How do i get upgraded maps??

Lets say i upgraded Plaza Map from white tier 4 to yellow tier 8 map - how do i get Plaza Map as a yellow map tier 8 map??

In my map stash, Plaza Map is still tier 4 white map !!
Last bumped on Dec 26, 2019, 8:41:40 AM
You wait for it to drop as T8; yeah.....
"
lupasvasile wrote:

Ofcourse, but from WHERE and from WHAT??? What if the connected-map is a white map - 4 tiers lower than Plaza Map?
Last edited by AT2105 on Dec 25, 2019, 10:31:16 AM
"
AT2105 wrote:
"
lupasvasile wrote:

Ofcourse, but from WHERE and from WHAT??? What if the connected-map is a white map - 4 tiers lower than Plaza Map?

At one point, the surrounding maps will also be yellow, two watchstones should do it. Haven't given it too much thought though, I just keep on doing maps, putting in the watchstones, and maps will eventually drop.
to get a t8 to drop, you should be running t7+ maps.

its the same atlas mechanics as before. you have to work your way up in tiers. spamming threads on christmas day won't help you get an answer faster either.

so what you do is what the game tells you to do. do the maps until you get to the corners of the atlas. this is essentially controlled by the connecting map lines, just like the previous atlas. once you get to the corners of the atlas you'll spawn conquerors. defeat them and get watchstones.

now the game is quiet as to what to do with these watchstones, for the most part, but thats because its so customizable its up to you to do what you want.

however, what you should first do is socket those watchstones....probably in the middle section of the atlas, in order to activate yellow maps to be dropped.

see, once you socket the watchstones, maps you've already completed will be upgraded. but they remain completed, which means they're added to the drop pool even at their higher tier, so long as you're running a tier that enables them to be dropped. ALA t4+.

a boss can drop 2 ilvls higher than what is run, so you can get a t6 from a t4. or run t5s and get plenty of 6s and maybe a t7. work your way up in the tiers and you'll get to t8s-9s pretty quickly.

continue to get the watchstones and socket/unsocket them as you please. you can socket them in a way to basically rush red maps, or you can socket them in a way to sustain whites until you get them all completed, then yellows to get them all completed, etc etc
"
lupasvasile wrote:
"
AT2105 wrote:
"
lupasvasile wrote:

At one point, the surrounding maps will also be yellow, two watchstones should do it. Haven't given it too much thought though, I just keep on doing maps, putting in the watchstones, and maps will eventually drop.

I dont get it. My Beach Map (the map in the center area) is tier 4 now, and not connected to any map!! How do i get Beach Map as tier 4 map?????? How is it even possible to get it as tier 4 now from drops??
you do maps of t7 or higher and some monster may shit out a t8 plaza map. in theory, a t6 map boss could too, but afaik their map drops are heavily scewed towards connected maps.
You work your way up, get influence to spawn conquerors, fight them when they show up, put the watchstones they drop in regions you wanna farm. To get another watchstone you check the left row on the Atlas. It tells you how many watchstones you need to get to the next conquerer fight. Then you farm those maps and regions until the conquerer shows up...rinse and repeat. Upgraded maps will drop naturally along the way. Don't run them without watchstones, so you trigger the conquerer spawn. You do this until Sirus wakes up. That's essentially how the new atlas works. Kind of overwhelming when you're new, but once you figured it out it's straight forward.
Last edited by WTFLOL on Dec 25, 2019, 12:34:51 PM
"
I dont get it. My Beach Map (the map in the center area) is tier 4 now, and not connected to any map!! How do i get Beach Map as tier 4 map?????? How is it even possible to get it as tier 4 now from drops??

As xMustard mentioned, the drop mechanics are the same as ever. The key thing to note is that, once you complete a map on any tier, it's considered completed on all tiers.

Assuming you completed your Beach on t1, it's completed. That means it doesn't have to be adjacent to anything to drop. Any t3 or higher map could potentially drop it. Or t2 if you hit the bonus on a boss drop.

Ok, so at first all maps are Tier 1-5.

Work your way to the outside, get influence and then a watchstone.

Plug the watchstone into an INTERIOR map area (not the area where it dropped) to upgrade it to Tier 6-7.

Now, run the Tier 5s in the outer regions to get Tier 6-7 to drop from the interior regions. (Yes, it makes no sense, and it defies the logic of how the atlas used to drop maps close by the map you ran, or at least more probable.)

Then, run those interior T6-T7 maps till you get more watchstones. Slot those in the outer region, now Tier 8-9.

Run the Tier 7s till you get T8s, and so on.

It really, really sucks and is a huge downgrade from the previous atlas. Not hard, just not fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info