[3.10] Herald of Purity Summoner | 36/40 | Deathless Sirus lvl 8 | By far my strongest Build

Update to my questions - no answer needed.

i try the hatred watchers, shure it pumps up my dmg a little bit, but the difference to a watchers with% life regen /vitality is not that notable (eventually in pob, but not in the regular gameplay).

so i stay with the vitality regen watchers.

got my hands on the helmet enchant now with a different helmet and recommended stats, and yes... the dmg output is really a huge boost ^^

im fine to go at lvl 94, killed and farming sirus with this build, its fine.

dying to him is all my own fault(for example retard dodges into storms, or didnt notice clearly where he is in the 3rd phase and get beamed))

At all thx for the build, very nice !

Last edited by Reapers_Choice on Jan 22, 2020, 10:46:27 AM
Thx for this awesome build guide dude. Been loads of fun and took down Sirus lvl 8 ez.

This is my first minions build so I decided to go Big Dick with it and made some changes: I play on std but I'm not using any legacy or mirror gear. Not that rich yet.

== Big dick version ==

PoB: https://pastebin.com/eEiU50tu
(WitchyWatcher character in my profile)

My Winions: 5 Sentinels - 10 Zombies - 4 Specters (3 frenzy + 1 power charge) - 1 Animated guardian - 1 carrion

How?

+1 zombies + 1 Specters anointment

Bought an enchanted elder helmet for 3ex, ilvl86+ for the chance to hit the +3 socketed mod
Crafted with fossils: Bound + Pristine + Dense (Dense is optional)
PS: This is not a cheap craft, but I got incredibly lucky and hit all 3 GG prefixes with literally 23 tries only.
I teared up a bit, ain't gonna lie.
Manly tears tho.

Anyway, end result:
Zombies and Specters now deal significant damage; I clear T16 maps without sentinels.
Zombies literally never die now (not even to any sirus attacks) so no need to ever summon them in map.

So I replaced Blood Magic with Animated Guardian equipped with Kingmaker (fortify + culling strike for minions) and some other cool stuff. Guardian gear can be found in the PoB I linked, But his effect on the minions dps is unclear in PoB.

I was already having trouble getting sentinels in map even before this change, cause zombies and specters would clear before my slow Ball Lightning even reached the mobs for culling strike to have an effect -_-

So I changed gem link for Ball lightning: (I experimented with Storm Brand and even Orb Of Storms, but i found ball lightning to be the most consistent against bosses)

Now i aim for rare mobs while mapping (if i'm feeling like having some sentinels). And it's still easy to get all 5 sentinels against bosses in under a second. Even easier against Sirus with ball lightning reaching wherever he phases to in the arena.

Speed is best defense/offense for this build so I went for Seven leagues - Another possible choice is 35%+ MS boots with cannot be frozen craft.
I'm an MS addict.

Important effect, now my Balls curse with vulnerability ;)
As they do irl.

And with this weapon, my final minion gems levels are:
Raise Zombies: lvl 27 (base lvl 21)
Raise Spectres: lvl 27 (base lvl 21)
Animate Guardian: lvl 27 (base lvl 21)
Herald of Purity: lvl 26 (base lvl 21)

>>> Major change to ur guide: I dropped Vitality and watcher's eye.
Instead took: Aspect of the Spider + Dread Banner = Huge more dps and defense.

I add spider to almost every build I play cause it's just too good imo and dps is bigger than ur HoP Synthesized ring. No more need for the rare curse on hit implicit btw ;)
However keep in mind this is a softcore mentality where dying doesn't matter much, not sure if viable for HC.

Dread banned adds about +20% as impale dps btw. HUGE. not calculated on regular PoB so effect doesn't show. For impale calculations I use "PoB Fork", highly recommended.

I kept ur tree almost intact even though maybe I can now remove the Combat Stamina cluster of 3 nodes for something else, now that they don't benefit me as much without vitality and watcher's. Would appreciate an opinion on this :)

I also dropped CwdT and now Convocation is self-cast, I'm using my minions like Brands, moving them where i want them. This is a personal preference.

I decided to stick with my HH, but a Stygian could give 1 extra jewel slot.

I believe this is the most possible dps out of this build with reasonable, non-legacy non-mirror gear.

With the mana reserved mod on my helmet, there's no need for Blood Magic to be linked with any of my skills.

Another way to get Reduced Mana Reserved is to get Sovreignty instead of Combat Stamina since we drop Vitality ;)

So i made some more changes to the gem links but decided to add as a footnote cause that mod is really optional and i'd like to keep the first part of the post within reasonable and practical modifications to urs in case someone would like to use my main ideas above.

Actual PoB: https://pastebin.com/tBxVPQLm

Helmet:
Replaced Blood Magic with Animate guardian.
Replaced Meat Shield with Multistrike. I'm not even sure I need the Sentinels anymore lul

Boots:
Ball Lightning + Faster casting (instead of blood magic) + Curse on hit + Vulnerability

Gloves:
Convocation is self cast.
Flame dash without Blood Magic.

