[3.9] [MSC] Tri-Curse Caustic Arrow Occultist - CA be Popping

Intro:
Spoiler
I wanted to share my CA OCC as I felt it's been a solid build, fairly cheap to start with, and has lot more potential. I've been able to clear most of the content in the game and is also a decent mapper due to the chaos pops which are very satisfying. I took down Watchstone 7 Sirius with one death.

Playstyle:
Spoiler

I self-cast (yes self-cast) the triple curses using the vixen entrapment gloves which then allows the damage from our CA to pop the entire pack of enemies. It feels smooth with the curse nodes, gloves, and faster casting on Bane.

Cast Bane - Shoot CA

Totems for bosses

Vaal Skills for Metamorphs and "Oh-Shit Moments"

POB:
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/UYKyNFJd

I've only turned on "Is Enemy a Boss?" in the config and 15 whither stacks.
You can also do this as hybrid which is how I started then switched. The reason I wanted to go full CI is because I wanted to remove Chaos damage all together as there is a lot this league.It might be better in the long run but I felt this was easier to gear and has more long term potential. There are a ton of different ways to do the tree for this, I felt the route I went was the best for how I wanted to play this character.

Gems & Links:
Spoiler

Main Skill
Caustic Arrow + Damage on Full Life + Swift Affliction + Vicious Projectiles + Conc Effect + Void Manipulation (Can switch the last two for an Empower if you have money)

Secondary Skill
Bane + Faster Casting + Increased Area

Utility:
Wither + Faster Casting + Multi-Totems + Spell Totem

Curses:(These are socketed in the vixen entrapment gloves)

Temp Chains + Enfeeble + Despair

Misc:
Flame Dash
Vaal Blight
Vaal Discipline
Clarity
Malevolence

Item wants and Prices:
Spoiler

Going to hit the big "wants" that you'll want for nice t16 map clear. Prices are when I bought them

6 link Thicket Bow +3 with Chaos-Multi 3ex:
Thicket has the lowest DEX requirement and high attack speed for when I shoot.

ES Chest 3ex:
I spent 3ex for my 700 ES chest that was NOT 6 linked. You do not need to 6 link this. I just did for my future CI characters this league.

Vixen Entrapment 1c:
This allows me to self-cast 3 curses that are socketed when I cast bane.

Soul-Strike 1c:
Want to start recharging ES as fast as possible

Voidwalker 1c:
There's lots of ways to get pierce but these are the cheapest

Jewels:
%ES + Chaos-Multi 5-10C:
These can get expensive but the first two mods are what I look for and then fill in whatever I need.

Ascent From Flesh 1c:
Really nice for mapping

Nice to haves:
+1 Chaos Skill Ammy with Chaos Multi. 3-5ex
40% increased CA Damage. 1-2ex on ES helm
-9 Chaos Resist Helm with 150+ ES. (Craftable 1c per Aberrant Fossil)
Energy From within: 80c
Watcher's Eye: 15ex (Probably will never get this)
Empower 8ex (Probably will never get this)
Flat and %INT on more piece of gear to boost ES

Current Gear:
Spoiler

Ascendancy, Bandits, & Anoint:
Spoiler
CI: Void Beacon. Profane Bloom. Vile Bastion. Malediction
Hybrid: Void Beacon. Profane Bloom. Withering Presence. Vile Bastion

Bandit: Kill All

Anoint:
Cheap: Aspect of the Eagle or Avatar of the Hunt

Videos:
Spoiler
If there is a lot of interest I can record

Last edited by BringerofMourn on Jan 4, 2020, 9:24:09 AM
Last bumped on Mar 7, 2020, 2:27:55 PM
it would be good to see a video, (reserved)
How did you craft this amulet or where did he dropped?
yeah a video qould be great !
This was like my dream build man, Chaos, DOT, many curses, Soul strike, and WITCHES. Damn, keep up the good work, I'd love to conquer every league with it.

What's your take on the Pantheon btw? Just like to hear your opinon
Curse casting looks boring.

No Frenzy? Why? Frenzy charges boosts dps.

Why not 6l CusrseOnHit + frenzy+ MultiProj+ despair + enf + temp chains? Or 5l but blasphemyy+ temp. chains.

