiles and they spent a lot of time checking the damage out, they found that the combination of slower projectiles and knock-back lowered damage, majority of the time it is better to have one or the other.

Me personally, I have been using Thunderstruck and using it with Slower Projectiles and then swapping in Trap and Mine Damage Support, the latter just feels way better for damage, also faster clear speed, if I was not using Thunderstruck I would definitely go back to Slower Projectiles, if of course you come across a KB immune boss then I would also swap Slower Projectiles back in, although everything is still going squish at the moment, so not needed, might change my mind in T16 maps :P

All in all I am loving Thunderstruck, it improves survivability and also in combination with Supercharge it is amazing, non-critical strikes being lucky means that all non-critical lightning strikes hit for the maximum value, which almost doubles the average lightning damage hit for non-critical hits, which is about 50 to 60 percent of the hits, which is very nice :)

Also other Cluster Jewel Notables I am using are Precise Commander, Eye of the Storm and lastly Fettle. All pretty good :)
OP wrote that helmet enchant doesn't matter. Really? Isn't it like double damage due to additional projectile for every mine?
"
Arti222 wrote:
OP wrote that helmet enchant doesn't matter. Really? Isn't it like double damage due to additional projectile for every mine?

I think it only helps you clear since only 1 projectile can hit an enemy - so no benefit for bosses (and clear is already great, so not really needed).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info