Have you EVER found a rare worth selling?

Yeah I've found good rares. I commonly id many rares every league.... I don't think it's very efficient, I should probably leave them on the ground and just farm currency. I think it'd probably be more profitable for the time. But I get a certain satisfaction from looking at rares.. so I id them.

Most of my finds from this league are similiar to every league I've ever done... a 40-60c pair of gloves or boots. A base helm, here or there pushing an Exalted. But for the most part... 99.9% of all rares are junk.

And it's easy to see why... Uniques are awesome! Even a 1c, trash tier unique beats 90% of all comparitive rares. So yeah it's really really uncommon for a rare to be worth more than 10c.

TLDR. This league got a moonstone ring T1's Energy Shield and Caster abilities across all prefixes and suffixes.... 7ex. Pair of Fingerless gloves good stats 2ex, 4 pairs of boots worth 1 ex.
Doing the chaos recipe is a noob-trap. ID your rares, especially on higher tier maps. Set your loot filter to only show T1 and T2 bases and you're good.

Playing SSF and I find a lot of really good rares that way. ID'ing all those rares also fuels my crafting projects with Alterations.

ID'd that a couple days ago and it was an instant 390 pdps Corsair Sword ready to be used on a physical build.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
All the time, got this beaut just this weekend

Fyi only idd by accident as picked up for the chrome vendor, glad i idd first
Last edited by faustian1 on Jan 13, 2020, 9:43:38 PM
I do chaos recipe, but also ID best bases. Most stuff is trash of course, but you do get the occasional item which sells for 5c-50c. This time around I managed to find a claw which sold for 2,5 ex, and got 10ex for a pair of two-toned boots (1 alc -> high life, 3 resists and 30 movement :P).

It's definately not the best way to make currency, but it's more fun and relaxing compared to either flipping all day long or doing 50 maps an hour.
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
"
Vendetta wrote:
I do chaos recipe over and over...so I rarely find any rares to sell...

I do not really have time to check all the builds and what they need to function so that gutters my knowledge in selling rares.

Pretty much I do not bother with rares unless they are 3 res / high life roll or a good base that I usually identify.

I was exactly doing the same thing, found a helmet with some quality, so decided instead to do the chaos quality for the extra chaos, so I identified the helmet I was going to scrap for the 2 chaos recipe and I got this.

I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Doing the chaos recipe is a noob-trap. ID your rares, especially on higher tier maps. Set your loot filter to only show T1 and T2 bases and you're good.

Playing SSF and I find a lot of really good rares that way. ID'ing all those rares also fuels my crafting projects with Alterations.

ID'd that a couple days ago and it was an instant 390 pdps Corsair Sword ready to be used on a physical build.

You have to be particularly good with crafting or knowledgeable in what other builds use to be able to sale rares you find.

I usually know the good bases , and my loot filter also notifies me of a good base like Fingerless, which I usually identify as I said.

I do the chaos recipe because well it's an easy buck for someone that doesn't have time to learn every damn prefix and what build uses it.

I keep identifying the good bases while chaosing the retarded ones which pretty much won't sell anyway even if good stated .
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.

sure, spent 3c putting lightning res on it. and then a vaal orb obviously made it better.

if i wasnt ssf im sure it would sell for much more than 4c
Last edited by Thror2k5 on Jan 15, 2020, 2:01:10 AM
You made a crucial mistake - should have put multires in to get more out of you craft. It is only 30%, could have been 40%. Anyway it will sell for around 20c, don't know if that was what you meant by much more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info