Why so awful annoint? 10% dot multy Dirty Techniques looks much better.

Hybrid ascendancy also looks better. I think 2 curses is enough (despair+ temp chains)
"
Curse casting looks boring.

No Frenzy? Why? Frenzy charges boosts dps.

Why not 6l CusrseOnHit + frenzy+ MultiProj+ despair + enf + temp chains? Or 5l but blasphemyy+ temp. chains.

Why so awful annoint? 10% dot multy Dirty Techniques looks much better.

Hybrid ascendancy also looks better. I think 2 curses is enough (despair+ temp chains)
I haven't tried OP's build but I can share my experience on trying bane + caustic arrow (in a different setup than OP though).

It simply feels too slow, I think at some point I'm gonna phase bane out completely. I can get profane bloom explosions from witchfire brew as mobs count as cursed under influence of it.

I think focusing fully on either bane or caustic arrow as you main "spam" skill will yield better results than having to bane the mobs first and then shoot caustic arrow - 1 button press is faster than 2.

I haven't tried Asenath's Chant (it used to be really expensive at the start of the league and I'm not even sure if I wanna commit to it) whether it works or not, but if it does that could be one way to achieve OP's intent without having to double your button presses.

Also profane bloom won't help for bosses without adds. But the most important value of that node is completely countering those pesky hexproof metamorphs. Void beacon is also great, did you ever pay attention how many metamorph fragments have life regen on them? Well now they don't!

Having extra curses in form of enfeeble / temp chains is something I played when I made a main bane build, but from retrospect I think I could've tried to substitute it with aspect of the spider if I juggled mana reservation differently.

A lot of beefy mobs / bosses will have reduced effectiveness of curses built in and than lowers value of the tri-curse build.

About dirty techniques vs another anoint, you have to POB it with your charater's stats. 10% multi can win or lose vs 24% increased from avatar of the hunt or 30% from toxic strikes / deadly draw depending on your gear (how much you have increased damage vs multiplier), I've talked with another player who used caustic arrow raider "why do you use 10% increased damage jewels instead of 4% chaos multi" and he said they just provide more dps, that really 100% depends on stat distribution on your gear.

Avatar of the hunt might be picked also due to providing 6% movement speed on top of increased damage over time - how much someone values movement speed depends on their playstyle (zoom zoom vs. take your time).

My current character still has crap gear because I had little time to play this league, but when I pob my character deadly draw, toxic strikes and avatar of the hunt are all more damage than dirty techniques. Funnily skittering runes is strong too but only on normal mobs, the moment I swap config to boss it drops value immensely (due to the curse effectiveness reduction on bosses).

So you have to check each character individually.
Asenath's wont work with Bane since this would be 2 triggers as explained by GGG in another post:

"

Yeah, this is correct behaviour. Each of the curse skills is being affected by two different triggers (Bane and Asenath's Chant).
Skills ae only allowed a single trigger - skills with multiple triggers are disabled and cannot be used or triggered at all.

Posted by
bncy
on Mar 9, 2019, 12:56:51 AM

But u can apply 3 Curses with, though only 1 with each use of CA. Meaning it will never happen during clear, since mobs die after 1 Use. Or should. I tested ur build since i like CA as a skill and Occ as a class. Although it was buffed in 3.9 CA is still just pretty average skill i think. I think ur build could be viable, but i see no use in using 3 curses. With some aura nodes and 1 Enlighten lvl3 u can still use Malevolence, Discipline and Temporal Chains. U can add Impresence and then also have Despair. I think this would be the better option.
Example:
https://pastebin.com/zFn2fw8e
I also made a 2 Curse, 4 Auras LowLife Version of the Build:
https://pastebin.com/8X9rw3ng

Due to the Bow and other items, its already a quite expensive Build. But with some more effort (Meaning Exalts) u could reach nearly 2M Shaper DPS.

Last edited by Void_xy on Feb 10, 2020, 7:56:18 AM
"
Void_xy wrote:

https://pastebin.com/EAfeNdK8

This last pastebin doesn't seem to work.
The Narra-Tor
"
By_Tor wrote:
"
Void_xy wrote:

https://pastebin.com/EAfeNdK8

This last pastebin doesn't seem to work.

edited the link

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info