[3.9] ED + Contagion Max Block CI Trickster | 1+M DPS | All Content | Super Tanky | Awakener Farmer

"
Hbgsmokesalot wrote:
https://pastebin.com/pt447rXG

sorry bout that

noticed that my arcane surge was max level and got distracted


Looking good already,

you can configure your PoB right though :-D Add Wither Stacks and Spider Webs in Configuration :) Since i could import your Pantheon, i guess you are also using the LocalIdentity Version of PoB :)

Main differences between our setups:

* You have ~120% Spelldmg/Alldmg less then me:

Your Wand has not much Spell Damage, and you are missing quality on your gems, which also is some Spelldmg Increase for Chaos.

* I have 2 more Gemlevel on my ED which is a huge dps upgrade. (you can get that from body armours with corruption or very expensive wand/amulet/shield with +1chaos/+1intelligence)

* You are not using your Discipline Aura (consider doing so by adding an Enlighten to your auras)

* You are not ailment immune, but that is a hard to achiev goal while keeping your resistances ok.

Besides that, perfectly usable setup you have ther. That, maybe with added gem qualities was my gear while killing awakener the first time :)

Increasing your DPS isn't too easy without major reworks, maybe get some inspiration from DanielAppelkvist's post above. Maybe adding a righteous fire can earn you some good single target boost to make bosses a bit easier at the end of map.

Cheers
Belvince
"
Belvince wrote:
"
Hbgsmokesalot wrote:
https://pastebin.com/pt447rXG

sorry bout that

noticed that my arcane surge was max level and got distracted


Looking good already,

you can configure your PoB right though :-D Add Wither Stacks and Spider Webs in Configuration :) Since i could import your Pantheon, i guess you are also using the LocalIdentity Version of PoB :)

Main differences between our setups:

* You have ~120% Spelldmg/Alldmg less then me:

Your Wand has not much Spell Damage, and you are missing quality on your gems, which also is some Spelldmg Increase for Chaos.

* I have 2 more Gemlevel on my ED which is a huge dps upgrade. (you can get that from body armours with corruption or very expensive wand/amulet/shield with +1chaos/+1intelligence)

* You are not using your Discipline Aura (consider doing so by adding an Enlighten to your auras)

* You are not ailment immune, but that is a hard to achiev goal while keeping your resistances ok.

Besides that, perfectly usable setup you have ther. That, maybe with added gem qualities was my gear while killing awakener the first time :)

Increasing your DPS isn't too easy without major reworks, maybe get some inspiration from DanielAppelkvist's post above. Maybe adding a righteous fire can earn you some good single target boost to make bosses a bit easier at the end of map.

Cheers
Belvince


I appreciate the feedback, i am running Malev, Disc, Spiders, and clarity. every once in a while ill have a mana issue that i guess an enlighten would solve. Im working on getting my qual 20 gems next
What is your block chance at? I have the Lethal Pride jewel and all of the block nodes you have skilled but my block is only at 52% attack and 36% spell. Is there something major from your items I'm missing?
"
mikeyoohh wrote:
What is your block chance at? I have the Lethal Pride jewel and all of the block nodes you have skilled but my block is only at 52% attack and 36% spell. Is there something major from your items I'm missing?

He have additional spell block on shield and helmet, watcher's eye with spell block on discipline, and rumi flask.
I decided to start CI version, i love your ailment immunity too much :)

Anyway, i noticed that i don't lose my ghost shrouds as much as i expected, so i tested it out. And apparently, if hit was blocked, ghost shroud will not be consumed, despite the fact that we were "being hit", and received damage from that hit (glancing blows, 50%). Yet another trivia about mechanic that you can't guess, you just need to know it :)

P.S. Right now, having blast with that build, although only just reached maps (Scrub that need 10 hours just to go through damn acts xD). Ailment immunity is sweet, and not really that hard to achieve if you are ready to make some concessions :)
I played ED characters the most out of all builds, but tanky version is the first time. Hope that i will take that one all the way to the endgame ;)
Last edited by Med1umentor on Jan 4, 2020, 12:58:52 AM
"
Med1umentor wrote:

He have additional spell block on shield and helmet, watcher's eye with spell block on discipline, and rumi flask.


Oh yeah sry, I did not look for that because it's so meh to see in PoB :(

Yeah those small increases add up heavily with lethal pride. The concoction is huge if you are lacking block on other items.

I think I do not really need it anymore, but I have not tested that yet. Maybe I can go back to a phys reduction flask.

I don't really think you need fully capped block though it is very nice to have, but somewhere around is still ok to get it started.

I'm happy so many people are having fun with the build :)

Cheers
Belvince
Word of advice: If you guys check POE ninja for people with "top dps" you can see they use Witchfire Flask. It adds upp alot of dps on that profile. But a wand with despair on hit wont show on poe ninja. so it will look like your dps is alot lower because of that.

Despair on hit on a wand is really powerfull and better for boss figths who last longer.
Good luck boys ;)
Last edited by DanielAppelkvist on Jan 4, 2020, 10:45:57 AM
"
Word of advice: If you guys check POE ninja for people with "top dps" you can see they use Witchfire Flask. It adds upp alot of dps on that profile. But a wand with despair on hit wont show on poe ninja. so it will look like your dps is alot lower because of that.

Despair on hit on a wand is really powerfull and better for boss figths who last longer.
Good luck boys ;)

Too costly, if you didn't make it "by accident".
If we need a curse, we can always have bane with despair on weapon swap. Also will help on dps, quite huge.

Edit: in case anyone didn't knew, both bane and essence drain debuffs stay on target even if you took out the gem, and this is especially important for dot builds, since you don't need to attack all the time to maintain dps and option to have multiple chaos dots on target. So having 6-link bane in + gemlevel staff/bow is pretty neat trick to help your boss dps, and maintain the curse even when you are out of flask charges on your brew.
Last edited by Med1umentor on Jan 5, 2020, 2:58:29 AM
"
Med1umentor wrote:
Too costly, if you didn't make it "by accident".


There are two wands on trade with despair, chaos dot mult, +gem level and + spell dmg for 5ex each. Yes, they both have 1 bricked stat, but those are totally adequate for that price in a league where ex drops like candy if you can chain run juiced high red tier maps. And you can with this setup.

"
Med1umentor wrote:

If we need a curse, we can always have bane with despair on weapon swap. Also will help on dps, quite huge.


You can, but at least in this setup you have to be really creative, because that swap would disable your auras every time you do it. I think that's more of an idea if you are playing a 6L Weapon in the main setup too.

I'm not sure if it's the same as with summons, but maybe you can equip the same aura setup in the shield slot of the second weapon swap set to prevent it from disabling the auras. I have never tested that though.

Other variation would be to not play a 4L blight, but play like a blight totem 3L in your shield and auras in the then open 4L. That would enable you to easily swap to a 6L Bane on Bow in second set without loosing auras. In my opinion loosing the 4L Blight for a 6L Bane and gaining 3L Totem Blight is even way more quality of life for a bossing setup. I may try that at some point.

Cheers
Belvince
Oh, and on a side note, annoitment of amulet "deflection" definitely deserve a mention.
It's cheap, it provides 4% for both attack and spell block, and whooping 8% for attack projectile damage. So with our glancing blows it's 8% to block attack damage, 8% to block spell damage, and whooping 24% to block attack projectiles damage.
It's incredibly helpful when you still don't have much block on gear or tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info