[3.10] ED + Contagion Max Block CI Trickster | 1+M DPS | All Content | Super Tanky | Awakener Farmer

Oh, i suddenly remembered my old full block cap necro and how easy it is to achieve. It was before glancing blows.

And now that i think about it, with glancing blows and bone offering It will have 53% for both block and spell block without even equipping a shield or investing anything on the tree... and build-in 483 life on each block, which around how much shaper shield will give you if you have 10k life.

Oh yes, totally normal, don't mind me.

Edit: oh, i guess just equip rearguard quiver to your whatever bow, and you completely overcap for both block and spellblock by using just quiver, jewel and keystone.

I guess ascendant is on the same boat. I'm off to plan a build for the next league :)
Last edited by Med1umentor on Jan 5, 2020, 9:03:29 AM
I've been following Ziz's ED build guide and recently discovered your setup and I'm amazed at how much damage you have on your ED(such a high ED gem level my gosh). I been trying to increase my dot dmg/boss dmg and being fairly new I'm hesitant to spend my hard earned Ex to buy gear which could increase my dmg.

Currently I'm trying to 6-Link my chest(is mine even worth trying to? or find a better one?), and I know I need to find some way to increase my ED gem level. According to PoB most reasonable +1 chaos wands are still less dmg than my current one (unless I want to spend 10+Ex for one with same stats AND +1). ES on block sounds nice but as long as I'm careful I can get by without and I think my currency would be better spent increasing damage.

Would you be able to give some suggestions on where I could best improve my setup or where to focus my currency towards?

PoB:
https://pastebin.com/Hmpg1WdW
Last edited by Booguh on Jan 6, 2020, 3:45:56 AM
Hello guys,

I was wondering what is the good % of block chance for this characters.
Is it really necessary to have both spell and attack block chances capted to 75%?

I'm trying to find the best balance between block chance / evasion / and physical damage reduction because i'm still getting one shot sometimes, especially when i got no more flask on bosses.

Does more evasion could helped (vaal grace instead of aspect of the spider), more physical damage reduction (Soul of Steel annointment), more block chance, more ES to tank the damage.

AT the end, this build just rock when you reach the good dps (i would say 900k Dot dps for T16), i just want to make it the tankiest possible now i've reached a convenient dps :)

I'm not sure what type of damage does actually one shot me and what can i do to prevent or mitigate them. I dont know very weel neither all the defensive mechanics involves so if you guys have some suggestions.

Last edited by Jomosmo on Jan 7, 2020, 6:27:46 PM
Hi everyone, little post about where I'm at with this character.

Got to maps 2 days ago, now I'm barely 94.

Build is working fine, and it's really fun to play.
I still feel like I'm missing on some DPS, I'll see in a couple of levels and maybe I'll try to find a lab enchant.

I've taken a more tanky path, focusing a little more on evasion.
This is my current gear :

Carcass Jack sucks. I'll get a good rare armor as soon as I can.

I got these gloves with blind on hit and supported by blind, so I did this set up where I play with storm brand so I can blind bosses and feel safer.
What do you think of it?

My contagion isn't supported by Arcane Surge but I still have it proc with flamedash/stormbrand quite often.

On my tree I took void Barrier for more ES and evasion, since we are already getting Charisma and it's next to it feels bad not to take it. I'll take the full node on next levels for the extra ES and EV small nodes.

My ailment immunity is quite bad yet, and I'm still needing tons of catalysts, better items (better watchers eye too), but it's taking form.

loving this build. ty all :)
Hello,
First of all thanks for the build. I'm kinda new player so i was confused about your defensive skill gem level selection. Can you explain the reasoning behind leaving withering step at level 8 and tempest shield at level 7 and immmortal call at level 1?
"
Hello,
First of all thanks for the build. I'm kinda new player so i was confused about your defensive skill gem level selection. Can you explain the reasoning behind leaving withering step at level 8 and tempest shield at level 7 and immmortal call at level 1?

If you read on Cast when damage taken it's say's "This gem can only support skill gems requiring level 38 or lower" so you want to level up withering step and tempest shield to a level requirements of CwtD gem. I haven't checked rest of the build but immortal call stays at level 1 because lack of str i think. Im not a pro and i can be wrong but that's my guess ^^
"
"
Hello,

If you read on Cast when damage taken it's say's "This gem can only support skill gems requiring level 38 or lower" so you want to level up withering step and tempest shield to a level requirements of CwtD gem. I haven't checked rest of the build but immortal call stays at level 1 because lack of str i think. Im not a pro and i can be wrong but that's my guess ^^

That makes perfect sense, thanks a lot for the info. Just checked and it seems immortal level 3 requires level 38 and 88 strength. OP's pob shows he has 120 str though so not sure why left it on level 1.
"
timeserver wrote:
"
"
Hello,

That makes perfect sense, thanks a lot for the info. Just checked and it seems immortal level 3 requires level 38 and 88 strength. OP's pob shows he has 120 str though so not sure why left it on level 1.

It's just because immortal call doesn't really scale with gemlevel, so it's almost no difference between 1 or 3 lvl. He probably just put it there and immediately locked its level. I too find leveling gems right under cwdt lvl bothersome.
Hi there, nice nuild I plan to switch to CI to, but I on your PoB and the mbxTrem's one there is the skill gem "Wither (Blight)" I don't understand where does it comming from and how it's working since it drasticly boost your dps i have to ask >.<.

"
Habbess wrote:
Hi there, nice nuild I plan to switch to CI to, but I on your PoB and the mbxTrem's one there is the skill gem "Wither (Blight)" I don't understand where does it comming from and how it's working since it drasticly boost your dps i have to ask >.<.

There are crucial mechanic for chaos dot builds, it's a debuff called "withered" that stacks up to 15, and makes enemies take 6% increase chaos damage for each stack. So, on max stacks it is 90% increased damage taken by enemies, which is obviously huge.

Now, about how we inflict "withered". Original and most common way was to use skill gem "wither", usually it placed on spell totem with multiple totems, so it can be automated. Occultsists have means to inflict withered in their ascendancy. And lastly - "spreading rot" unique jewel, that make our "blight" inflict "withered" as well, it's a current case for you.

Wither skill gem was placed in PoB, so PoB would activate the option to calculate withered on enemies, because it don't recognise unique jewel interactions, and hide "withered" option, despite the fact that blight can inflict it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info