Shield:
With 2 sockets freed up, i went with Phase Run for even more speed (typical addict).
Could also be changed into a CwDT defensive setup for Sirus fights.
Dread Banner.

Ring:
Portal in this Unset Redeemer Ring I crafted with spider, minion dmg and minion speed mods.
Essence of Fear could be used on a redeemer ring to try and hit minion damage prefix (redeemer) with the minion speed suffix from essence.
But since I needed fire resistance, I spammed alts to hit minion damage and fire res, then regalled then crafted mvt speed on bench and beast crafted the Spider with Fenumus. Hit that in about 200 ults.

TLDR: I'm flexing my gear on std :). Thanks again for sharing ur build guide dude, it's a blast.
Last edited by Roolstar on Jan 22, 2020, 7:12:13 PM
"
Roolstar wrote:
TLDR: I'm flexing my gear on std :). Thanks again for sharing ur build guide dude, it's a blast.

always happy to see guys like you having fun with my builds <3
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
I love this build and have been playing around with adding even more minions.

I have vaal skeleton on the wand with trigger socketed spell (after desecrate and offering, so I summon skeletons as I cast ball lightning). On bosses I hit the vaal button. They are not linked with any support gems but I have plenty minion damage buffs. The added minions help proc blind and taunt on hit. The Vaal button is just plain awesome too!

Then I took the 2x curse skill tree slot. I use lv5 vulnerability on hit and enfeeble from 1 of my spectres. (I want to get the 2nd curse from gear corruption but don't have it yet)

Spectres are 2x carnage cheiftans, 1x host chieftan, 1x diabloist

Also use 2x golems from skill tree (stone and carrion).

The stone golem is linked with meat shield along with animate guardian for fortify and movement speed.

The carrion golem is on the helm with blood magic, zombies, spectres. I am in the process of crafting a elder bone helm with +1 sentinels. Right now I have an elder helm with +1 sentinels and +2 gems. I am still testing the best combo for my other two prefixes (minion life gems, minion damage gems, or max life for myself).

I kept CWDT + convocation, and in a solo socket I have flame dash.

My only complaint is random 1 shots from metamorphs - but from what I've read this is an issue with many builds.
"
LurtzSquirtz wrote:

I have vaal skeleton on the wand with trigger socketed spell (after desecrate and offering, so I summon skeletons as I cast ball lightning). On bosses I hit the vaal button. They are not linked with any support gems but I have plenty minion damage buffs. The added minions help proc blind and taunt on hit. The Vaal button is just plain awesome too!

Yoinking that idea thx :)
"
Roolstar wrote:

Let me know how you like it, it's a lot of fun!

For the mana reservation craft on the helm (along with the other goodies), do you need to have all 3 bound, pristine, and dense? I want that now!
Last edited by LurtzSquirtz on Jan 23, 2020, 6:20:31 PM
"
LurtzSquirtz wrote:
"
Roolstar wrote:

Let me know how you like it, it's a lot of fun!

For the mana reservation craft on the helm (along with the other goodies), do you need to have all 3 bound, pristine, and dense? I want that now!

It's awesome with the skeletons dude thx for the idea. That vaal button feels like an ult lul.

Yes best fossil combo is by order of priority:
Bound - Pristine - Dense
The mana reservation was just a coincidence

Careful tho, don't expect to hit it quick, it's a high crafting cost. And make sure it's a ilvl86+ elder helmet otherwise +3 socketed mod not possible.

Not sure what ur build is like now, but if u dropped vitality like i did, u can take Sovereignty 3-node cluster instead of Combat Stamina's. try and see if that's enough to remove a Blood magic or 2.

I also bought and enchanted 2 helmets before I crafted mine on an enchanted elder ilvl86+ base.

But then I had to get that sentinel enchant, so I said fuck it and went for it.
Beast Corona is also really good for our build with that enchant.

I only bring out my sentinels for bosses now, 10 zombies - 10 skellies - 4 specters and 1 AG are clearing T16 maps ez.

Last edited by Roolstar on Jan 24, 2020, 1:19:05 PM
Any reason why not Ruthless instead of Feeding frenzy?

Aside from the coloring nightmare ofc..

PoB shows a huge dps boost with Ruthless
Last edited by Roolstar on Jan 24, 2020, 1:19:25 AM
"
Roolstar wrote:
Any reason why not Ruthless instead of Feeding frenzy?

Aside from the coloring nightmare ofc..

PoB shows a huge dps boost with Ruthless

feeding frenzy makes your horrible AI minions into war machines. this support is a must have of most minion builds because it makes them aggressive instead of passive
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
"
guggelhupf wrote:

feeding frenzy makes your horrible AI minions into war machines. this support is a must have of most minion builds because it makes them aggressive instead of passive

Thx, u saved me quite a few exalts trying to hit 5R1B

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info