[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

Thanks again for a very fun & solid off-meta build! :) One of the funniest aspects of it has been constantly answering people wondering wth I am using to clear maps. Honestly I feel like this might be one of the strongest possible builds for this current league, with ~4ex gear you can clear the entire game quite easily.

Oh, I also kinda have to disagree with some of the cons you have listed;
- Limited scaling possibilities : Atleast for me there is a lot of stuff to update (Lvl4 empower, good +1 int gems amulet, multiple awakened gems we can add to the build, timeless jewels(?))
- Mediocre mapping speed : As long as you invest a bit to movement speed (decent quicksilver flask and atleast +30% movement speed from boots) the clear speed this build provides is pretty nuts. Since we only have to attack once every 8,5secs and then can full rush forward most people I've mapped with struggle to keep up with us..!
Last edited by Smerte on Jan 5, 2020, 12:32:51 AM
"
Smerte wrote:
Thanks again for a very fun & solid off-meta build! :) One of the funniest aspects of it has been constantly answering people wondering wth I am using to clear maps. Honestly I feel like this might be one of the strongest possible builds for this current league, with ~4ex gear you can clear the entire game quite easily.

Oh, I also kinda have to disagree with some of the cons you have listed;
- Limited scaling possibilities : Atleast for me there is a lot of stuff to update (Lvl4 empower, good +1 int gems amulet, multiple awakened gems we can add to the build, timeless jewels(?))
- Mediocre mapping speed : As long as you invest a bit to movement speed (decent quicksilver flask and atleast +30% movement speed from boots) the clear speed this build provides is pretty nuts. Since we only have to attack once every 8,5secs and then can full rush forward most people I've mapped with struggle to keep up with us..!

I had to put something for the cons otherwise that might've turned people off, but yes your points are correct. What I meant by the cons is that you can't reach multiple shapers worth of DPS or tank shaper slams back to back, no matter how much you try (but that isn't surprising I suppose). The build is no autobomber or chain bow build either, but it still clears fine.

I'm glad you're enjoying the build. If there's any tweaks you find that are noteworthy, make sure to let me know so I can have a look for myself and possibly update the guide.
Nice build. I didn't realise holy relic got that much damage per gem level

My instinct is to add in some Kitava's Herald spectres as they are incredibly tanky and can trigger feeding frenzy for 10% more damage and Maim for 14% more damage. Sacrifice notable and minion life support is really the only investment needed to keep them alive in endgame. But I can see how its hard to fit in a 4-link for them with the kaoms. Might be more fitting in a hybrid build or something with a different chest which is then changing the build a lot

Speaking of which how on earth does the relic survive in endgame content? Your vids have them seeming to be fine but I've run a ton of zombie and spectre builds and my requirement is usually 50k life, capped resistances and 3k life regen per second otherwise minions fall over in things like T16 legion or elemental/chaos degen clouds. Do the relics have some hidden defensive stats cause the Pob has them seeming paper thin defensively
"
WaffleT wrote:
Nice build. I didn't realise holy relic got that much damage per gem level

My instinct is to add in some Kitava's Herald spectres as they are incredibly tanky and can trigger feeding frenzy for 10% more damage and Maim for 14% more damage. Sacrifice notable and minion life support is really the only investment needed to keep them alive in endgame. But I can see how its hard to fit in a 4-link for them with the kaoms. Might be more fitting in a hybrid build or something with a different chest which is then changing the build a lot

Speaking of which how on earth does the relic survive in endgame content? Your vids have them seeming to be fine but I've run a ton of zombie and spectre builds and my requirement is usually 50k life, capped resistances and 3k life regen per second otherwise minions fall over in things like T16 legion or elemental/chaos degen clouds. Do the relics have some hidden defensive stats cause the Pob has them seeming paper thin defensively

You can ditch the Kaom's and go with a socketed chest (I recommend an Elder chest with high life + increased maximum life) and run your setup there. I'm not very experienced with other minion based playstyles, so let us all know how it turns out in the end! Also consider switching to Necromancer if damage is what you're looking for.

