[3.10] ED + Contagion Max Block CI Trickster | 1+M DPS | All Content | Super Tanky | Awakener Farmer

"
What DPS were you getting on this?

1.2 mil DOT with flasks up, 800k without.
I dont have the +1 gems on the shield or wand yet

I use to do more than double that with the LL bow version, but this is much more tanky.
"
sidstar wrote:

Sir, the Wand has become extremely rare to find or absolutely crazy in price.
As a beginner with only a month of actual gaming here in "Standard", I feel like I have made a huge loss trying to build something that is not for Starters.
My Build so far. Really low DPS from my point of view.
http://poeurl.com/cRyT

Any suggestions from here on please?
Currencies are really hard to come by, so please treat me as a new comer.

Thanks.

The wand listed by the creator of this guide is extremely difficult to get since this league, since Despair on hit can't roll from fossils anymore.
You are better off just trying to get a wand like this one:

Chaos DoT multiplier and + chaos gem lvl are the 2 best mods to scale damage for ED builds.

I can't see your gear since your characters aren't public, so can't really give you any further advice at this moment.

Try reading back in this thread; there are already quite a few posts about gear advice and what to look for.
Last edited by Reechaani on May 1, 2020, 9:29:08 AM
Any glaring items that I should upgrade? Looking to get chaos dot multi on amulet soon. Thanks for any help.
can this be transformed to spellslinger? i saw MBX's video on this, but dont have currency to start that expensive and would like to play CI instead of LL.
Transforming into a Spellslinger is kinda doable but you loose even more dps. For a spellslinger ED/Cont, "not going LL" basically means "not using any auras" which is a hefty price to pay. Also you loose at least one very much needed support gem of ED.

I did play an evasion ED/Cont Trickster this league with ~2 mio. ED dps and switching to a spellslinger without adjusting too much dropped me to around 600k dps. Doing that with a max block ed/cont will drop you even lower i fear. I still do it though, when im doing low level stuff like finishing some low master missions or low breachstones. Cannot recommend it for T14+ though. At least not without LL.

Cheers
Belvince
"
Humle83 wrote:
can this be transformed to spellslinger? i saw MBX's video on this, but dont have currency to start that expensive and would like to play CI instead of LL.
You just described about every MBX idea / build / video. Flashy, but nobody's got the currency to copy it. And usually very inefficient at "budget" level and only starts to shine when you throw excessive currency at it. So be warned.
Running this build cause I love being really survivable/defensive when playing, and this seems to be the most defensive build that does decent dps I could find that isn't herald stacking as far as I can see.

But anyways, I had a question. Currently with my setup (only lvl 65 atm tho), only hitting 60% atk block but 64% spell block. I know where the rest of my spell block is comes from/how to get it, but I see nothing that gives me the other atk block %, and I currently have all the block nodes on your PoB. Maybe i'm blind, but you have 75% atk block without rumi's on on pob, and I don't see where it's coming from. If you could look at my char or something and tell me where it comes from that'd be well appreciated.
I tried to build myself an ED Contagion though I'm not a veteran player and new to this skill. And then I found this build so I think I'm kind of mess up mine. If anyone could recommend or fix my build that would be appreciated.
Here my POB "https://pastebin.com/SXMMZy8i"
BTW:
- I don't know why the ES in POB seems to be lower than my in-game ES(5.6k).
- My chance to block the attack and spell damage after used Rumi's concoction is 75%/52%(POB doesn't show the lethal pride).
- Currently, I try to get all of my gems to be at least 20/20.
- Any suggestion about other things to improve my build like Dot DPS., the skill tree, the items that I should work toward to acquire.

Thanks.
"
Darth_MonkaS wrote:
- I don't know why the ES in POB seems to be lower than my in-game ES(5.6k).
Disable CI and enable discipline in your pob and it's 5,6k.

"
Darth_MonkaS wrote:

- Currently, I try to get all of my gems to be at least 20/20.

You should be using 21/0 ED over 19/20. Quality on main spell is worth much less than the levels. Supports are fine to get flipped for quality.

"
Darth_MonkaS wrote:
- Any suggestion about other things to improve my build like Dot DPS., the skill tree, the items that I should work toward to acquire.
I know prism guardian allows you to cheaply reserve auras, but getting a spirit shield with decent amount of ES and important energy shield on block ("recover 5% energy shield when you block" shaper mod) will provide you a lot of survivability through the extra regen. Another good stat to have on rare shield is chance to block spells because it's harder to get than attacks.

You might have to drop some less important auras like skitterbots though.

Also you should run bated breath belt until you can craft a good crystal one.

That 3-mod elder ring seems like it could have been better.

Your spreading rot doesn't work because you need int in radius and you put it in socket that has only dex around. Either get the socket below soul thief, or just ditch it completely and get a watcher's eye or something.

I would also consider pathing like this:

Allowing you to pick the following extra points, 1 & 2 is extra ES and 3 is just a bit more spellpower. But that's up to you.

I do not know how much str you're getting from lethal pride but I assume it should be enough to fill the gap.

I would also consider transcendent mind jewel and comparing it's value with eldritch knowledge whether it's better or not. Keep in mind pob version is outdated and gives accuracy instead of dot multi, so you have to import the new version from outside or count manually.

Another thing I'd consider is instead of anointing tranquility, use crown of the inward eye that gives you the transfiguration for free, and then having freedom of any other anointment you want, more ES, more damage, whatever you want. Since your helmet doesn't have a valuable enchant anyway.

I'd say for defensive purpose you could use deflection anointment especially if you get high ES shield, or Foresight, or Insightfulness. Charisma is another option if you can't fit all the auras after swapping to a rare shield (still probably won't be able to fit all the auras but losing the stats from rare shield is imo crippling this build.)

The gloves need an upgrade too, either with chaos dot (elder / hunter mod) or just strong ES / resist slot. I would probably use sin trek for boots for now until you can get better ones, and aforementioned bated breath, and then try to cap resists with gloves, shield and rare ring. If that's too hard, either boots or belt have to be another resist stick, but they NEED more ES to be good.

If your shavs wasn't corrupted I'd say divine it and hillock it for 28% quality to get more ES, but well, can't do that now.

P.S. How come you don't have uber lab. Write /global 820 and camp for trial giveaways if you're missing any. At lvl 89 and in trade league there's no reason to not have it. Worst case buy uber lab boost but tbh 6k ES should be enough to do it just don't stand in stuff. ED regen should carry you and ES recharge trivializes traps.
Hi,

Your latest patebin has LL as well as CI taken. Am i missing something here? i alwasy thought CI and LL dont work together.

Thanks !!

Found it : Its for Lethal Pride, Sorry for the mix up!!
Last edited by Mordath2018 on Jun 1, 2020, 11:01:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info