The relics don't seem to get targeted by enemies all that much. They also have energy shield which means that if they do get hit, they'll recharge a chunk of their life pool over time. There is a tiny bit of life regeneration on the tree for the relics which also helps them out a bit.
"
Moosseolini wrote:
I had to put something for the cons otherwise that might've turned people off, but yes your points are correct. What I meant by the cons is that you can't reach multiple shapers worth of DPS or tank shaper slams back to back, no matter how much you try (but that isn't surprising I suppose). The build is no autobomber or chain bow build either, but it still clears fine.

Heh I was actually thinking that while writing the comment; maybe you only listed those cons to have some "cons" at all. I guess that just tells how strong the build is, even the "cons" aren't real cons!

Do you think running some self cast curse on unset ring would be worth it? Im just thinking of ways to boost the dmg even higher. Oh and the relics seems to survive just fine atleast when you get the gem to level 27-29. Maybe I am wrong, but doesn't the nova skill of relics apply huge life regen onto themselves aswell? "Holy relic's nova skill grants 434 life regenerated per second to minions" and there is another line for allies aswell, I think this keeps them alive?

Oh and I wanted to test earlier today if I could still record videos on my old PC and so I recorded a random T11 Core run on my holy relic guardian. I think it shows quite well that the clear speed is at very least decent. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e8YZxgNM8M
Last edited by Smerte on Jan 5, 2020, 1:18:30 PM
"
Smerte wrote:
"
Moosseolini wrote:

Heh I was actually thinking that while writing the comment; maybe you only listed those cons to have some "cons" at all. I guess that just tells how strong the build is, even the "cons" aren't real cons!

Do you think running some self cast curse on unset ring would be worth it? Im just thinking of ways to boost the dmg even higher. Oh and the relics seems to survive just fine atleast when you get the gem to level 27-29. Maybe I am wrong, but doesn't the nova skill of relics apply huge life regen onto themselves aswell? "Holy relic's nova skill grants 434 life regenerated per second to minions" and there is another line for allies aswell, I think this keeps them alive?

Oh and I wanted to test earlier today if I could still record videos on my old PC and so I recorded a random T11 Core run on my holy relic guardian. I think it shows quite well that the clear speed is at the very least decent. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e8YZxgNM8M

You can use curse on hit ring from warlord or delve I think.

At least thats what i'm aiming for.
how exactly you get +2 to Socketed Support Gems on the warstaff? i cant find it in crafting bench
"
rezzet wrote:
how exactly you get +2 to Socketed Support Gems on the warstaff? i cant find it in crafting bench

This is a veiled mod obtained from the Syndicate Mastermind. You can find and use a crafting service if you haven't got it yet.
More Details

After you kill Catarina, she will drop a weapon for you to unveil. That weapon may have +1/2 to Level of Socketed Support Gems as one of the choices. You will have to defeat Catarina multiple times before you unlock the highest tier of the craft.
Last edited by Moosseolini on Jan 5, 2020, 4:48:08 PM
Hi, just finished reading the guide and about to get started on it. A question on the leveling process, are we doing holy relic/static strike from the get go or are we using some other skills to level with?

I was buying the recommended gears ahead of time and came across this amulet

It had been listed at 1 ex for a couple of hours when I saw it. The golden oil for that anointment is worth almost 1 ex. Think I got lucky here.
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
Hi, just finished reading the guide and about to get started on it. A question on the leveling process, are we doing holy relic/static strike from the get go or are we using some other skills to level with?

I was buying the recommended gears ahead of time and came across this amulet

It had been listed at 1 ex for a couple of hours when I saw it. The golden oil for that anointment is worth almost 1 ex. Think I got lucky here.

In the 'skill gems' section, I've listed what skill gems we are using and where to acquire them. We start out with Smite until we can get both Summon Holy Relic and Static Strike from Act 1. You can of course level with whatever skills you desire, but in that section is my suggested progression.

That amulet is quite a steal for only 1 ex. It's a huge damage boost for this build in the late game due to the anoint and +1 to Level of All Intelligence Skill Gems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info